LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Gamer55, Oct 21, 2002.

1. #1 Gamer55, Oct 21, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i read this comparison a while ago.
    but it seems very strange to me why the 1/4 mile times for the cars were so slow.
    they clocked the 427TTvette @ 12.3seconds and 132mph, in comparison to MOTORTRENDS vette vs. jet which got 9.2 @ 150mph

also the viper800TT only got 12.4 @ 134mph (that's .2 seconds slower than a stock GTS viper) which MOTORTREND tested and got a 10.47 time.

this seem strange to anyone?

3. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, that wasn't the 427TT in that comparo. All the cars were slow in that test, and they kinda pointed to the conditions. Lingenfelter's GMC Sonoma was a bit quick though!

4. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must agree that those numbers arent agreeing with each other, although, the vette in the car and driver comparison wasnt the same model as the motertrend one. Teh one motrotrend used was the final stage turbo. the motortrend car had over 800hp, the caranddriver had only 650hp. As for the viper, the test ran in motortrend was with slicks. Car and driver used the tires provided by hennessey. wheelspin and other conditions prevented it from achieving the time you specified.

5. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excuse my grammar, california education

6. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah kinda strange

7. #7 car wizard, Nov 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude the viper 800 TT got 10.47 on the 1/4 mile at 137 mph. the 0-100 is 5.5 seconds also go check out www.hennesseymotorsports.com to see for ur self.

8. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, we know the viper did that(on slicks) but in this C&D comparison, the viper only got 12.4 @ 134mph

9. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they were running street tyres. the times do sound pretty darn slow for monsters like these.

10. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did u say "Slow"...

11. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how bout the Venom800tt vs the Lingenfelter427tt? that would be one hell of a match!

12. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just go to page 2 of the Venom800tt forum,
    there you should find the thread "Lingenfelter427tt vette vs. Viper Venom 800tt", the title's something like that(i was the last to respond on it)there you should find all specs. i posted for the 2 cars.

13. Re: LOOK AT THIS SUPERCAR COMPARISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i knew that some1 had already compared those 2 cars...