CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM' started by jaime83, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I would like an honest answer about how the CLK-DTM would compare with other GT cars in other GT circuits such as the ones from Japan and maybe from the American LeMans Series. How would it compare to cars such as the Calsonic Skyline or the WedSport Celica or the BMW E46 GTR or the Chevrolet Corvette C5-R. From what I hear, the CLK-DTM is a beast...but what about the other cars? If you think there is a care that could match with this one or one that this one wouldn't match up to, let me know.

2. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

DTM and JGTC's rules are the same, the GT500 and the DTM are, well, almost exactly the same.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

Compared to ALMS cars, it would probably be even, with those from the GT class. I read somewhere that BMW considered producing the M3 GTR for the DTM and not Le Mans, so it is built to similar specs.
    The C5-R on the other hand would smoke this car. It is in a higher class, with an extra 150hp, and it is a much faster car.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

TC's and GT's are completely different, these are MUCH faster.
    the OPEL astra TC goes about 170MPH<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

I got to say one thing this car is tight. If you compare it to the skylines and m3 gtr and 911 gt3 r etc they all the same basically. They all got about 450 bhp. They all have 6 or 8 cylinders under the hood. and all the top speeds are almost the same.

6. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

well i just picked up a 1/18 scale model of the DTM('01), i was thinking that it would probably make a good GTS car in the Le Mans series if it had the 600h.p. v8 or maybey the v12, just my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

I won't compare them to GTs, the GTs are faster.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

I like the Storm.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

the only races i watch are the Australian GT thing and DTM sometimes...
    I like the lambo GT (when they participate), the 360Gt is quite cool as well.

10. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

DTM are the fastest GT races!!! so that means that the CLK-DTM is faster than any GT outside DTM...OR even Inside DTM..(THey won the championship this year, AGAIN !!! )
    the cars in DTM are especially designed for races, they are build from zero to fit in the race...the cars are made from carbon fiber and they're very light...THe engines are extremely powerful and torqueous!!!
    THE CLK-DTM weights under 1 ton, something like 980Kg, the BMW E46 M3 GTR Strassenversion weights 1350kg and has 20Hp less then the CLK-DTM...And more of that the CLk-DTM has outstanding aerodynamics...the thing that i don't get here, is that why doesn't anyone know about DTM???? i mean i never miss one race of the whole season, just like F1!!

11. Re: CLK-DTM compared to other GT cars... (Be Honest!)

the competition with other brands is far too upheaved... with unpredictable results

12. CLK-DTM may be slightly faster than the FIA-GT GT1 cars, for example, Maserati MC12 or Corvette C6R.
    CLK-DTM on the Spa-Francorchamps, lap record is about 2:13:xx,and FIT-GT GT1 cars the time is about 2:15:xx

13. CLK DTM great price for what you get.Alot of GT car cost evil cash but hey if you have the money fu(k why not.