i read an article about an SVT focus

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus RS WRC' started by dirtbag, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

a focus that hauls ass. this car may go places<!-- Signature -->

2. i really dont like focuses at all but the new SVT focuses topspeed is 2 MPH slower than the mustang GT i really dont like the idea of a supercharger on a stock car but wow it is a fast little devil

3. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

how much power, and where did you read this thing. i would like to know abit more. thnx

4. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

i read an article in hotrod magazine or carcraft i think i also read about a SVT cobra mustang which i really dislike a supercharger on a former musclecar but one positive is that it has a 6 speed

5. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

The SVT doesn't have a supercharger on it. The SVT version produces 170 HP. I know that there is also a Cosworth version, but I don't know anything about it.

6. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

I read something about it too, but it looked alot more like some riceboy souped up, pimped out focus than anything else, as soon as I get home, I'll try and post specific infos.

It was talking about an SVT Focus beeing mass-produced by Ford equipped with a Turbocharger, + (here comes the pimp part) one of 'em huge sound system with chrome interior (pedals, knob) and a new exhaust system.

7. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

sorry it is a turbo i really dont like the car but i just think its halarious that its topspeed is only 2mph slower than the mustang i dont no about acceleration though somebody if u know more about it post it

8. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

if its the same ove the cosworth is building, than it will have 250hp and it will be probably faster than the suburo and if its the allwheel drive this thing will kill anything. it has been tested in europe and said to be the most superior compact car.

9. #9 FoVeUrBeN, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

Ok, found the magazine in my things, here's the full list of features for the Ford Focus SVT:

Ford Focus ZX3 2002
    - KW Struts
    - 17" rims
    - BridgeStone Potenza S02 Tyres
    - "Stylized" Headlights
    - Circular tailights
    - Bodykit (front & back & sides)
    - Sparco Seats
    - Carbon for the dash
    - Chrome for handbrake & knob & pedals
    - Sony sound system, CD & mp3 player
    - 760 watt Sony Xplod in the trunk
    - Headers on the ZETEC
    - Rewired with higher-quality material
    - Front Reinforcement Rod changed
    - New chip to exceed manufacturer redline
    - New exhaust system (brand unspecified).

And that's about it, what was usually worth in canada about 17k$ is now worth 27k$.

And they say in the magazine that more details are available at:
    http://www.focustuning.com

10. Re: i read an article about an SVT focus

and the looks is even better, hell this could change some things for ford, and its image.