How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

Discussion in '2002 Porsche 911 GT2' started by CarreraGtRacer, May 7, 2003.

1. it says 12 seconds but I think its quicker than that...

2. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

i think 12 sec is even a bit to fast. Look at whet a mclaren f1 does 11,7 (and that's a bit to slow)

3. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

I think its quicker than 12 and McLaren is quicker than 11.7

4. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

Official 1/4 mile time for the 996 GT2 is 11.8 sec. Yes it is. No I didn't make it up. check out Road & Track.

L8R

5. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

i did check out R&T and its 11.9@120.6 mph

6. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

yo acuerdo contigo!

7. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

How does the gt2 run an 11.9sec 1/4 mile with only 456hp? that is amazing.Mclaren runs 11.0 at 130mph.

8. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

porsche is a beter car for jumping off the line with the engine weight right on the rear, McLaren has no traction control so it will be awkward to get off the line.

9. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

Yeah good thinking there. Never thought of that initially.

10. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

Huh?

11. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

I'm so tired of this! You hear it all the time, "Oooh! How can this car go so fast in the 1/4 mile? Its only got 500 hp." The power(hp) makes the car go high topspeed, the torque(Nm) makes the car move. And you can built a car to go fast at the 1/4 mile or the recetrack or to have a good topspeed and the Mac isnt built for fast trips on the quarter and the grip is also very important, the tires that the GT2 has is more allround than the Mac's and we should remember that the GT2 is 10 years younger.

12. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

This isn't totally true. Formula 1 cars don't have alot of Torque and those things are like lightning off the line. It's not just about the car having alot of Torque, it's how it is spread through the Rev range. If all the Torque is up high that ain't gonna help you get off the line.

13. Re: How Fast is the 1/4 Mile???

car and driver got the turbo to do a 3.9 0-60 and 11.9 1/4 mile...they got the gt2 at 3.6 0-60 and 11.5 1/4 mile...ok maybe it wasnt car and driver but it was one of my mags...