More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP' started by drew 167, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Whats up everybody....first of all...im 17 years old and own a fully loaded 2000 GT...mods and all its a about $26000. Im the only kid at school that has a GrandPrix(or atleast a 97 or newer) and there ATLEAST 10 ppl with mustangs. Whats up with this! Personally there is no descision to which is the better car. I had the choice to get a mustang...but...there are too many.Ohh and only 2 of those 10 are GT's and one of them is girls!But im i just posted this to say tha i dont think that Grand Prix's get the attention they deserve as fast sporty car...heck i could beat most any of the cars in our parkin lot...with the exception of a couple. Why doesnt the public recognize Grand Prix??? Why dont magizines recognize it???Family Sedan???Bullcrap!!!!!!! I know yall feel the same way i do

2. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. These things can perform. The mustang icon has just pulled
    the towel over everyones eyes. But I love these cars too. Good looks,
    good performance, and affordable - what more could you ask? Grand Prix
    !!!Driving Exitement!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that one of the best thing about our cars not having much "recognition" is our low insurance rates. I had a 95 Eagle Talon ESi (not turbo) before I got my GTP and my insurance actually went down with the GTP. I also love to see the looks on the faces of people driving Mustangs (yes, even the GT) and hopped up Civics when I blow past them! <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona Edition....THATS A CAR! 2 tone leather seats, BOSE stereo (10 speakers, 6 disk changer in the trunk), all the goodies. Loads of power....mmmmmmmm........i love Grand Prix GT and GTP's.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Matt Lackore</i>
    <b>I think that one of the best thing about our cars not having much "recognition" is our low insurance rates. I had a 95 Eagle Talon ESi (not turbo) before I got my GTP and my insurance actually went down with the GTP. I also love to see the looks on the faces of people driving Mustangs (yes, even the GT) and hopped up Civics when I blow past them! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Thats a good point. Driving my mom's 91 chrysler minivan - its still about $600 a month. Which is absolute shiit. But if i got the money, I would beef this thing up! I would scare old ladys and stuff. And also, I'd probably drop every Civic at the red lights.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!! $600 !!!! a month for a minivan. Where the hell do you live and how many cars have you totaled. I pay $150 a month for a '99 GAGT, and I have totaled 2 other Grand Am GT's.

7. Re:

My mom owns one and she pays more insurance because the cars engine is supercharged, compared to my dad who owns a sebring convertible (a slow car). Although, it might not be the supercharger, but the cars horsepower to weight ratio.

8. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

freak......i pay like +500 for my chevy and it sucks.......

9. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

New member here...

..and yes i agree with you...My brother recently bought a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, gray with black leather...and damn does that car drive beautifully...i mean i am 16 years old, i cant really drive very far, but ive had had some mintues driving it. the car isnt extremely fast, mostly because its a GT, not the GTP with a supercharger, but what stands out is how awesome it drives...

ive driven my pops navigator, my bros ford tarus(sp?) and my brothers inlaw chevy caviliar...

none of those cars seem to compare with the comfort of actaully driving the grand prix.

great car.

10. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone realizes the potential of the Grand Prix GTP. I've owned a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for about a month now. It is one of about three in my town. There are about 40 mustangs and 15 firebird/camaros. My car can take the majority of them. Also, my GTP has many more features and cost a lot less. The only problem I've had with it is watching out for people with sharp keys walking by it. I have to check it for vandilization constantly. Other than that its a sweet car!

11. Re: More Recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...... talk about recognition..... i have 2 Regals, a '97.5 GS and a '99 GSE they both have the supercharged L67 (3.8 V6) and i think that they dont get enought recognition....lol i do agree with you about not enough recognition! i am in the NCCGP( Nor-Cal Club Grand Prix) and we have meets every once and a while and go to the track and race..... driving a buick i get a few laughs pulling up to the line, especialy(sp?) if the GT im racing pulls a big "show" burnout, but i think it is worth it seeing the face of the mustang driver after i smoke him in my FWD V6 4 door Granny car....(not to offend mustang drivers, i do respect the stang alot)...... but i swear these cars do need more recognition! but it is kinda a good thing they dont because they are less known and remain a "sleeper". but with the new s/c MonteCarlo and s/c Impala SS i think the word will get out about the L67 motor and it will be come more known to the world!