2012 Nissan GT-R: 530HP, 7.20 Ring Time

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by thebarron1989, Oct 18, 2010.

1. #1 thebarron1989, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016

An overnight spec-drop from the Land of the Rising Sun confirms the 2012 Nissan GT-R is the Car of the Rising Power with a 45 horsepower bump, which is enough to drop the Nurb├╝rgring time to a Corvette ZR1-confounding 7:20.

The new 2012 GT-R is now more than just slightly revised aerodynamics. According to NAGTROC, the 2012 model adds more power through added boost, larger exhaust piping, modified valve timing, and a few other tweaks.

The new GT-R now makes 530 hp at 6,400 RPM and peak torque of 450 lb-ft from 3,200-6,000 RPM. They've also attempted to preempt any jokes by mentioning there's an upgrade to the transmission programming as well.

Not surprisingly, they've extended the number of editions to six: Club Track (racing-only), EGOIST (super customized), Pure Edition, Black Edition, Premium Edition, and SpecV.

Magically, the 'Ring time dropped from 7:26.4 to 7:20, enough to best both the ZR1 and Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
  2. That Bentley style interior does not go with the style of car, or the cheap plastics.
  3. I thought the car was perfect and it couldn't be improved?
  4. some of the interior materials were cheap but it looks like it may have been addressed. i hope it lost some weight.

The GT-R is like a chick who can satisfy you in all kinds of ways in bed but is obese and not pretty.
  5. official laptime or just a rumor?
  6. seems legit but not sure though
  7. who cares for the power bump or the new ring record, i'd take the first gen beucase the front bumper doesnt look with down syndrome.
  8. Keeping the tradition of owning Porsches alive
  9. new gtr out before gt5?
    or is the new gtr gt5 since they are both run by ps3
  10. Rocking the world yet again...
  11. LOL, EGOIST edition
  12. why do the japanese love specs and editions and types so much
  13. I liked the old interior better, and this 7:20 time sounds "theoretical" to me.
  14. oh great, another thread where people argue over stats, when none of you have ever been in one of these cars, or driven one.

15. By your logic, SC.net should not exist because very few of us are qualified to talk about any supercars.
  16. I've ridden in one. Ha.
  17. isnt that the whole point of SC.net?

this isnt "supercarOWNERS.net"
  18. I've seen a few, I'm more than qualified
  19. Bye-bye 911 Turbo(again).
  20. I have been in one also.
  21. If you buy GT5, you get a free GT-R.
  22. awesome.
  23. and i guess they couldnt find a way to save some 200lbs of weight on this performance pig.
  24. I don't care what anyone says, this car truly is amazing for what it is. Straight up the best bang for your buck without a doubt
  25. So they fixed the transmission programming... Did they make it so it's actually tough, and a tune up and oil change doesn't cost twice as much as the purchase price of the car?

I really want to like this thing, but some of it's quirks/shortcomings really disappoint me. The old GTRs were such #$%#ing tanks, ya know?