is the engine blown?

Discussion in '2003 Maybach 62' started by mpg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. That's a ton of torque and it's "only" a 5.5.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: is the engine blown?

The engine is has two turbo chargers.

3. Re: is the engine blown?

lol

4. Re: is the engine blown?

wukku wakka wu...wukka wakku wu

5. Re: is the engine blown?

Do people not read the presented information?

6. Re: is the engine blown?

No, they never do...

7. Re: is the engine blown?

Pretty good performance really, for a 2.9 tonne car...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: is the engine blown?

From just a 5.5 litre engine it produces more torque than Bentley can muster. Mercedes are known for torque too.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: is the engine blown?

Thats becasue Bently's 6.75 engine is hopelessly out of date.

10. Re: is the engine blown?

the new Bentley GT coupe makes over 700 ft-lbs with a blown W12. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: is the engine blown?

Whatever, 900nm is more than enough.

12. Re: is the engine blown?

Yeah. I don't think you're gonna need the biggest torque ratings for this type of car anyway. It is clearly a luxury vehicle and not a dragster. People seating in this car would spill out their cognac all over the upholstery if you had any more torque. I'm sure if Mercedes listened to some of the people who are narrow minded with power, mercedes would have put out a torque monster long time ago, but clearly they are not interested.

13. Re: is the engine blown?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HotBoxer</i>
    <b>the new Bentley GT coupe makes over 700 ft-lbs with a blown W12. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Bentley W12 is not the 6.75 litre V8 that is so hopelessly out of date.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: is the engine blown?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HotBoxer</i>
    <b>the new Bentley GT coupe makes over 700 ft-lbs with a blown W12. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Bentley W12 is not the 6.75 litre V8 that is so hopelessly out of date.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: is the engine blown?

this is sick for a big car like this...its got great acceleration even though it will never probably be used unless the driver drops off his boss and goes for a little joy ride

16. Re: is the engine blown?

I would love to take this car for that boot.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: is the engine blown?

Serreal...it's VW that developed the W12, not Bently. Bently in one of VW's sub-divisions...Damn that VW company..<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: is the engine blown?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Serreal</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HotBoxer</i>

The Bentley W12 is not the 6.75 litre V8 that is so hopelessly out of date.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I never said it was<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: is the engine blown?

Actually, the bentleys W12 in the GT, only makes about 490 lb/ft or torque, but that comes at under, 2000 rpms, 1600 to be exact, which is lower then any other engine on the road, except maybe for a diesel.

20. Re: is the engine blown?

Ive been in the new BRABUS maybach which is 500,000£ (700,000 euros) at teh geneva motorshow last week, thats is incredible, this one loks rather vulgar by comparison

that has teh 6.3 litre v12 twin turbo and 640bhp
    its limited to 180mph!!