A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Discussion in '2002 Saturn Sky Concept' started by BumpinSaturn, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

yes i agree totally. This car is a huge step forward from what i curently own. saturn definetly wants a piece of the pie. Good Stuff.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LamboOwner</i>
    <b>This car sux. I think it as ugly as hell, but that Is my opinion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well i share your opinion this looks like they took an Audi TT and #$%#ed it up saturn style. and 180 hp? AN ACCORD V6 HAS MORE HP THAN THIS, are they trying to pass this off as a sports car? this is just another pathetic attempt by the failure that is saturn<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2003SVTCobra</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LamboOwner</i>
    <b>This car sux. I think it as ugly as hell, but that Is my opinion.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well i share your opinion this looks like they took an Audi TT and #$%#ed it up saturn style. and 180 hp? AN ACCORD V6 HAS MORE HP THAN THIS, are they trying to pass this off as a sports car? this is just another pathetic attempt by the failure that is saturn</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

but im sure this is much lighter than the accord v6. actual performance does not depend only on HP. i think this car's performance will be comparable to the accord v6, perhaps even faster. also, knowing saturn's "affordable brand" image, i dont think it'll be priced very high (high means in the audi TT range). it will offer a cheaper alternative to those who want a good looking roadster for relative cheap price. saturn is certainly heading in the right direction.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Saturn finally realized how putrid and awkward their cars really were and are finally fixing the problem.

5. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ralph Wiggum</i>
    <b>Saturn finally realized how putrid and awkward their cars really were and are finally fixing the problem.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes Saturn is definatly making efforts.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

This car sux. I think it as ugly as hell, but that Is my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

You have to give this to Saturn, that they actually took some time to think of torque and a better overall engine, instead of strapping on a turbo and making another Civic.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

My family has owned two Saturns, they are very reliable, long-lasting cars. now, that was a stupid comment, a V6 is generally bigger than a 4-cylinder and therefore has more power. One more thing, how many Hondas run for 250000 miles like they did the day of purchase without repairs?

9. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

at least there isn't a car company called Uranus...hate to think of the names they would use for their cars...styling looks too Alfa-Romeo ish on this car..but it's not bad for Saturn

10. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

it really bugs me when people dont take the time to learn about cars before they post here... they have been playing way too much gran turismo so that they think hp is all that matters... about the accord having more power, i beat an accord horribly with a stock sc2, nothing done to it, and they have like 115 hp! after my turbo, i eat up cobras like they are minivans, with much less hp... put down the controller and pick up a book.

11. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Yeah it is a step in right direction!!

12. Re: A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Quote:
    My family has owned two Saturns, they are very reliable, long-lasting cars. now, that was a stupid comment, a V6 is generally bigger than a 4-cylinder and therefore has more power. One more thing, how many Hondas run for 250000 miles like they did the day of purchase without repairs?

you guys comparing the wrong cars, accord SOHC v6 arent performance cars theyre family cars, if you want to compare with honda, compare it to the 02 Civic Type-R theres a equal match, but betteroff i think the MINI cooper S is the best compettitor, 180bhp for a supercharged 2.2 aint all that exciting though

oh and by the way, Honda is KNOWN to manufacture reliable cars, unlike SOME american cars, the jackasses who dont know how to drive probaly bring in their cars about 5 times a year, it isnt all about the car or manufacturer its the owner and ppl who buy it too, think about it