Honda elise sucks

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by Heyman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gurra</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SPHZ</i>
    <b>I think its a really good comparison.... considering how much domestic people bash the type R and its motor...... this proves a point that needed to be put into hard numbers a long time ago. The stang also has MEGA upgraded brakes.... what do you think Brembo brakes are? Factory Ford?... I dont think so</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good comparison? Haha. This is basically engine vs. engine, because you can't just drop an engine in a light frame and call it a car. The type R is not a good car for its price, to get any power out of it you have to turbocharge it. And yes, this car is factory ford. Made in the same factory as the GTs.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How dumb are you? The Type R doesn't put out any power? It's only a 1,8 liter! Imagine Honda making a Type R engine with the same displacement as the Cobra. Wow!! That would really KICK ARSE!!!

I'm not sure about calling the Cobra R stock. They have taken a stock Mustang and sent it to their inhouse TUNER SVT. And Hoseman Brembo is NOT factory Ford, it's the best brakes in the world though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Umm. WRONG. The SVT Cobra is a STOCK car. It is stock, meaning, it is made in a Ford plant with Ford employees who's salaries are payed by Ford, with Ford parts alongside mustang GTs. SVT and SVE are divisions of Ford. What don't you idiots get. SVT=Ford.

Yes the brakes aren't made by Ford, but no company has all their parts made by them. If you seriously think that then don't even bother responding. It's not like they took a whole engine and put it in the car. For the honda lotus, they just took any engine with output and putting it in a super light chassis, not very hard at all. If they actually wanted performance, look at the shelby cobra's. Little lightweight cars with a ford 427 in them. That is done correctly.

2. Re: another domestic crap

Why does everyone always have to compare American Muscle to Japanese Tech? The Sun International is a Special Built Performance car, the Mustang Cobra R IS a production car. They do cost about the same but perform quite differently. Even Sportcompact Mag said that the test didn't make sense but they did just for the hell of it. So to put my two cents in I'll say yeah the Lotus out performed the Mustang in every test minus the dyno but this is one of the best mustangs Ford has made yet. But for me I'll take my B18C5 in the lotus.<!-- Signature -->

3. another domestic crap

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: another domestic crap

dam, dont u do a great job supporting your arguments!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TPANCe 516</i>
    <b>dam, dont u do a great job supporting your arguments!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahah i agree funny people these ones..well i guess they're pissed off and jealous<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: another domestic crap

I agree with TDANCe too, were is he?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: another domestic crap

thats why theres a erasers on pencils, theres also edit buttons on this forums too,
    Apologies Accepted, many people Spell my name wroung, but somehow they always wind up capitalising the whole word besides the E , like it should be but missing out on correct spelling!
    ie..
    TDANCe
    TRANCe-he got close!
    TANCe
    TSHIRTe
    TANCe
    It happens with my Real name to, they always missspell it,yet its soo simple, 4 letters!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: another domestic crap

Cheers!! Lets have a party. hehehe

............noo<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: another domestic crap

yes, its a pleasure to joke with me too
    Iam leaving to paris tomorrow, wont come back for some time<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: another domestic crap

FIND EUROPEAN CAR THAT WILL TURN 4.4 O-60 AND .99 G'S FOR THAT MONEY
    YOU JADED SNOBB.

11. Re: another domestic crap

Does Crap have a V8 Engine 385 horse power?<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: another domestic crap

ohhhhhhhhhhh Nice comback GT~

13. Re: another domestic crap

is that tdance or whatever the hell his name is gay not that he is right but he sounds kind of queer.

14. #14 Gurra, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rauski</i>
    <b>FIND EUROPEAN CAR THAT WILL TURN 4.4 O-60 AND .99 G'S FOR THAT MONEY
    YOU JADED SNOBB.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/features/feature02_0502.shtml

Read this article and weep! A European car that cost as much as this piece of shit! And the Elise beat the Cobra at EVERYTHING!!!!

Here in Europe you could also get a TVR, which is quicker than the Cobra.

There you go!

15. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ilovefastcars</i>
    <b>is that tdance or whatever the hell his name is gay not that he is right but he sounds kind of queer.

its tpance
    If i knew who u are.....were u lived...u would be dead yesterday....
    Tpance is a type of music i made.... NEeDel is the DJ
    Respect ur elders jackass...U deserve to die u #%$got..all of them do<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: another domestic crap

ooohh i am scared #%$got twhat ever the hell your name is

17. #17 boosted302, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gurra</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rauski</i>
    <b>FIND EUROPEAN CAR THAT WILL TURN 4.4 O-60 AND .99 G'S FOR THAT MONEY
    YOU JADED SNOBB.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/features/feature02_0502.shtml

Read this article and weep! A European car that cost as much as this piece of shit! And the Elise beat the Cobra at EVERYTHING!!!!

Here in Europe you could also get a TVR, which is quicker than the Cobra.

There you go!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wow, comparing a tuner car with an engine from a type-R, mega-upgraded braking, and with a bad cooling system that can't be drivin on the street to a car that came out of the factory. Good comparison!

18. Re: another domestic crap

I think its a really good comparison.... considering how much domestic people bash the type R and its motor...... this proves a point that needed to be put into hard numbers a long time ago. The stang also has MEGA upgraded brakes.... what do you think Brembo brakes are? Factory Ford?... I dont think so<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SPHZ</i>
    <b>I think its a really good comparison.... considering how much domestic people bash the type R and its motor...... this proves a point that needed to be put into hard numbers a long time ago. The stang also has MEGA upgraded brakes.... what do you think Brembo brakes are? Factory Ford?... I dont think so</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good comparison? Haha. This is basically engine vs. engine, because you can't just drop an engine in a light frame and call it a car. The type R is not a good car for its price, to get any power out of it you have to turbocharge it. And yes, this car is factory ford. Made in the same factory as the GTs.

20. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SPHZ</i>

Good comparison? Haha. This is basically engine vs. engine, because you can't just drop an engine in a light frame and call it a car. The type R is not a good car for its price, to get any power out of it you have to turbocharge it. And yes, this car is factory ford. Made in the same factory as the GTs.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How dumb are you? The Type R doesn't put out any power? It's only a 1,8 liter! Imagine Honda making a Type R engine with the same displacement as the Cobra. Wow!! That would really KICK ARSE!!!

I'm not sure about calling the Cobra R stock. They have taken a stock Mustang and sent it to their inhouse TUNER SVT. And Hoseman Brembo is NOT factory Ford, it's the best brakes in the world though.

21. Re: another domestic crap

It's too bad the elise doesnt pass any of the crash test because its a sick car. But aside from that the car they compared was a tuner car, so its unfair. I could probably make a one off car with 50 grand that would kit both those cars @ss's, i wouldnt look good but it would be mine. and don't hate domestics cause there are a good few of them that cost less then your imports and can still kick your ass a few times over.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>hum hum!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wow, you really got me there!

23. Re: another domestic crap

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SPHZ</i>

This si prooving nothing for the Type-R engine. It was dropped into oner of the world's lightest car chassis, so ofcourse its gonna be fast, it has almost no wheight to pull. Drop the Integra engine into a 3500lb chassis. Lets see how well it burns then. Chances are you'll be running 11 - 14 secs in the 0-60.