2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by MastrVipr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I would go with the Corvette, bout you?

2. Re: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

That'd be a good race. I'd say it's all up to the drivers and who can get traction off the line. But there's two issues here. One is that a Cobra was never intended to run with a Vette(especially a Z06). It's target has always been the SS. The fact that it's running with GM's best effort for $15K less either says very bad things about GM or good things about Ford. Secondly, once you buy a Vette you're pretty much married to it's performance rating unless you want to spend insane amounts of money for parts like...say...over a grand for catback exhaust. So this really isn't the best comparison for a race, but I suppose most Chevy fans will make it since the SS has no chance in stock form. *shrug*

3. Re: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Corvette all the way but keep in mind that the corvette is more expensive.

4. Re: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra vs. 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Well, you say that the Z06 vs. the Cobra is not a fair comparison? I agree with you. But to say that racing a Cobra against a car from a year prior to that model is fair, isn't quite accurate. Also, the Mustang has a supercharger on it, which the SS did not have. Thirdly, I believe that the Cobra (not fully loaded, I could be wrong here though) is about $5K more than a fully loaded SS with the SLP package on it. I am a Camaro fan, and always have been. I am sad to see them go, but at the same time have hated all the Gen4 Camaros (aside from their performance). I must admit, that I am extremely impressed with this new Cobra. You could buy one, stock....put a nice big intake on it, and a cat back exhaust and probably add at least 50 horsepower with the way it is set up. I tip my hat off to Ford for this one, it's an awesome car........but I don't think comparing it to a year old non-supercharged Camaro is quite fair.