1 2 3 [Last >>]
All Forums > Boats, Planes, Other > Tenk thread > Post Reply
Post #1 Sat, Jul 30, 9:17 AM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Member can post nice article or make discussion about tank inside thread. I start with study about T-72 and M1A1 in Gulf turkey shoot, quite educating read:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/48201782/M1A1-Vs-T-72

Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #2 Sun, Jul 31, 2:41 PM
944turb0
Supercar Messi - 130735

i hate how some noob always steals the panther
One of my favorite misinformed "opinions" about the 9/11 event is the hilariously overblown claims that part of the reason the Twin Towers collapsed was the extremely high temperature of burning jet fuel caused the steel structures to warp and partially melt. Anybody that knows anything about both fire and metal should recognize this is a complete fallacy and utter lunacy. Steel is a conductor of heat, it isn't something that just absorbs it and melts down. Have you ever tried to burn a paper clip, or a nail? Fire just doesn't work like that.

Post #3 Sun, Jul 31, 6:17 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Yes quite annoying maybe. Shourld steal America famours "Willy's Jeep" instead.
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #4 Mon, Aug 1, 6:17 PM
Youreallfullofit
Supercar Messiah - 10094

Good idea for a thread.

How about this massive behemoth, the Char 2C?
Largest tank ever built, even had its own electrician, mechanic, radio operator, and 9 other crew men.

Interestingly enough there's topics about this tank that state it was never used for battle, but rather to gather morale for the French public during the early stages of WW2.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?149455-Char-2C-99-Champagne


"I just doubt many here will be able to last 10 sec with me" - Raging Balls

Post #5 Mon, Aug 1, 10:05 PM
CrystalBaller
Supercar Messiah - 36839

pretty awesome
what would the electrician do
does he fix it when the lights go out

Founding Member of the screaming Chicken Faction.

Is it a bird ... is it a plane ... no, it's Superbaby! -fump

Post #6 Tue, Aug 2, 3:45 AM
Youreallfullofit
Supercar Messiah - 10094

i guess so, lights, radio, maybe a few other things. as somebody put it "it's basically a submarine on land with tracks" (referring to the size and equipment as well as number of crew)
"I just doubt many here will be able to last 10 sec with me" - Raging Balls

Post #7 Tue, Aug 2, 12:31 PM
got hp
Supercar Messi - 1579

US T28 Super Heavy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Super_Heavy_Tank
86 metric tons

German Pazner VIII Maus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
200 metric tons
(heaviest built, 2 prototypes)

British TOG2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOG2_(tank)
81 metric tons


93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."

Post #8 Tue, Aug 2, 12:37 PM
got hp
Supercar Messi - 1579

Planned but never completed


French FCM F1 (replacement for Char2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCM_F1
139 metric tons

German Landkreuzer P1000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte
1000 tons

German Landkreuzer P1500
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1500_Monster
1500 tons
(image is just of the artillery shell to be used, next to regular tank)

93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."


Edited by got hp - Tue, Aug 2, 12:38 PM
Post #9 Tue, Aug 2, 2:08 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Quote from got hp
Planned but never completed


French FCM F1 (replacement for Char2)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCM_F1
139 metric tons

German Landkreuzer P1000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte
1000 tons

German Landkreuzer P1500
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1500_Monster
1500 tons
(image is just of the artillery shell to be used, next to regular tank)
In that Landkreuzer P1500 have only 25cm conventional steel armor in front, something any modern APFSDS penetrate like loose gweilo vagina even if weight 1500 tons, cannot cross bridge or move anywhere. Europe like China is full of river, need to cross bridge to move.

Maybe not use like tank, more like "Dora" heavy artillery piece, crush Sevastopol fortress. Germany shourld have buirld more V-2 missile instead of this obsolete machine, much long range, cheap price and easy to move.

Also shourld buirld more Panther G, big enough to kill any WW2 allied tank at any range and survive hit from most allied tank at 1000m.

Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #10 Tue, Aug 2, 2:09 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Hitler have quite small penis maybe.
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #11 Tue, Aug 2, 2:10 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Leave Eva Braun unsatisfied and alienated, maybe Braun cheat with handsome SS-officer, Hitler want bigger and bigger tank.
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #12 Tue, Aug 2, 2:36 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Quote from got hp
US T28 Super Heavy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Super_Heavy_Tank
86 metric tons

German Pazner VIII Maus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus
200 metric tons
(heaviest built, 2 prototypes)

British TOG2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOG2_(tank)
81 metric tons

That Maus courld have work in WW2 if give some time for Germany engineer to fit a good drivetrain inside. A diesel-electricity drivetrain from existing diesel locomotive maybe?
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #13 Tue, Aug 2, 3:07 PM
Youreallfullofit
Supercar Messiah - 10094

Quote from Gouridebangzi
That Maus courld have work in WW2 if give some time for Germany engineer to fit a good drivetrain inside. A diesel-electricity drivetrain from existing diesel locomotive maybe?
Maybe, I don't know how standard having a D-E drive train would be in Germany at that time, though it would have been very effective. Also as viable would have been to use a diesel-hydraulic set up in a tank, as they already had loads of trains with this propulsion.
"I just doubt many here will be able to last 10 sec with me" - Raging Balls

Post #14 Tue, Aug 2, 4:22 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Quote from Youreallfullofit
Maybe, I don't know how standard having a D-E drive train would be in Germany at that time, though it would have been very effective. Also as viable would have been to use a diesel-hydraulic set up in a tank, as they already had loads of trains with this propulsion.
Yes that also. ZF semi-auto tranny go bang if crawl 200 ton tracked machine over Kursk ground holes and minefierlds.
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #15 Tue, Aug 2, 4:28 PM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Also quite interesting how fast Germany WW2 tank go from drawing board to service, only maybe 1-2 years. Most modern tank take 10-15 years to do that.
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #16 Tue, Aug 2, 7:28 PM
bananatucker
Supercar Messiah - 18206

badass russian tank KV2
"well she earned every penny!"-my buddy J after leaving a $.50 cent tip to a lousy blond bartender chick

Post #17 Wed, Aug 3, 10:45 AM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

^ 152mm porta-potty
Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #18 Wed, Aug 3, 7:53 PM
Vanilla Ice
Supercar Messiah - 12454

Quote from Gouridebangzi
Also quite interesting how fast Germany WW2 tank go from drawing board to service, only maybe 1-2 years. Most modern tank take 10-15 years to do that.
How much lineage can the Leopard 2 and M1A1 demonstratably take from the MBT-70? If its very much, you could probably crank that developmental life up to two decades.

Edited by Vanilla Ice - Wed, Aug 3, 9:08 PM
Post #19 Thu, Aug 4, 3:41 AM
Gouridebangzi
Supercar Messiah - 3497

Quote from Vanilla Ice
How much lineage can the Leopard 2 and M1A1 demonstratably take from the MBT-70? If its very much, you could probably crank that developmental life up to two decades.
I don't know about the drivetrain but armor, armament and suspensiorn is very different in MBT-70 compare to Leopard 2 and M1. So maybe not that much.

But long develop tank time is not only lazy cheeseburger gweilo problem, Soviet Association also develop design like T-64 long time. Maybe is war speed things up.

Africa hippo crush wheelman car

Africa hippo crush wheelman plane

Africa hippo drink wheelman wine

Post #20 Sat, Aug 6, 7:12 AM
CitroenSM
Foose fan - 37978

Tsar tank, The biggest tank ever made.

Quote from wikipedia;
The Tsar Tank (Russian: Царь-танк), also known as the Netopyr' (Нетопырь) which stands for pipistrellus (a bat, Летучая мышь) or Lebedenko Tank (танк Лебеденко), was an unusual Russian armored vehicle developed in 1916–1917 by Nikolai Lebedenko (Николай Лебеденко), Nikolai Zhukovsky (Николай Жуковский), Boris Stechkin (Борис Стечкин), and Alexander Mikulin (Александер Микулин). The project was scrapped after initial tests deemed the vehicle to be underpowered and vulnerable to artillery fire.

It differed from modern tanks in that it did not use caterpillar tracks—rather, it used a tricycle design. The two front spoked wheels were nearly 9 metres (27 feet) in diameter; the back wheel was smaller, only 1.5 metres (5 feet) high, triple wheel, to ensure maneuverability. The upper cannon turret reached nearly 8 metres high. The hull was 12 meters wide with two more cannons in the sponsons. Additional weapons were also planned under the belly. Each wheel was powered by a 250 hp (190 kW) Sunbeam engine.[1]

The vehicle received its nickname because its model, when carried by the back wheel, resembled a bat hanging asleep.

The huge wheels were intended to cross significant obstacles. However, due to miscalculations of the weight, the back wheel was prone to be stuck in soft ground and ditches, and the front wheels were sometimes insufficient to pull it out. This led to a fiasco of tests before the high commission in August 1915. The tank remained in the location where it was tested, some 60 kilometres from Moscow until 1923 when it was finally taken apart for scrap.

"If God had meant for us to walk, why did he give us feet that fit car pedals?" - Sir Stirling Moss
(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")

Post #21 Sat, Aug 6, 6:10 PM
CrystalBaller
Supercar Messiah - 36839

thats gay as shti
Founding Member of the screaming Chicken Faction.

Is it a bird ... is it a plane ... no, it's Superbaby! -fump

Post #22 Sat, Aug 6, 8:33 PM
944turb0
Supercar Messi - 130735

thats steampunk as hell
One of my favorite misinformed "opinions" about the 9/11 event is the hilariously overblown claims that part of the reason the Twin Towers collapsed was the extremely high temperature of burning jet fuel caused the steel structures to warp and partially melt. Anybody that knows anything about both fire and metal should recognize this is a complete fallacy and utter lunacy. Steel is a conductor of heat, it isn't something that just absorbs it and melts down. Have you ever tried to burn a paper clip, or a nail? Fire just doesn't work like that.

Post #23 Sun, Aug 7, 2:01 AM
RLQ
new member - 71621

Those wheels are balling.
"People who own guns but don't support abortion don't matter anyway because their penises are so small that they can't even get a girl pregnant." SupraMan

Post #24 Sun, Aug 7, 9:27 AM
ryanator117
Supercar Messiah - 26463

Quote from RLQ
Those wheels are balling.
ridin' on 300s
Post #25 Mon, Aug 15, 11:01 PM
got hp
Supercar Messi - 1579

thats seriously awesome!
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."

Posted: Today
Superbot


Posted: Today
Superbot


All Forums > Boats, Planes, Other > Tenk thread > Post Reply
1 2 3 [Newer >>]