King of the Ugly:Performance ratio

Discussion in '1993 Mosler Raptor' started by Ford_IsTrash8, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Wow! Hideous! But insanely fast! what's your take on it?

2. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

I dont think it looks that bad. I honestly dont see what you have against it. I would take one. How often can you say that you have a car that was undefeated?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bossman</i>
    <b>I dont think it looks that bad. I honestly dont see what you have against it. I would take one. How often can you say that you have a car that was undefeated?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I am undefeated in single melee combat.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

I've seen this car and it is UGLY!! Especially sitting next to the MT900. It was built in 93' and was fast for the time. Considering that the engine the times aren't bad.

5. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

it has character though<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

I have a lot of respect for Mosler. As an engineer, I sympathize with his design decisions. However, as I do not compete in any auto racing, I wouldn't come so close as to remotely consider buying such an aesthetically displeasing car such as this.

7. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

well then, your original, is it just me or is that everyone elses point being repeated, AGAIN

8. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

guys u must understand sumthin...i made up the quote "you cannot judge a car by a picture on this website. the true beauty is seeing it in person. no supercar is ugly in real life."

9. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

im not, im judging it by its HP/weight ratio. absolutely nothing to marvel at here. undefeated where? u can go faster on a track for cheaper.

10. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

The Raptor here, has never been beaten in the Car and Driver One Lap of America race. Then they changed the rules, to ban the Raptor from entering.

The Consulier's also have an impressive track record, not to mention the $100,000 challange. Mosler challanged anyone to bring a stock sportscar to the track, to race against a stock Consulier, and and he would write a check for $100,000 to the owner of the car with the fastest lap. Lamborghini's, Porsche's, Ferrari's, and Vette's showed up...and Mr. Mosler left without writting a check to anyone, since his Consulier had the fastest lap time.

11. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

yeah, ive never said "yuck: and "wow" at the same time... probably sounded like "wouck" or "yow"

12. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

This car is ugly but fast.

13. Re: King of the Ugly:performance ratio

It gets a high rank, but it's beaten by the '77 Panther Six