$300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by BadIntentions, Jul 27, 2003.

1. I know that may sound weird, but if you compare specs with other cars, this is an amazing car. The only draw back it really has is an INTERNATIONAL name. This pulls what 1.04 lateral G's? And 0-60 in 3 seconds? This is near Enzo material.

Any opinions?

2. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

Enzo does 1,4 lateral g's so that's a still a big diference and the Enzo has HIGE downforce. So i don't know, would love to see a race between those 2, but i'll set my money on the Enzo.

3. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

Here's a nice little article I have here, I'm not sure what magazine it's from. (It's just the page ripped out.) But anyway, heres what is says"

2001 Saleen S7
    $375,000

As the culmination of 17 years of research and development, the new S7 has a gargantuan all-aluminum V8 engine that delivers 550 Horsepower and a 0-to-60 time under four seconds. Due to the aerodynamic body engineering, the S7 could actually be driven across a ceiling once you get it up to 160 mph. (That's takeoff speed for a 747, by the way). The standard windshield LCD screen and rearview camera let you examine that environmentalist activist you plowed over at the last intersection. The speedometer goes to 240 mph, which, when you think about it, is really an invitation for you to drive at 240 mph.
    Why it's so expensive:
    "We use a lot of space-age technology in the engineering and the construction of the car," states Steve Saleen, the company's CEO. "It has the best of everything. Other than it's the fastest car ypu can buy today, what else is there to say?"
    Not a whole lot.

Ok, so there ya go!

4. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

i ain't complaining , just makes it easyier to buy one

5. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

I doubt 300,000 is cheap. But this RELATIVELY low price is probably from the fact that it's local, the innerds are probably not 100 percent homemade, and there are probably going to be more of these than the carrera gt or the enzo. But with its performance, the price should make this car a better seller in the states than the imports.

6. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

the price is $395,000 buddy

7. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

well, u can get a veyron for the same price, but its much faster

8. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

sorry, scratch that, its over 2x the price

9. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

$300,000 sticker is a little off...The last time I saw the S7 in Motortrend it was stickering for over $600,000! It still remains a bargain compared to the Enzo at over $1.5 Million (Dupontregistry.com).

10. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

no, the enzo is $652,000 and the S7 is $375,000

11. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

$375 000 (over $500 000 canadian :p) is a good price for it. Even though it is my favourite car I still admit that 550 horsepower is pretty low for a car over $300 000 us. The only reason it is worth the money is because it has amazing aerodynamics! Just look if it was shaped like a honda civic it would go like 170mph and would never be bought :p. Also a reason that it is such a low price is because it is a V-8 engine. Just look if The Enzo had a V-8 would it really be over 600 000?

12. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

$300,000 is cheap which is why it sells for $375,000

13. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

Actually, I think this beast is overpriced.

Considering you can get a TVR T440R for about half the price with a virtually identical power:weight ratio and carbon-fiber construction. Of course if you want to spend a little more, you could get a TVR Typhon with similar power to the S7 and around 200kg lighter.

14. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

don't count on it. This car has perhaps the same power/weight, but it's much more a race car. Look at the porsche gt1. power/weight isn't THAT great, but around the track it's faster than a mclaren f1. Same story goes here: power/weight is good for acceleration and quartermails, but in reallife its a combination of cornering speed and in gear accelerations. I bet my life on that this is hugely faster than a TVR 440

15. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

damn right, this car is elite, but the engine sucks, (wasted design)

16. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

what do u mean the engine sux? is 500+ hp, thats more than u would probably ever need

17. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

$395K is a bit too much for this car in my opinion.

18. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

i really doubt that this engine fits into the "this engine sucks" category. true, it doesn't have 100 hp/l, but it doesn't need it. the low end torque on the s7 is amazing, it's one hell of a fast car.

19. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

its 395,000 dollars which isnt "cheap"
    than again it has a pushrod v-8

20. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

heck no $300,000.00 seems extreemly expensive.for that I alt to get
    a car that can blast at speeds at least like 250 mph

21. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

$300,000 is expensive, but most cars that even come close to 250 mph cost about 3 times that much.

22. Re: $300,000 seems a bit cheap, any one else agree?

NO MAMES Primero tenlos en la mano y luego hablas!

23. the price is actually 397000, for the ones who has any doubt.

and i don't think it is cheap, maybe it is fast, but it hasn't got even airbags!! the ones who agree with me, please reply

24. i agree with you. because S7 is a race car and won many races in ALMS