absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way, the

Discussion in '2001 HSV Grange' started by RuffRydaRaz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

Absolute power and luxury..?
    I would rather have a BMW or Mercedes.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Qubeley</i>
    <b>Absolute power and luxury..?
    I would rather have a BMW or Mercedes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'd rather have a bullet in the head, this car is a piece of shit.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Qubeley</i>
    <b>Absolute power and luxury..?
    I would rather have a BMW or Mercedes.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well for the price you pay for one of these, it would be better off to pay a bit more and get a reliable good looking Merc, BMW or Audi<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

Pay a bit more? What BMW would keep up with the Grange? the 740? or even 750? I dont think their price is a "bit more" maybe 2/3 times more.

5. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

u forgot about the m5 400bhp mate<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

Even the 535 or 540 would have it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

the 535 or 540i would not have it, it'd hand them their arses. Its a 350hp V8. Seriously you guys don't even get these in the UK and there 40g USD, an M5 here is 110-120grand more or so. There a quality car for what they are, and much quicker than a 535 or 540. I've been in one of those models and they are anything but quick. The M5 is 400hp. But its also double the price of HSVs top model car. And while it is the better car, its justifiable if you can afford it. It doesn't offer 2times the performance, 2times the luxury etc.

The M5 is without question a better car, but HSVs are an alternative and probably the best one for people can't afford M5s and E55s. And nothing BMW or Merc make shy of their in house tuners would beat it.

8. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

hsv vx sv300 vs bmw m5.
    SV 300 over it all the way.

9. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

yeah, but thats brand bias mate. The SV300 is a great CHEAPER alternative, but it's not a better car.

10. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1q2w3e</i>
    <b>yeah, but thats brand bias mate. The SV300 is a great CHEAPER alternative, but it's not a better car. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What makes the M5 better in your opinion?<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

VY S Supercharged V6 is quicker than BA XR6 (non turbo)
    VY V8 Calais is quicker than the BA V8 Fairmont Ghia, except in overtaking acceleration.

12. Re: absolute power and luxury for those who need it(by the way,

Yeah I've noticed that...

13. #14 grange1, Apr 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016