Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Discussion in '2002 Lexus SC430 Pace Car' started by ILikeCars, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Whats the mercedes that looks like this?

2. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Lexus might be copying Merc. But who cars, as long as the cars are sweet I could care less who coping who. Oh, and Fordguy, wouldent it be cool to like a car componie that makes cars that last longer than three years.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

The merc looks distinclty different from the back, those uniqe tail lights and the tail looks more poised to attack on the merc.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Exactly what angle are you people are looking at that makes you think this car resembles a Mercedes? I can't see the Mercedes in this Lexus. The front looks like a Lexus. The rear looks like a Lexus. Side view, well, Lexus... I hate to tell you this but this is a Lexus original. No car looks like it! Period! So, from now on, anything that looks like this car is copying Lexus.

I have to admit that some Lexus DOES tend to look like a Mercedes like the GS430's Headlights and the profile of the old LS400. The rest of the Lexus line up are all original.

5. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

this car resembles TT.

6. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTRules</i>
    <b>this car resembles TT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hmm, this car may not look quite like a Merc, but it mighty sure doesn't look like a TT. I can't see a thing in the design of this roadster that resembles anything on the TT.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

I don't thik that this car looks like a Mercedes but that is just what I think.<!-- Signature -->

8. This is practically the new mercedes with a different paint job.

9. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

hey ford guy, not everything that looks good is made by the same designer. No. It is just not American.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

It's just that Lexus keeps copying Meredes design, just look at the LS430, looks like the old Mercedes Benz S-Class........<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Ford Guy, you just said that this Lexus (which has been out) looks like the new Mercedes .... think of anything yet? shouldn't that tell you who WOULD be copying off of who if the cars even did look alike. The cars are both beautiful cars, but the Benz looks a lot nicer, however the Lexus isn't too far behind. Lexus or Benz? duh, ofcourse Benz. Stop complaining about cars looking like other cars, cause far too many cars resemble other cars, and even if a car did resemble another car, WHO CARES? if you don't like it, don't buy it<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

umm dont you guys still see that Toyota is copying other designs all the time. (and lexus=toyota.. IF for some reason you dont know that either)<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kondyo</i>
    <b>hey ford guy, not everything that looks good is made by the same designer. No. It is just not American.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What the F*** difference does being american or not make?

14. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Yes you stupid didn't you know that FUCKING LEXUS copies MERCEDES

15. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Of course rs4man. Who the f**k posted this stupid topic ???<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

ARE YOU ALL MORONS???? LEXUS IS OWNED BY TOYOTA!!! WHY DO YOU THINK THAT A CAMRY LOOKS LIKE THE ES 300? WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LEARN SOMETHING BEFORE YOU VOICE YOUR OPINION!

17. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

Do you think Mercedes would let Lexus(A Fancy Ass, High Dollar Toyota)go ahead and copy a design? I don't think so. There would be all kinds of law suits and shit if they did, so ether they sold the designs to them or they have a partial ownership into eachothers company that allows them to copy the designs. And another thing, THINK BEFORE YOU MORONS SPEEK!!!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

DriveEuro is an idiot. Who was ever arguing about Toyota looking like Lexus? They said Lexus, which is essentially an overpriced Toyota, is copying their styling off MERCEDES. No one said anything about Toyota copying Lexus, cuz that would just be damn stupid. So you, sir, should pay attention to what you're reading before you jump to conclusions and voice YOUR opinion.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

YOUR ALL STUPID,

This looks nothing like anything else in the world. It's a one of a kind SC430 with all aluminum V8.

just kiding, i just wanted to kno what it was like to write like a low level iq, TV show quoting moron, of course it looks like a merc and why the hell not mercs are good looking cars, stealing idea isn't wrong look at the older pontiac grill knock off of bmw kidney grill, Honda 5th gen civc rear tailight knock offs of mercs S class and c class, everyone practically stole the dual circle headlights from early porsche, it's happend b4 and it'll happen again live and let die.
    why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Lexus? Mercedes? Same Designer?

This is a bit strange. I agree that Lexus has some bits that look identical to a Merc, but Merc don't do anything about it (Not that I'd care though!) But when GM makes a grill for the H2 Humvee that looks "a bit" like a Jeep's, Chrysler cries foul!! <!-- Signature -->