02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by LifeInTheFastLane, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

The 02' Lingenfelter Corvette is by no means a bad car,but to say it is "quickest steetlegal car ever!!" is a bit of an overstatement considering how it got to be that way. The McLaren F1 is the fastest street legal car and it's naturaly aspirated. The 02' Lingenfelter Corvette is TT and still not as good as the McLaren F1.

2. Just read an article in the June 02' issue of Motortrend that compares Lingenfelter's new 800 hp Vette to a F/A-18 hornet (as a joke kinda). Anyway, Lingenfelter's Vette did the 1/4 in 9.24 and 0-60 in 1.97 sec. on 92 octane gas!! All whiile getting 15 to 24 miles per gallon. Top speed is estimated (guess they didn't get to top speed) at 240 mph. These numbers are straight from Motortrend so I'm assuming they're right. Faster than any Viper ever built and faster than all of Europe's exotics!!

3. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

The numbers don't lie!! The 02' Lingenfelter Vette isn't going to beat Mclaren on a road course but certainly in the quarter mile. Mclaren is outdated and people should seriously stop bringing it up EVERYTIME there's a fast car out there. This car is real and is being produced (modified by Lingenfelter). Who cares if the car is twin turbocharged. It's also only 8 cylinders! The remarkable part of this car is the mileage and the fact that it is emissions legal. Also this car is only around $165,000. If anyone doesn't believe the numbers they're on page 90 of the June 02' issue of Motortrend. This car is the fastest accelerating street legal car ever built. I don't know where it ranks in topspeed. I swear, people and their damn Mclarens!!

0-30 mph .83
    0-40 mph 1.2
    0-50 mph 1.59
    0-60 mph 1.97
    0-70 mph 2.44
    0-80 mph 3.06
    0-90 mph 3.67
    0-100 mph 4.33
    0-150 mph 9.21

Sweet!!

4. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

actually if you look at the cost it's only about 90-100 g's which roughly caculates to about 1/10th of the price of a mclaren.

40-45 g's for the car
    43g's for the upgrade

5. #5 MRF582, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

actually this car is NOT only 100g's...dumbass...get your facts right before you post.

check out this link if you don't believe me.

http://innotech.racerplanet.com/s6.jpg

6. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

DUDE..the Lingenfelter corvette is so much faster than a McLaren F1...look at the numbers.

0-60 in 1.97 seconds....the McLaren is much slower than that.
    1.97 seconds is Formula One territory. this car will beat anything street legal in a straight line.

7. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

The new Lingenfelter Vette is $165,000 including the price of the Vette.

8. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

people, its not the fastest street legal car you can buy, or even close. there are 8 second street legal cars, they just arent tuned by a company like lingenfelter.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fordracing</i>
    <b>people, its not the fastest street legal car you can buy, or even close. there are 8 second street legal cars, they just arent tuned by a company like lingenfelter.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're right. This isn't THE fastest street legal car. I could build a street legal Camaro that will go this fast. This is the fastest car I've ever heard about though that is actually STREETABLE. This thing (unlike the Camaro anyone could build) runs on pump gas and gets damn good gas mileage (15-22 mpg according to MotorTrend). So yes, this car is not the fastest street legal car, but find me a car that is economical, comfortable (it's a stock Vette inside), emissions legal, runs on pump gas, and does 0-60 mph in a little under 2 sec. and then I'll agree that this isn't the fastest street legal car. The rest are drag cars built for street class racing.

10. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Can anyone say PRODUCTION car? At $165K, one could make ANYTHING fast.

11. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest streetlegal car ever!!

of course but it is a production car that is used isn't it?

12. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest streetlegal car ever!!

The man above me is my hero

13. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

what car is faster than this car? I guess the bugatti is faster (@253mph), but other than that what Street legal production car does the 1/4 in under 8 seconds?

14. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

yes exactly analogic. so we can conclude that the lingenfelter is the winner.

15. #15 Buko, Aug 29, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

I agree that the LPE Vette is the fastest thing running that close to stock, and I would give me little fingers to have one. I also want to say that the Bugatti is not street legal in the USA. It's not even legal for import unless you do some serious emisions and tunning to it. Likewise it costs about twice ($300k or so, I think) as much as the Vette. In any event LPE is making some of the hottest modified cars on the market today. My only wish is that LPE gets GM approval to produce their vette's as a manufacturer. In the same fashion that Ruff and Saleen produce their cars. Then it would be the fastest production car with none of this arguement about it not being stock.

Be cool

Check this article out as well

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2002/august/widebody/excess-1.ASP

16. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

thanks for the article buko, this corvette is a tough ass kicker and import killer!

17. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

I don't know if this holds any relavance anymore, but I have the video with the Corvette and the F18 Hornet battling it out. John Lingenfelter himself said, and I quote, "The customer wanted the quickest street car that we've ever built, and, this is it". So maybe that settle some controversy here... The Lingenfelter twin-turbo Vette may not be the fastest street legal car ever...but it's pretty damn close. Props to Mr. Lingenfelter.

18. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

I don't know if this holds any relavance anymore, but I have the video with the Corvette and the F18 Hornet battling it out. John Lingenfelter himself said, and I quote, "The customer wanted the quickest street car that we've ever built, and, this is it". So maybe that settle some controversy here... The Lingenfelter twin-turbo Vette may not be the fastest street legal car ever...but it's pretty damn close. Props to Mr. Lingenfelter.

19. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

the 427TT was run with racing slicks. with street legal tires it would not have enough tractions to make those numbers.

20. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

Actually the Lingenfelter 427 TT vette, is the fastest, road-legal car with a Warranty.

Because of course there is 7 and 8 second cars that are stree legal. Just no warranty.

21. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

that is right ultimate

22. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

ya i just read it. thats a damn fast car.

23. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

this car is awesome

24. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

The fastest street legal car I am aware of is a '55 Chevy running a 5.555.

I'd rather have the 427TT though.

25. Re: 02' Lingenfelter quickest steetlegal car ever!!

is that a pro stock drag car with a merlin engine exceeding the 555 ci?