"Mother of the Matrix"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DrTofu, Dec 6, 2004.

1. #1 DrTofu, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Monday, October 4th 2004 ended a six-year dispute involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart's allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow residing.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

To read more:
    http://www.slccglobelink.com/news/2004/10/28/Entertainment/mother.Of.The.Matrix.Victorious-785067.shtml

2. i can't be arsed to read that...why did she sue?

3. Copy right infringments.

4. Plato should sue the Wachowski Brothers too.

5. I'd just like to point out that it's no longer politically correct to refer to them as the Washowski brothers because one of them is now a she.

Edit: and how is she involved with the Terminator series. There's no way she came up with the idea for that too.

6. I thought his dominatrix girlfriend was just making him act subordinant, or some shit.

7. Nope, he got a full-on sex change after Reloaded.

8. They deserved to have their balls cut off for making matrix 2 and 3.

9. She is gonna get an arse load of money for writing one story way back in '81.

10. the story of the maxtrix is rehashed anyways.

11. did she write them before or something?

12. I wrote a similar story in 5th grade, although it is unfinished. Plato the Undead is going to kick my ass.

13. You should sue as well. You might only get about $80 but that'd nearly triple the value of your life.

14. My life is priceless.

15. I know. I'm just being a punk for fun.

16. Seriously. That and the sex change

17. My dad actully knows the dude that became a chick.