fast little f*ckers

Discussion in '1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP' started by jamesgtp, Aug 10, 2002.

1. my mom bought won and i took it for a cruise, i killed my neighbours '88 300zx 'turbo', talk about an excuse for a car

2. Re: fast little f*ckers

excuse my spelling.... one*

3. Re: fast little f*ckers

they're damn qiuck almost as fast as my Mustang

4. Re: fast little f*ckers

I have one and all I did was remove the governer chip in the car and install an after market turbo chip and it topped out at 162mph.Then I put some koni adjustables on it and I put twin turbos instead of the stock super charger .Then I took a whole lot of un needed weight,such as insulation and crap and I added a ram air with a tunnel scoop. Now she runs 10.34 sec. at the 1/4 mile and tops out at 195 mph.

5. Re: fast little f*ckers

yah right

6. Re: fast little f*ckers

alright ass you can get your little ricer against me and I will kick y7our ass

7. Re: fast little f*ckers

Yea, Honda's do suck. I do kinda find your story a little hard to believe too, but whatever, Grand Prix's are still awesome.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: fast little f*ckers

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from oneofour104</i>
    <b>I have one and all I did was remove the governer chip in the car and install an after market turbo chip and it topped out at 162mph.Then I put some koni adjustables on it and I put twin turbos instead of the stock super charger .Then I took a whole lot of un needed weight,such as insulation and crap and I added a ram air with a tunnel scoop. Now she runs 10.34 sec. at the 1/4 mile and tops out at 195 mph.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hay if you don't mind can you tell me where you got the chip from and how much it cost.

9. Re: fast little f*ckers

hondas dont suck, and these cars are not fast, someone i know has one......trust me they aint fast

10. Re: Do all these have shift kits in them?

Actually they are very fast. It would kill a prelude and almost the whole honda lineup.

11. Re: fast little f*ckers

there is not chip for the grand prixs. you have to get you PCM reprogrmaed.
    And damn you must be the fastest grand prix out there, how come we never heard of you over on clubgp.com /rolleyes/

some peoples children

12. Re: fast little f*ckers

ok grand prix gtps are not ricers they have a 3.8 liter v6 how in the hell is that a ricer and hondas not when no honda has a larger engine<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: fast little f*ckers

Yeah, I like the idea behind this car. They are prettty quick, not the quickest, but quick.
    But I think the 300ZX would slaughter this thing, because I have seen that race, and it was a landslide win for the Z. And damn, I wanna see that time slip 104!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: fast little f*ckers

These things are fast. They also handle great. It looks great too. The heads up display is an amazing option. I love mine. Pic below.

15. Re: fast little f*ckers

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dodgeramvts</i>
    <b>These things are fast. They also handle great. It looks great too. The heads up display is an amazing option. I love mine. Pic below.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Man,your picture isn't uploading...<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: fast little f*ckers

honda preludes are the slowest 'sports cars' ive ever encountered on the road, hell the new accord sedans are probably faster than them

17. Re: fast little f*ckers

i have a Buick Regal GSE with the same motor, and it is faster stock because it is lighter! anyways i am doing 14.2 in the 1/4 mile right now. that is just with a PCM, Cold Air Intake and a 3.4 pully(and the u-bend removed)... and i have a GS with a 3.5 pully and SLP intake that does 14.5 1/4 mile but i like the car because it is faster then some mustangs and almost all NON-heavily modded hondas, and such. but it isnt as fast as old school cars and corvettes and stuff so it is a pretty fun car..... so fun i got 2!..... check my site!

18. Re: fast little f*ckers

deanh8
    if you read up on the cars like at intense racing or other websites the grand prix is a little faster. the buick is heavier making it a tad slower. i dont mean anything bad about your car. i actually like them..im just sayin

19. Re: fast little f*ckers

I have a quick question, my friend just bought a 2004 neon sxt in stick and he thinks his little 4 cyl can beat my 98 grand prix se with the 3.8L 195hp v6. I keep telling him that I'd win but he refuses to accept it, do you guys think he's right or am I?

20. Re: fast little f*ckers

OK. How old are you? If you do stuff to a honda I'll do stuff to this car and it will beat the honda. See the person you know he must have a GT or an SE.

21. Re: fast little f*ckers

ok so im replying to more than one post. first of all, the is no v8 gtp. i have never seen or heard of anyone even atempting to make a gtp twin turbo. (why use at gtp, you would want to use a GT. why buy a super charger if your not going to use it.) Im sick of people b/sing all over the boards. we come here to learn about GP's not to here about b/s stories about twin turbos and v8's when they dont exist!

now that i got that out of the way, the sxt neon and the grand prix SE in my mind would be close race. there both right around low 17's-high 16's in the quarter. I think the SE would win though, especialy if you guys are just messing around on the highway, cause that were h/p makes the difference and not so much torqe. The noen has alot les power but he also has alot less weight! but i still think you will win by a car length or so in the quarter even more so if he has an automatic trans.

The posted quarter mile time (15.2) for the GTP sounds right. my gtp ran 15.17 - 15.41 when i first got it.

As for the honda issue, they work on cars just like we do, sure they dont have the same hp, but they also weight about 1000 lbs less than us. Its not impossible for a honda to beat a gtp. Parts for a honda cost alot less than they do for GP's! there for they can do wice the amount of work. For all the kids just rolling around with the loud mufflers just for sound, yeah its stupid, but to a person who actully build the motor and all cool, go for it, see you at the track!

22. Re: fast little f*ckers

Ok first of all, Grand Prix SE is not a 3.8 L V6, its a 3.6, just like the GT and GTP. It also does not kick out 195 horse. The GT pushes 200, the SE is single exhaust, and only runs 160 horse. I think if you get a Grand Prix ya gotta at least go for the GT.

23. Re: fast little f*ckers

The SE is a 3.1, the GT is also a 3.8 like the GTP

24. Re: fast little f*ckers

Se is 3.1
    gt is 3.8
    gtp is 3.8 supercharged

Dang people do your research, before you try to talk the talk!

25. Re: fast little f*ckers

I knew that the GTP has a 3800 series II supercahrged in it I have one I think I would know.