new ugly scion for bigrob unveiled

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by GT40 2, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Scion — Toyota's youth brand — took the wraps off of its latest concept Wednesday at the New York Auto Show. Dubbed the Hako Coupe, the concept was designed by Scion's Tokyo Design Division and is intended to reflect "youth-inspired trends."

The Hako Coupe's shape is unmistakably Scion, but its unusual design will no doubt have a polarizing effect. According to Jack Hollis, Scion vice president, the Hako Concept's look is supposed to be that of a "sporty version of a box." Maybe Hollis confused ugly with sporty.

The front of the car is highlighted — if you can call it that — by LED headlights, a large upper grille and smaller lower grille. In profile, the Hako Coupe has shape similar to that of an armored truck.

Outback, the concept features LED taillights and backup lights integrated into the car's exhaust. The Hako Coupe's roof is comprised of a barcode pattern, but Scion execs say one day you might be able to chose the roof's display — from messages to images.

Inside, the Hako Concept has a design theme inspired by gaming, and uses many rubber materials for easy cleaning. LCD monitors are integrated into the concept's front head rests.

There have been rumors that the Hako Coupe could replace the Scion xA, but we hope they stay just as that — rumors.

2. #2 GT40 2, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Hahaha, holy shit.

4. looks like a toy car

5. A car as a shoe as a car.

6. oh god thats terrible

7. I try to be open minded about these sort of cars but its pretty clear that the Japanese have no idea whats going on

8. Ya, that's pretty terrible.

EDIT: I'm starting to like everything from the A-pillar back, although the front 3/4 view looks good. It'll probably look better as a production model.

9. I actually quite like it.

10. Its not too bad, the front is pretty weird though.

11. Throw some Ds on that b1tch!!!

12. The rear is alright, but the front looks like an International truck squeezed down to fit the front end of an xB.

13. #$%# I LOVE IT

14. they're not even messing around, they're just calling it "the Box"

lol what a wretched turd

drag coefficient: 0.9

15. hahaha

16. pretty much one of the worst designs ever.

17. FAGGOT

18. Wow, they cant be serious. That's the most hideous thing I've ever seen.

19. I can't tell which is the front!!!

20. the part without red tailights

21. There's something wrong with Scion.

22. barf on wheels

23. It reminds me of a Hot Rod, like a Ford T or something.

24. Stop using South Amerikan cocaine.