i love this car

Discussion in '1995 HSV VS GTS-R' started by iampunani, Aug 9, 2002.

1. simply sensational

2. Re: i love this car

it's not a f**cking taxi with a spoiler you gimp with the other forum

3. Re: i love this car

Take orf the useless and rearvision spoiling 'wing', get rid off the ground scraping front, well thing, and re-do the interior and exterior colours in something a little more practicle and get rid off the heavy, slow and badly geared T-56 4 speeder (with 2 overdrives) and you MIGHT just have something worth driving.

Then again you could just buy a Ford and be done with it.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: i love this car

The body work doesn't suit the car. Looks like its been tacked on.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: i love this car

I like everything on this car except for the 3 spoke wheels, as well as the fact they are black and that huge spoiler on the boot...a more discreet one like on a normal clubsport would look better.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: i love this car

this car aint shit, a little unfined but still a bloody nice car

7. Re: i love this car

Looks a thousand times better than any Ford i've ever seen.

I'd rather die than own a Ford and proclaim it to be better than a Holden. Because i'd be too deep in ignorance to enjoy anything real.

HSV - I Just Want One

8. Re: i love this car

it looks like shit. nuff said

9. Re: i love this car

Indeed...<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: i love this car

i have to say that the barra kicks ass and holden is seriously going downhill!!!

gtir's rule!!! :p

11. Re: i love this car

what do you say about that now seeing as wheels says that the XR6T is quicker than the SS??? and motor says a better all aroudn car. still going to be deep in ignorance, that you'll buy a worse and more expensive car, so that you're not ignorant. thankyou

12. Re: i love this car

what do you say about that now seeing as wheels says that the XR6T is quicker than the SS??? and motor says a better all aroudn car. still going to be deep in ignorance, that you'll buy a worse and more expensive car, so that you're not ignorant. thankyou

ahhh how times have changed. the comment was made before the BA falcon, thus making it impossible to draw a link between the comment and the BA falcon.

the XR6 has more power than the SS because it is heavier. around 200kgs heavier. the SS has more torque though.
    the XR performance models compete directly with HSV clubsports as nobody bought the tickford models. this leaves the SS in the middle of performance and normal, as the SS does not receive performance enhancers and parts like the XR models do.

the fact is that ford are playing catchup, and this is seen in the introduction of FPV, which is to compete with HSV in the years to come. Ford are trying to model themselves on Holden, its evident even in the styling of the BA falcon, and the way in which the bodykits enhance the cars features. aesthetically though, Holden are still ahead, performance wise, ford are ahead only because they are competing with HSV. It's a different market. I'm sure you're educated enough to see the difference. however, HSV are ahead of ford, but who knows where FPV will lie?

also i can not stress enough the importance of not believing everything you read. think for yourself too. journos are biased like everybody else in the world, remember that. the only thing that matters are the facts, and when you look at those facts, take into the account the target market, and direct competition.

Peace!

HSV - I Just Want One

13. Re: i love this car

P.S i dont know how to create quotes from other postings

if someone could please tell me how it would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers!

14. Re: i love this car

But there th only differences between this and a normal VS GTS, not to mention the yello paitjob.

15. Re: i love this car

You could get the blueprinted engine as an option though on this car, like 10 grand extra for 10kw more or something.

16. Re: i love this car

The XR's were always about $10 000 cheaper than the HSV's.

Was it just that the XR's were always better than the SS so they went up the price range to find comporable cars? Maybe, that's what the journo's always said...

"Ford are trying to model themselves on Holden, its evident even in the styling of the BA falcon" - eh? The styling is very different mate, Ford openly admitted to using the Audi A6 as a styling influence (aided no dobt by the fact that the bloke responsible for styling the BA also stlyed the Audi A6....)"

"and the way in which the bodykits enhance the cars features." - what?

"aesthetically though, Holden are still ahead," entirely objectional, but fact is most people are openly panning the look of the VY and applauding the BA, read the last few months of Motor and Wheels for proof.

"performance wise, ford are ahead only because they are competing with HSV." Uh no, peformance of what? You are far to general in your comments, the XR6 turbo for example compets with the Holden SS, the XR8 also. What an utterly bizzare and non-senseicle thing to say.

"I'm sure you're educated enough to see the difference." what difference?, market difference? IT's the same market dip shit!

"however, HSV are ahead of ford, but who knows where FPV will lie?" in what regard? Performance? Read any comparo between an FTE product and it's equivilent HSV and the Ford was always the better performance car, wheels, motor, street machine, everywhere. (Performance isn't standing start acceleration, it's driving, they're cars mate not trams, they do turn corners).

Fact is you are biased towards General Motors Holden and Tom Walkingshaw Australia products and have not at all thought through what you have said.

17. Re: i love this car

This is truely a cool car , it looks #$%#en great and I remember when it first came out it was like the wildest thing out ...the picture on this site doesn't do any justice to the car.

18. Re: i love this car

That still shouldnt make it any better..

19. Re: i love this car

Well if it has 10kw more that obviously does make it a little bit better.