Alonso fastest upon return

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by JagMan, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Alonso fastest upon return
    15 January 2008 / Results / Photos

In only his first day in action since last year's Brazilian Grand Prix it was Fernando Alonso who topped the time sheets on Tuesday in Jerez. The Spaniard returned to return after one year at McLaren and immediately showed he felt at home at the team he won two championship titles with.

At Circuito de Jerez testing continued on Tuesday for the second day of testing. At Renault Fernando Alonso took over the wheel from Nelson Piquet jr. All eyes were on the Spaniard who returned at the team he enjoyed his biggest success with in Formula 1. "I was a bit tentative to begin with because it has been along time since I have driven an F1 car, but I could not wait to start working with the team," Alonso said during his lunch break in Jerez.

Alonso's country fellow Pedro de la Rosa was close behind him. De la Rosa completed 111 laps in McLaren's 2008 contender. Nico Rosberg was also well up to Speed. The German set his fastest time at 1.19.756, two tenths behind on Alonso.

At Force India Giancarlo Fisichella completed his first laps as the team's official race driver. Fisichella was just over a second slower than Alonso.

2. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA We're back!

3. Seriously, did anyone expect him to be slow? Really? REALLY? This was the *KID* who finally chased Schumacher out of F1!

4. Testing at the Jerez circuit

Maranello, 15th January

Circuit: Jerez circuit - 4.428 km Drivers: Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa Car: F2008 Weather: air temperature 8/18°C, track temperature 8/25°C. Clear skies in the morning, slightly cloudy in the afternoon.

Second day of testing this week for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, working again today at the Jerez circuit, in southern Spain.

Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa continued working on the development of the F2008, both driving one of the new cars, evaluating various set-up changes, as well as doing some practice starts.

The day in figures is as follows: 90 laps for Kimi (best time 1.19.708) and 86 for Felipe, (1.19.772).

Testing at this track ends tomorrow, again with Massa and Raikkonen on track.

5. no Schumachers Ferrari went to shit on Suzuka

6. I find it funny that jagman has stayed quiet till now, well im not surprised but i am a bit disappointed.

7. Ya, you're right: Suzuka was the only race that mattered. (insert sarcasm)

8. The last two races were.

9. haha well..of course what I said was nonsense but Alonso was pretty lucky his car broke down obviously