Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

Discussion in '2001 Jaguar XJR' started by 11secdawg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. think about it, it has more luxury than any other car in it's class, amzing performance and the design to go with it.

2. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

The only thing this car doesn't have going for it is the automatic transmission. If this car can be found in a stick I'd like it more. Forget all the Krautkars, Jaguar blends looks, class, style, and performance all into one everytime they roll a car out of Coventry.

3. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

Your absolutely right. This thing would have the M5 kissing it's ass with a 6-Speed stick. But from owning this car I can honestly tell you that in sport mode the shift's are amazingly fast for an auto. I had a little "magic" done to my XJR by Arden of Germany. The car now has an output of about 450hp and does 0-60 in about 4.3. Trust me, there's nothing like standing next to a Porsche 911 on a red light. This guy obviously thought this was just another Jag, so he revved his engine and kept rollin forward. All I did was put a grin on my face and then, when the light hit green..... all that Porsche driver could do is face the fact the he just got smoked by a two ton luxury sedan. He wasn't even close to having a chance. The Xjr left the Porsche bging fo mercy. I'm sure it was quite a sight to see for the cars behind me. It's not every day that German sports cars get raped by British luxury sedans. Hahahaha.
    I love my Jag.

4. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

I don't think this would stand a chance against an M5. It's easy to get more performance out of it for cheap because you can just re-tune the supercharger, but the M5 has the best V8 in the world (save, perhaps, the 3.6L unit from the 360 Modena). If you truly believe that this piece of crap Ford could touch an M5 you're fooling yourself. J-Type shifter? Who needs it? Gimme a BMW Motorsports 6-speed any day and I'll waste your supercharged Lincoln on any track.

PS-Even though your tuned Jag seems to have pretty good stats, you would be put to shame if you went against a supercharged M5. There aren't many because no one wants to touch the engine, but they do exist and they are absolute beasts...0-60 in just shy of 4 seconds!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

You wanna talk Ford jackass??? I personally hate the S-Type and the X-Type because quite frankly they are Fords. But the XJ and the XK are both true Jaguars and there is nothing remotely close to a Ford about them. I've driven BMW all my life and the XJR is very close to BMW when it comes to Quality. After my XJR i'll never buy another Jaguar because you might as well buy a Ford. But for now when you're talkin XJR you better not mention Ford because Ford had nothing to do with it. THIS IS PURE JAGUAR. Every person that buys an XJR is hopefully smart enough to put another pound or two of pressure on the supercharger. (it's so simple) Because then, manual or not, the XJR kicks the living shit out of the M5, and it does it with style and grace that is only rivaled by a Bentley. Yeah I manula would be fun but I own a 550 Maranello that I can do that stuff with. In a luxury sedan all I want to do is be faster than everyone else in absolute comfort. To supercharge an M5 you would have to recalibrate the entire engine and transmission which would completely ruin the character of the car. I'm a tall guy at 6'6 and quite frankly I feel cramped in the M5. So I decided to spend some more cash and make my XJR an M5 killer. And trust me, no BMW has ever gotten past me and I don't think they ever will. One car that would easily make me give up the XJR is the M7 (if they make it). I love the new 7 series, it's the perfect luxury sedan.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

1 thing i never wanna see in this is a manual! this is not a sportscar! jaguar is a lux carmake just like mb.......and u don't see alot of manuals in big cars like bmw 7 or audi a8 or mb s500 or this! and ppl that say it needs a manual don't have the $$$$$$ 2 get 1!!!

7. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Emdec55</i>
    <b>1 thing i never wanna see in this is a manual! this is not a sportscar! jaguar is a lux carmake just like mb.......and u don't see alot of manuals in big cars like bmw 7 or audi a8 or mb s500 or this! and ppl that say it needs a manual don't have the $$$$$$ 2 get 1!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HAHAHAHA, I hope your quote wasn't meant for me. I didn't say it needs a manual, but EVERY car (aside from a limo) is more fun to drive and more interactive with a stick. I guess it would help to have open road to drive on as sticks in traffic jams do suck, but the benefits are greater than the costs.
    Not all sportscars have manuals, and not all manuals are sportscars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

Let's face it, manual or not if Jaguar wanted to they could easily get around 450hp out of the XJR and gain the title of fastest sedan in the world. The supercharger is not even remotely close to it's potential and Jaguar didn't even make any attemts to tune the engine itself and this car has 370hp. If Jaguar could join with Arden like Mercedes did with AMG there's no telling what kind of a monster the XJR would be. My Jaguar is what I like to call "lightly modified" and the M5 doesn't even come close to outperforming it.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secdawg</i>
    <b>Let's face it, manual or not if Jaguar wanted to they could easily get around 450hp out of the XJR and gain the title of fastest sedan in the world. The supercharger is not even remotely close to it's potential and Jaguar didn't even make any attemts to tune the engine itself and this car has 370hp. If Jaguar could join with Arden like Mercedes did with AMG there's no telling what kind of a monster the XJR would be. My Jaguar is what I like to call "lightly modified" and the M5 doesn't even come close to outperforming it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Absolutely. I hate people that think Jaguar's engineers are idiots. I think they are FAR from it. After looking up the specs on the jaguar website, I only wonder why Jaguar doesn't try to put this car out there on the market. Everyone knows about the M5, but not everyone knows about the XJR and it's capabilities. I can only imagine if Arden became more prevalent in Jaguar cars. Jaguar could easily compete with, excuse me, blow away that market.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

XJR is a great car, but the German rivals are better.
    Superior in the case of the M5 and E55.
    The M5 leaves the XJR for dead in a strait line.
    The E55 leaves the XJR for dead around corners, not to mention the fact the E55 is THE best Touring Salon.

11. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

arden s-type r destroyes the M5.
    a stock s-type r evenly matches the m5, off by just .3 seconds with an auto against an manual tranny
    the arden beats the m5 by .2 seconds in 0-60
    arden s-type r is 0-60 in 4.7
    the stock s-r has more hp and torque, despire having a smaller 4.2l engine compared to the 4.4l v8 in the m5.
    the s-type is also 9k cheaper as well
    so you can afford the arden upgrade, if you want to have an M5 killer
    the bmw competitor to the XJ, is the 7 series...
    with the new 2004 lighter XJ, it rips the 7 series apart at a cheaper price, and with more room, more power, more luxury etc etc..
    2004 xjr is set to be around 0-60 in 5 seconds with an auto
    the arden should be around 4.5, if not better

12. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

oh baby, this car rulz...
    i was gonna make a thread asking for that pick.
    this chromed body is..
    woaw

13. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

shutup
    all those other cars are so much better

14. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

one of these, in black, with balcked out windows, lowered onto 20inch alloys, tuned to 450bhp. The ultimate pimp mobile.
    3 words: I Want One!

15. Re: Forget S8, M5, and E55 this thing rules!!!!!!

it's not chromed!
    it's actually an unpained, but polished jaguar xj.
    0-60 in 5.0 seconds.
    guess what people, Jaguar beated the M5!