George W. Bush buys Lamborghini Aventador

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by F50Fanatic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. #1 F50Fanatic, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/01/04/george-w-bush-buys-lamborghini-aventador/

According to a member at Luxury4Play, former President George W. Bush purchased a shiny black Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador out of Houston. The member got the information from a reliable source, so it seems his Texan love for bull’s crossed over to Italian bulls.

Just a small recap. The Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador measures 4.78 meters long, 2.26 wide (including mirrors) and stands 1.14 meters tall. The engine is a new 6.5 liter V12, which weighs 235kg and delivers 700hp at 8,250rpm and 690Nm at 5,500rpm. The LP700-4 weighs just 1,575 kilograms (3,472lb) which means that the Aventador has a power to weight ratio of 2.25kg/hp or 4.96lb/hp.

2. cool photoshop

3. I just don't see that happening at all. Maybe renting one or something for a laugh, but he doesn't seem the type to own a car like that.

4. midlife crisis?

6. I don't care if he bought the coolest car ever he is still a dickhead

7. He bought it from blood money.

Edit: It sounds pretty BS anyways.

8. im sorry can you recap?

9. Looks like the same matte Aventador that Jay Leno drove a few months ago

10. this is a #%$got story

shut the hell up eveyrone

sorry

mods

11. Time to add him to celebrity death pool 2012.

12. lol he's way past "midlife". He's retirement age

13. fake story

14. Fake

Its not a "shiny black" Aventador, its matt #$%#ing black

16. what surprises me the most is that this is not a jalopnik article

17. Pretty obvious the owner of the dealership is trying to do a bit of viral marketing. It's also obviously fake.

19. Update: Luxury4Play.com & LOU LA VIE received a response back from the Office of Former President George W. Bush regarding the purchase of a Lamborghini Aventador. The email conversation – visible here – states the whole story is full of bull. The 43rd President of the United States did not buy an Aventador. Still Temerian told them he would be glad to rent Bush a Lamborghini if he wanted a test drive.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150455700990108&set=a.282799045107.156671.226003235107&type=1

20. The pixels, I see them.

21. former heads of state do not own supercars. it's pretty much a rule written down when you take the office.

22. I seem to recall that GW lives in Midland. No one who lives here would buy a car like that. It's an 8 hour drive to the nearest dealer and the roads aren't the type that make you yearn for european exotica.

23. If he really did buy this for himself, it makes you wonder what kind of supercar did he buy for his former first lady?

24. ban request: shitty new member

25. Yeah well, you were once a shitty new member to.