360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by Corvette Crazy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. It think that this would be a close one. It would be depending on the driver but if they were equal i think the Z06 would win by about 8 feet. Anyone else have any comments?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

The 360 Modena right away.

3. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

Give me the 2002 Lingerfelter Vette and I'll smoke anyone :D.
    *sniff* that detroit muscle.
    And have you really got all those in your garage?...parking must be a *****.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fastcars4life</i>
    <b>The 360 Modena right away.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Please, put some thought into your statements without being a biased idiot. The 360 Modena isn't invincible, in fact cars costing way less will beat it, probably including the Z06. It would be close though. I say Z06 by a hair.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

I would have to see this one to believe it alot depends on driver My dads got a 98 vette which he let me drive a few times granted its fast and cheap and handles good I always want to believe Ferrari is fastest but I've noticed its commonly not the case I dont understand why Ferrari cant use the extra 100000$ And make their car faster I mean whats the hold up

6. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

Modena can't fight a vette. But Maranello can.

7. #7 Honda rulez, Oct 11, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

Here is another person comparing a $150,000 dollar car to a $50,000 dollar. There is a $100,000 dollar difference! The 360 Modena is a exotic and of course it will win. But Please stop comparing everything to a Z06

9. #9 Gamer55, Oct 19, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

THE Z06 WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think about this:

1) http://www.opentracking.com/Modena%20360.mpg

2) Below (Automobile Magazine's way of saying their long-term 385-hp Z06 was pretty swell)

Now what due you have to say?!?!?!?!?!?

10. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

Ferrari is meant for fun to drive.

11. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

I guess so

12. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

to be honest, itz hard to say. letz get some pro drivers, both these cars, and then make em do a couple of runs. plz note thatz sarcasm there.

questions like these turn to pointless arguments i must say.

13. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

I think that people are staring way to much at numbers on the internet! Cars are not about numbers! They're about personality, character, and sensation. You get a car that makes you feel great to drive it, and that's the one you want. Doesn't matter what some numbers on the internet, or anyone else says! Maybe by the number the Corvette wins, but when you look at the stereo and it the same as any other POS chevy, you say DAMN.

I saw a Ferrari 308 in the West Edmonton mall and I just stopped and stared. It's such a beautiful car. I see vettes all the time, and could give a shit less. I'm not a numbers man! I want something more.

So those americans and/or number crunchers who want to talk about the vettes numbers, leave me out of it. If you've driven the cars, then talk my ears off, but numbers don't do anything. I've played GT3, and I can look at numbers there, but it doesn't inspire me (much).

14. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

it irritates me the way you say it will win by 8 feet, you mean in the 1/4. ferraris are not meant for drag and if you want to compare cars on the drag strip, use cars that are meant for drag racing not drivers cars. i would take the ferrari anyday. it would hammer the z06 on the track because its designed for the track.

15. Re: 360 Modena vs 2002 Z06 Corvette

How do you figure that? The F1 paddle shift isn't meant for fun, it's meant for performance, and actually decreases driving pleasure. And trust me, corvettes are fun to drive. The only things I have against the 360 Modena are

a) the F1 paddle shift

and

b) Its looks. It's flashy enough as to border on distaste, and just looks like something out of a cartoon (as is the case with f50 as well)