looks better in real life

Discussion in '1994 Ford Mustang GT' started by 94stang5L, Aug 9, 2002.

1. some people say this car is ugly and personally I didn't like it at first either.....but when I but mine, I found the GT package adds a lot....plus the car has really smooth lines ( the girls love it) and the dual stainless steel pipes are gorgeous.....and the 94 has the horizontally stripped tail lights which in my opinion are nicer then the ones on the 96+......and the sound oh my the sound......hey for the price these cars are damn sweet

2. Re: looks better in real life

You are so right. I own a `91 Stang LX 5.0 and a `83 Pontiac Firebird also V8 and the Stang sounds so good. When i bought the Mustang new in 1991, the bang for the bucks was perfect. No turbo or hi-revs but good V8 power. Only problem: winter too long !!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: looks better in real life

Really great car... Good looks.

keep the faith

4. Re: looks better in real life

Finally a column where that fu*k head 94fornula hasn't been. That guys is annoying. Not bad looking, but I do have to say the Fox Body looked alot better and I will have to give the engineers at Ford props on the 2000 Cobra. Mighty sharp car. V8stangman I have to agree with you on the LX. I own a 89 5.0 LX. Picked up from some old lady with 64,000 miles for 5500. When I got behind the wheel you could tell it had never been drove hard. I pegged the speedo and still had gas pedal left. The only problem with the fox body is there is not enough weight to keep the ass end down at high speeds. Other than that they handle like a charm.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: looks better in real life

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from smokin89pony</i>
    <b>Finally a column where that fu*k head 94fornula hasn't been. That guys is annoying. Not bad looking, but I do have to say the Fox Body looked alot better and I will have to give the engineers at Ford props on the 2000 Cobra. Mighty sharp car. V8stangman I have to agree with you on the LX. I own a 89 5.0 LX. Picked up from some old lady with 64,000 miles for 5500. When I got behind the wheel you could tell it had never been drove hard. I pegged the speedo and still had gas pedal left. The only problem with the fox body is there is not enough weight to keep the ass end down at high speeds. Other than that they handle like a charm.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hell it should have gas pedal left... the speedo only goes to 85 right? that cars capable of 150 prolly.. ive seen a 95 stang with the needle pegged at 150.... i saw him do it and i saw the pic the passenger took while he was doing it (took pic of speedo)

6. Re: looks better in real life

My car is below, should I mod an automatic? I love drivin it, plz give me ur opinions and whatnot. Also, any recommended mods that increase hp and tq. thanks for the replies

7. Re: looks better in real life

I agree that most pics of that car make it seem ugly, but it's way better in real life. For those who haven't seen a 'real one' yet, you won't believe your eyes.

8. Re: looks better in real life

my '89 GT's speedo reads 140. my buddy's 89 LX does as well.

9. Re: looks better in real life

I still don't understand why anyone would work on making this car faster. A V8 with 215 hp? My camaro came with 285hp and its the same year as this. Plus my camaro came with 325ib ft of torque! I've only put about $2,000 of mods on mine and im faster then the new mach 1's(still not the cobras)! AND MY CAR IS 10 YEARS OLD! Plus $500 was for my hood and $60 were for the black out light covers! So about $1,300 on performance mods! The reason I got the light covers was because I'm not a big fan of the "box" headlights on the 93-97 camaros. I'm not saying this car is hideous. Actually that one guy that posted his pic with the red one didn't look that bad but 215hp stock!? You'd have to do some serious mods just to gain 70hp to be even with my cars factory rating. Plus the Lt-1s sound MEAN especially with headers and exhaust. The LT-1's are all low end power so they sound even meaner then the LS-1s but dont perform as well. Anyways I proboaly won't make any of you buy camaros instead but I just don't understand this reasoning.

10. Re: looks better in real life

This topic is so true. My brother owns a '96 Mustang GT and they are much better looking in real life. If you get these cars lowered then it looks just like a dream car. Flowmasters make these Mustang GTs sound so agressive with that V8 powering it.

11. Re: looks better in real life