Honda confirms 'new NSX'

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by V8stangman, Sep 21, 2011.

1. word

2. helo friend please refine your links they are not working for anyone

3. #203 V8stangman, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Red Acura NSX Concept

First unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year, Acura then showcased its new NSX Concept at the Beijing Auto Show in a more dramatic shade of red.

While the show is long over, we just stumbled across these live shots of the red NSX on the Honda press site (which oddly never made the rounds online) and couldn’t resist sharing.

Exact details on the NSX aren’t yet known but it does use a mid-mounted 3.5-liter V6 engine and what Acura calls a Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system (similar to that in the new RLX), with electric motors in the front wheels.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/red-acura-nsx-concept-new-photos-from-beijing-auto-show.html

4. Communist red.

5. this has R8 wirtten all over it, not very original then.....

6. It has very r8 proportions, but I dont think thats a bad thing. The R8 is awesome, and so is this design.

7. #207 ShakilKhan300i, May 11, 2012
    bugatti veyron super sport vs formula 1

check the video

what are your thoughts?

8. Front looks like complete shit. Already sounds too damn heavy, and the 3.5 without boost is going to make it pig slow. This should be the new Prelude.

9. Well lets say it makes like 340 hp, plus some more from the electric motors putting out instantaneous power. Not to mention that makes the car AWD, so straight line speed should be pretty good.

10. "pick a letter other than n"sx would be better i think
    its not very nsxy
    nsx should be lean and simple and not hybrid and not 4wd and not super powerful

11. Werd.

Call it something else, not NSX. Stop cashing in on the glorified NSX name with Senna. This is just a bucket of American designed shit!

12. who are you the should not police?

13. the font is def fugly....the back is nice though.

14. Seriously, people, what does NSX stand for? Think about it. If it's just like the old NSX, then it isn't an "NSX"

15. #215 V8stangman, Jul 16, 2012
    Acura NSX Non-Hybrid Rumored

Unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year, the all-new Acura NSX isn’t just the flagship for the brand, it’s a technology showcase for new hybrid and all-wheel drive technologies. It comes as some surprise then to hear then that the Honda luxury division may be planning a non-hybrid version of the supercar.

Speaking with an individual involved in Honda’s motorsports efforts, AutoGuide has been informed that a conventional gasoline powered NSX may be under consideration – though perhaps only for racing. The reason behind the rumor is that Honda has confirmed it will take the NSX racing and that it wants to showcase the car in the best way possible.

Our source commented on possible competition in North America, highlighting the Grand Am series as one option. Currently, however, hybrids are not allowed to race in the series except in the newly created GX class for experimental technologies. While that would seem fitting, we’re told Honda (understandably) has no interest in competing at that level, alongside Mazda’s new diesel effort, which is believed to be based on the upcoming 2014 Mazda6. Honda is eager to showcase the NSX as a genuine competitor to the likes of the Porsche 911 and Audi R8, rather than being lumped in with a family sedan.

Asked if the NSX race car will in fact be a hybrid, Acura PR manager Gary Robinson said that while, “we do intend to race the new NSX… it is much too early to discuss where or what the specifications might be.” Robinson did, however, rather decisively shoot down the rumor, commenting that, “You can expect that any plans we make will be consistent with the concept and purpose of the car.”

While he didn’t comment on US racing initiatives, he did make it clear that Honda plans to prepare the new NSX for competition in the Japanese Super GT Series. “Under the current Super GT regulations, a hybrid AWD wouldn’t be allowed,” he said, but much like the Grand Am or even ALMS series, “future regulations are not known.”

Expect Honda to lobby series such as Grand Am to allow for hybrids to compete alongside conventional sports cars in the coming years.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/07/acura-nsx-non-hybrid-rumored.html#more-143602

16. whoa maan, totally out theree

17. #217 V8stangman, Oct 22, 2012
    Honda exec confirms that the production version of the NSX supercar will be unveiled at Detroit

The full production version of the Honda NSX supercar will make its world debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January, Auto Express has learned.

A top exec for Honda Brazil told us at the Sao Paulo Motor Show, that the ‘real’ NSX will be shown in Detroit after the show car has finished its duties here in Sao Paulo and then at the Tokyo show in November. Our source also revealed that the styling will remain ‘identical’ to the model you can see here on the show stand.

Initially badged as an Acura – Honda’s luxury American brand – the NSX will wear a Honda badge on its nose when it goes on sale in the UK later in 2013.

Details of the powertrain are yet to be confirmed, but it will use a version of the SH-AWD system. Expect a 3.5-litre petrol V6 driving the rear wheels, plus two electric motors, producing a total of 400bhp.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/60901/honda-nsx-detroit

18. not often is the question "is 400hp enough?" asked, but I feel it's appropriate now.

19. shut up

20. first gen NSX also had a power deficit vs its competitors, it was still a much better car

21. not enough to merge on the freeway

22. i like it.

the understated supercar if it looks like that. I love how understated it is. 450 would be a good number.

24. it looked better than pretty much anything
    this does not

still love seeing an NSX every now and then, moreso than the 'supercars' I see more regularly

25. Man NSXs are so rare. There's only about 300 on the road in the UK - I haven't seen one for a good few years. I couldn't tell you where I last saw one.