M3 vs NSX ???

Discussion in '2001 BMW M3' started by Marky678, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Re: M3 vs NSX ???

This is a tough one both cars have their merits. They would be a good matchup unlike some of the others we see on these forums from time to time. As someone said earlier the M3 is just a 3 series bimmer with radical changes to the entire driveline,engine,interior,exterior... but it is still a 3 series chassis and it looks like it. The NSX is formed from scratch from aluminium, and truly is a 'cheap' supercar. For those of you who can look past 1/4 mile times and see the engineering behind a car either car would suit your tastes but i would be buying the NSX for the 'sheer driving pleasure'. lol

2. Re: M3 vs NSX ???

are you like mentaly ill or something?

"If you want a car that you can mash the peddle down and go, and thats it, and aside from that you like a comfortable, quiet ride, I'd probably say M3 is where you wanna be."

WTF is that?

M3 will give NSX a run of it's life on a track...anytime.... pitch in another 20k USD for a CSL (and still have some money left for a nice, month long vacation in baja) and you'll get a 'type r killer'

3. Re: M3 vs NSX ???

I don't know dude, I agree with you on most things you said, but the NSX Type R really is a fast car, its not at all like the regular NSX. The Type R ran under 8 minutes at the N'ring, which is about 30 some seconds faster than the regular NSX. Now, I don't know what the actual production CSL runs, but I don't think its quite as fast.

Angus

4. Re: M3 vs NSX ???

lets face it ...if you want a luxury performance car, buy an M3, if you want a full on performance car, buy a 911 GT2 or a skyline GTR

where does this leave the honda? well i suppose someone has to come dead last

5. Re: M3 vs NSX ???

Although the NSX is a great car, id have to go with the M3

6. Go home to your mother, stay out of the big boys conversation. M3 is incredibly fast for a sports coupe and so is the NSX but unless you talking about the NSX-R its doesnt beat an F355 or Carrera 4. Also WTF is a Nissan Type-R?

7. I'd take the NSX