M3 is faster; still a nice car

Discussion in '2001 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG' started by RLQ, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

But neither brabus or rentech have been able to beat amg's time with their tuned c320's.

2. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

Yeah, we ALL believe you that you own a C32.

Angus

3. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

Oh man, how badly I want this car...short of the ultra-luxos like Bentley, RR, etc. nothing touches BENZ for sheer luxury. And this is faster than hell, gorgeous, and exclusive enough to turn heads.

As for the M3 comparison, I am glad to finally read a thread where people are comparing two cars that are actually somewhat similar instead of "a Z06 could WASTE this Mini!" But I have to agree that the M3 is somewhat overrated--a beautiful, wonderful car, but people give it too much love. I'd definitely take the Benz over the Bimmer, because it's more powerful, better looking, more luxurious, more spacious, etc.

4. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

The EU standard for testing cars is with 90% fuel load, 7kg of luggage and one adult driver (75kg.)

With a 50% or less fuel load and no luggage I believe it was R&T who said this car is capable of the mid 4's for acceleration.

5. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

The EU standard for testing cars is with 90% fuel load, 7kg of luggage and one adult driver (75kg.)

With a 50% or less fuel load and no luggage I believe it was R&T who said this car is capable of the mid 4's for acceleration.

6. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

because its lighter and a coupe.

7. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

i do understand that the looks of an m3 can basecally murder the c32's look , but in the interior design , in the engine, in the bhp , in the capability and in the name , mercedes benz is well known and especially when its 349 bhp v6 3.2L 0_62 4.8 sec although its a 5 passenger seat . i can conclude now that a mercedes benz c32 amg would be way better than an m3. but i had the money for both i would buy the m3 because it looks better and girls like its looks .

8. Re: M3 is faster; still a nice car

Hey listen. He did say try ANY BMW's (including tuned BMW's) vs the renntech.

Yeh and so what if its not in mercedes lineup? Its still a stiff rigid Mercedes Benz chassis, with someone elses engine. Not many cars can do that, put in such a powerful engine into a normal chassis and take it. Just because an after market tuner has no ties with the mother manufacturer, they shouldnt be counted out. After all, they still have the rights to put the 3 pointed star on the hood so that counts for something. A car is a car whether its tuned by the company that has the patent on it, or some other company who has tuned it after market. The CLK GTX will take out any BMW (tuned by M or any other tuner in the CLK's class).