could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by tha topp dogg, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

You could turbo this if you want to, but it would greatly devalue the car in the long run. It sure would be fun though.

2. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

Already is charged

3. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

Already charged?..are u saying supercharged?...cause if you are..it isnt supercharged..its a naturally aspirated 5.4 Liter engine....the 2003 Cobra is supercharged

4. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

I was under the impression the Cobra R was supercharged, i know a 2003 is but ya anyhow, if its not supercharged, CHARGE IT BABY !! ahaha

5. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

I don`t think this car needs supercharger wat this car need is a pair of wheels and weight reduction so it can hit the 10sec.

6. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

this car allready has a super charger on it, but you could ad a twin turbo system on along with it, then it would be really fast.-----------------------------------(yes you can supercharge and turbo charge an engine at the same time)

7. Re:

That would be great considering turbos ar WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY better than superchargers! I love this car.

8. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

Isn't the Steeda Mustang a supercharged version of this?
    or not?

9. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

yep, sure could turbocharge it, but anything over 9psi and bound to have engine problems because of high compression pistons.

According to a program called Dyno 2000, it reckons at 9psi, a Garrett T45 turbo would bring this up to around 750 horsepower.

10. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

just look at the pic.A RB26dett with a supercharger.

11. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

Just to clear this thread up a little;

the "cobra R" is an NA 5.4, it is NOT supercharged

the "SVT Cobra" is a supercharged 4.6

12. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

its gunna need a lot more than wheels and weight reductions to get into the 10's

13. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

you clearly don't know anything about the mechanics of an engine
    for one
    no, this car si not supercharged
    and if you did supercharge and turbo an engine it would probably explode
    there is only so much air that you can force into an engine without #$%#ing up

14. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

This is my 50th post, making me a honorary member. I decided to post it with one of my, if not, my most favorite cars around. The 2000 SVT Mustang Cobra R

I'm am one of the biggest Cobra R freaks around. I would take one of these over almost any other mustang. I don't care about Saleen and Roush or Steeda. This is the most kickass Mustang to streets in quite some time.

At 385 HP WITHOUT a supercharger and not to mention the race tuned parts, its a great performer. People may think the 2003 Cobra is better cause it has more power. That statement is false. The 03 Cobra has 390 hp from a supercharger. The Cobra R has a 5.4 engine compared to the 4.6 L. The value has to be very high as approx 300 were made.

The looks of this mustang, are awesome. Ford and SVT haven't made something this kickass in the 90's or 2000's.

Yes, you turbo this. 5.0 Mustang had a Cobra R with a turbo on it. By my memory, the exhaust system was upgraded and a turbo was put in. I think every thing else was stock. But stock for a Cobra R isn't a good term to use. The Cobra R then put out 520 hp. Not bad!

Personally, I would have prefered they didn't use force induction to increase the power. They could have put a bigger engine, but it would have to stay a V-8, cause they can't break the history by changing it.

15. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

ok ppl yes u can turbo and super it so y is this conversation still going??????

16. Re: could you turbo this V8?????? or is it already?

i just want 2 no, why would u turo this, supercharge it and get more hp, no or not as much lag in turns, its a little cheaper, and a supercharge reacts instantaneously, b/c it works of the air, not exhaust, u need to work up rmp's for a turbo, u can turbo it but its stupid, put in a supercharger