Back in an E38 7 series.

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by Chris V, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Best 7 yet.
    Does it drift?

2. Not with DSC on.... lol

3. New pictures... IMG_1099.jpg IMG_1102.jpg IMG_1105.jpg IMG_1107.jpg

4. I like the angel eyes, makes it stand out a bit from the hood rat standard cars these days and ties in with the newer BMWs. The CF on the dash wood was done before I got it. Kinda gives it a cockpit feel, but I wish it either wasn't there or was on ALL the wood.

5. Really neat car and great design too

6. Well, it's been a year with it and so far, in 11k miles, it's needed no repairs, just scheduled maintenance (an oil change).

TrueSportsCarMechanic likes this.
  7. Well, after a year and a half, I finally mounted the front airdam. It's a replica Alpina part that I ground the raised Alpina logo off. Painted it and bolted it on today.

airdam1.jpg

8. Two and a half years into it, and it's still going strong. I've had to replace a rear window regulator, the coolant level sensor, and the rear inner wheel well liners, but that's been it. 175k miles on it and about to drive up to upstate NY for the holidays.

IMG_1907.jpg IMG_1905.jpg IMG_1932.jpg

IdoL and Veyronman like this.
  9. Still the best looking 7 Series.

WhiteChocolateWorld likes this.
  10. truly awesome saloon, used to day dream about being an african warlord with an armoured alpina L7.

11. I imagine African warlords (and most definitely Arab ones) in W126 S Classes.

12. Well, it's sold. It was being used mostly to commute with and so I got my old Volt back to do the commute, and the BMW ended up sitting. It was going to get ruined by lack of use OR just using it for a 12 mile round trip commute, so I sold it for what I paid for it. :(

I will replace it in the future with a V12 version, I'm sure. I just love the E38s a lot.