look at this , its shit

Discussion in '1984 Nissan 300ZX' started by 300ZXmaniak, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 300ZX

well ofcouse a TT is faster but not a N/A I've beaten a couple already...and beat one on the track aswell.....as for your TT 680hp sounds sweet...I don't think I'd come down and race that unless I could get my friends 900hp firebird (but it does exactly handle that well but does the 1/4 mile in the 9's actually I think he just got it in the high 8's)

2. Re: 300ZX

This is exactly the reason many new Mustangs owners suck. A lot of them anyway, they have the guts to go around trash talking about cars they know nothing about. Look at 94Stang5L, what kind of dumbass is he, look at his ridiculous posts, and thats the main reason I can't stand owners of new stangs. The only stang owners with my respect are the owners of the older classic Mach's or Shelby's, or the new Cobra R. Funny thing is that 94Stand5L can talk a lot of crap about other cars, yet he has done nothing to his car. yeah, you can brag all you want about the cobra R, but you don't own one, and the fact is ur crap 94 GT, doesn't stand a chance against a 1990 300ZX TT, which can be bought now for $10,000. If u want to brag about the Cobra R, i'll just bring the GT-R R34 Spec V into the picture and blow ur a$$ out of the water. Oh, yeah, u ever driven a 4.5L Q45 V8 (1990-1996 or 2002). The 1990-1996 put out 278 HP and 292 lb-ft of torque, the 2002 puts out 340 HP and 333 lb-ft. of torque. And thats a luxury car, so don't say that the Japanese can't make damn good V8's. In a light sports car, that would fly. Also, if as some rumors say, Nissan does bring the Skyline to America, rumors say it may have a 4.5L V8 (based on same motor as new Q45) pushing out 400HP. Granted that will probably come here with 4 wheel super hicas steering, all wheel drive and all those goodies too. The new stangs (cheap ones) are all watered down, and brag all you want about Cobra's, but do you own one??? i didn't think so. I only have respect for the classic stangs and the new truly modded ones(Cobra, Rousch, Saleen), not just the kids who think their stock (90-01) stangs(94stang5L) can smoke anything else on the road. Respect other peoples cars and they may respect yours. <!-- Signature -->

3. Y must we always argue?

K I thought I had this arguement down to the point were it was a basic prefrance choice? because really thats all it's about some us might not agree with motor trend or C&D it's all in if the car meets your driving style, isn't it? correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I am<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 300ZX

look at my last post I said the TT would beat my car that's obvious....but this is the N/A forum and I said I can beat that cause I have before.......and how would you know If I've done anything too my car cause It's in the process of becoming a saleen I just have to wait to get a supercharger......

5. Re: 300ZX

HEY stang boy...you're dumb. You dont even have the best american car. An Ls1 or Lt1 even would whoop you. A stang has turned into a family sedan missing 2 doors. My brother has a Rx7 turbo 2 and stock it can beat your lil stang with less than 200 hp. I'd like to see ya go into a Chevy or Pontiac forum and see whats up then.

6. Re: 300ZX

I dont have a z yet but im lookin. Will someone give me an idea about insurance. And is an NA unacceptable?

7. Re: 300ZX

what are you talking about can't afford them I had the money for a Z and didn't buy one cause there is way better cars for the money.....and I never said I ahd the best american car....the Ford Gt 40 is the best american car and the best car ever......haha can't afford one buddy I was going to buy a BMW which is better then both are cars.....but insurance was insane

8. Re: 300ZX

Cycreek the N/A rocks Ive beaten 5.0's with their flow master straight pips. Ive Pulled 95+ GT on the free way and left them off the line and flat out. On the open freeway Ive even had the liberty of beating a 99GT in a 5 mile run stock the governor will slow them down in their 4 and 5 gear transistion if they are manual and heh if their auto well its a nice try. My insurance is 109 for full coverage on my N/A and 120 with my TT plus I get a multi car discount from statefarms. But they have the best rate aroudn for full coverage and thats with a $100 com/collition deduct plus 80 towing and rental plus uninsured motorist for 20/40 goto statefarms.com and do a qute you will see its not so bad now the 2+2 is cheaper than all of them on insurance. Plus with a simple engine swap a 2+2 can be a 2+2TT.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: 300ZX

whats up, new here just got a 90 N/A 300. Does anyone know if a TT engine will drop in to replace the N/A?
    And if anyone knows a good place online to buy an Invader body kit for it I would appreciate that info as well.

10. Re: 300ZX

Hey are they really 7.1 to 60mph in 1990, i really want a 300z they look great, but i want to move up form what i have, right now i have a 89 350Iroc camaro and its about 5.9 to 60 with the stuff im done to it can you give me some adivce as to which year z is the best for my money, or if theres another car that may be better suited, for under 16K. thanks.

11. #86 Harada, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. Re: 300ZX

No problem, also there is a recorded time of 14.2 for the N/A Z w/o the bottle.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 300ZX

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94stang5L</i>
    <b>what are you talking about can't afford them I had the money for a Z and didn't buy one cause there is way better cars for the money.....and I never said I ahd the best american car....the Ford Gt 40 is the best american car and the best car ever......haha can't afford one buddy I was going to buy a BMW which is better then both are cars.....but insurance was insane</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Personally I'm going to argue that the Saleen S7 is on top of the American car ladder, and a BMW isn't to much, it all depend on what model, A saleen mustang eh? Supercharging a Stang don't make it a Saleen, the engine from a Saleen is much better than a Supercharged 5.0L mustang engine, the only thing that they have incommon is the basic engine idea, I'm not saying that you didn't add the basic Saleen engine it just seems highly unlikely to me, some more things from other people that I found ignorant is that an NA 300ZX is around the same price range as a stang people bought stangs because they liked em more, people blast other cars because they think that they are smart but want to show off their ignorance about cars, people loose races because they can't drive, or it's a dumb ass racing in a sraight line, if you don't have skills stay out of the corners, I'm also wondering why people what to prove that they are ignorance by blasting cars? I mean I do it only when I'm very pissed off with people<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 300ZX

sorry pressed the worng button, as I was saying I blast peoples cars because I get anoyed with people but I actually look at the facts B4 I do it, the mustang GT compairs to be quite even with the 300ZX thank you that is all<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 300ZX

thank you that's what I was trying to say and no I'm not going to get the saleen egine because that's way too much money....not really worth the money but It's basically the same car just with the 5.0L

16. Re: 300ZX

1990 Nissan 300zx TwinTurbo

Price 15900
    (USD United States Dollars) Mileage 60000
    Condition very good Location Miami Florida USA
    Body Style 2DR Coupe Date Offered Tue Jun 19 2001
    Exterior Color White Interior Color Black
    Engine Type TurboCharged V6 Displacement 3000 cu in
    Power 480 BHP @ 5500 rpm Transmission 5-Speed Manual
    Seller jaime gaete Seller E-Mail jagaete@yahoo.com
    Options Air Conditioning - Power Windows - Power Locks - Power Steering - Power Brakes - Power Drivers Seat - Leather Seats - Car Alarm - Cruise Control - AM/FM Radio - CD Player - ABS - Driver Side Airbag - Sun Roof - Roof Rack
    Info jimmy wolf computer
    cone air filter
    stillen big intercoolers
    greddy twin 2 1/2' exhaust pipes
    koni 5 position gas double acction shocks
    white gages and manifold presure
    17 inches of presure intake manifold
    new redone engine
    very powerfull and fast

I WILL ONE DAY ONE THIS CAR, I SEE THESE ON THE MASS PIKE GOING TO WORK ALL THE TIME, THEY'RE SO BAD ASS, BUT THIS ONE MY FRIENDS HAS TO BE THE BEST 300ZX TT EVER, THIS GUYS GOT IT TWEAKED FOR SOME SERIOUS, ASS HAULING...

17. Re: 300ZX

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94stang5L</i>
    <b>The Cobra R is already in higher demand they are completely sold out...the 300zx never had a waiting list like the Cobra R,,,,,,and lets not forget it's a Mustang it's a collectable no matter what</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hahahahahahahaha that will be a big fat no the stang has a select vehicle collectability not all stanges are colectable, and as for the cobra R there were only 300 made dude get off the R strap it not woorthethe 60 they listed for and I know of Z that eat up on the track and they got to keep their AC and radio and the Z stopped production in 96 and ppl are still waiting to get one 6 years later. Now for brand new cars good ole GM's Z06 less money more performance and power.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: 300ZX

i just got and 1984 z i just wanted to see if there are any mod for it.

19. Re: 300ZX

ummm well actually the Cobra R beat the Z06 and the Viper on the track in a motor trend test.....I'm sure it would beat a 300zx......and there's no waiting list for 300 zx's there's loads of used ones selling on the autotrader

20. #95 Harada, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 300ZX

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 75_chevy</i>
    <b>i just got and 1984 z i just wanted to see if there are any mod for it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

go here www.z31.com it may help you out quite a bit.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: 300ZX

<b>ummm well actually the Cobra R beat the Z06 and the Viper on the track in a motor trend test.....I'm sure it would beat a 300zx......and there's no waiting list for 300 zx's there's loads of used ones selling on the autotrader</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    theres no waiting list for a car that sold out 300 made 300 gone. Keep waiting maybe one sday someone will sell it. Show me where motortrend reported the cobra R beating the Z06 and a viper in the 1/4mi 0-2-60 and or on the track.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: 300ZX

Funny how I never said it won in the 1/4 mile time...The viper obviously destroyed that catagory but as for the issue it's in
    the August 2000 issue...All 3 cars are on the front page.

The track times are on page 41 in the bottom right corner. The whole page is about the road course race they did.

Cobra R..Lap time= 1:17.98

ZO6 lap time= 1:19.59

Viper RT/10(not ACR) = 1:21.40

23. Re: 300ZX

i think ford should sell some anti-depressants w/ every one of those little mustangs bec. they are getting ravaged by imports.

24. Re: 300ZX

I have been reading all this this crap from 94stang5L and I own a 98 stang GT, and a 944 Porsche, and I have driven a 300zx several times. I prefer the power of the 300zx over all of these cars, and on top pf that, I also prefer driving my Porsche over the stang. The Nissan would cleraly WHOOP the stang in any race. Get off your so called power trip and just give up the fight, YOU WILL NOT WIN.

25. Re: 300ZX

I've owned a '90 300zx for three years now and everytime I drive it, I always get looks! I simply love the car... it drives well, it handles well and is quite good on gas. When I first saw the car, I was absolutely spellbound by its goodlooks and had to have one. I have NEVER met anyone who didn't fall in love with the looks of this gorgeous machine. Although you can buy one for under $10,000, they are expensive to maintain. Its sleek timeless design is about 11 years old now and it STILL looks current! In my opinion, I think Z32 is the most beautiful japanese car ever designed!