IT CAN COMPETE!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro 302 Concept' started by CHEVY ALL THE WAY, Aug 9, 2002.

1. SO KNUCKLES YOUR SAYING THAT THIS CAMARO CANT COMPETE WHEN IT CAN HIT FROM 0-60 IN 2.3 SECONDS. C'MON MAN YOU MUST BE PRETTY STUPID TO SAY THAT. AND IF TRY TO SAY THAT I DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS CAR - YOUR WRONG . I KNOW THIS GUY HE GOES DOWN TO SOME PLACE I WENT TO YESTERDAY HE WAS TELLING ALL THESE STORYS AND WHY IT IS IN THE SHOP. ONE REASON IS THAT AT EVERY CORNER HE WOULD BE PEELIN OUT. HE TOLD ME THAT ITS PUTTIN OUT 785 HORSES AT THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS THAT THE ENGINE IS PUTTIN OUT ABOUT 800 HORSE POWER. THATS A WHOLE LOT OF HORSES AINT IT!!. BELIEVE ME KNUCKLES IT CAN COMPETE WITH WHOS EVER
    MUSTANG YOU MENTIONED. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: IT CAN COMPETE!!!!!

I agree. mustang, all around sucks

3. Re: IT CAN COMPETE!!!!!

I have the specs from Motor Trend and they are...

2000 Camaro 302 Z28
    Engine - 5.0L V-8 OHV, EFI
    HP@rpm - 434 @ 6800
    Torque - 393 @ 5000
    Curb Weight - 3530 lbs.
    0-60 - 4.6 sec.
    Quarter - 12.82 @ 115.3

They quote, "Honoring the original Z/28, GM's latest toy has a destroked LS1 V-8 showered with aftermarket parts and plenty of attitude. The modern 302 cranks out a tire shattering 378 hp at a sky-high 7000 revs.

You friend may be exaggerating on that story just a bit? This is one bad car though.

4. Re: IT CAN COMPETE!!!!!

Your an IDIOT!!!!!!