Live up to the legend?????

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by GoatBoy389, Oct 2, 2003.

1. #1 GoatBoy389, Oct 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Do you think this car lives up to the legendary GTO? Does it carry on the legacy?

I think so... the only problem I have with the new GTO, is they are releasing it in the pony car class... which the GTO was not when it first came out in 1964. But other than that... I think it's great. Check out more at www.pontiac.com (read the release about the new exhaust system) the designers went all out in trying to hold some of the historical attributes of the GTO in this new classic.

But anyways... I would like to hear your opinions on the matter.

2. Re: Live up to the legend?????

i think it will live up to the legend. It was always going to have opposition from traditionalists when it was named the gto but when they drive it hopefull they will realise it is a very nice car, and a great muscle car like the original.

In australia these were (by public demand) named after our muscle car legend from the 60's, the monaro and they were a succes despite having a reputation to live up to that was as big as the gto

3. Re: Live up to the legend?????

I agree, I am a GTO fan at heart... there is no other car like it... and I am glad to have this car bare the GTO name.