NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by Will938, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

I've only seen 1 ZO6 that was on the street.

2. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

It's pretty close even they are stock.<!-- Signature -->

3. The z06 pulls a "G" on the skidplate and stock the z06 is faster. I really love the NSX, but I would put my money on the z06Vette. Don't say what or if, the Vette takes the NSX for half the price. I would like to own a NSX, but the z06 is better!!!

4. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

I think that the reason the NSX is so much more expensive is because of its build quality. Each car is built by hand, and every write up i've heard says that its really easy to drive, and by easy im mean a balanced comfortable feel that allows the driver to push closer to the limit. Don't get me wrong here, i totally enjoy the vette, its an increadible bargan for the price, but the NSX holds a little more exotic air to it and you don't see them every day. Now as for this car i hope they can improve the peformance without losing the trademark Honda reliability - im optimistic

5. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

If im not mistaken, the Z06 is a V8, and the NSX is a V6. The 2003 NSX, however is supposed to be a V8 4.0 Litre 420HP car.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

I'm getting 10 or 11 different numbers on those engines you guys always talk about for the NSX. I don't know if it is supposed to be production, but they had some 485 HP vettes at an auto show, and one 700 HP vette, they were also playing with the idea of a 6.0 liter vette for 2003-2005 with 600+ HP.

7. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

in a straight line the z06 would win for sure.
    but on the track i think the nsx would kll it
    <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

I think the Z06 is faster all the way around but I still would rather have the NSX. I think it would stay together better and the interior would last longer. It won't bottom out on everything like the Z06. It would be a good investment. Besides, I don't know anybody that owns an expensive, new car and races it. $50K is a LOT of money to tear up on the track, unless you drive good enough that your sponsor pays for it.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

The nsx doesnt got the power of the z06, but power isnt everything, and the nsx is LIGHT. the nsx also has a better overall build, so i think the nsx

10. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

NSX lost to Z06 on a track( not sure which track) in motortrend or road and track. Because the hp difference is too great. 405 and 290, that's 115 more. The track is pretty straight, not many corners. If NSX has 400hp, it will win.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

This remindes me of an all too familiar topic, Corvette vs Viper. You can't compare V8 to V6. The look of an NSX is cool and all but you are comparing apples to oranges.

12. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

An z06 my have an advantage of the line and in its top end,but get em' both on a track with hard corners and NSX will have the Vette for lunch power isnt everything and besides whats the fun in goin fast in a straight line

13. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

Seems to work out for me when the raids come down.

14. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from InTheRedAt9000</i>
    <b>An z06 my have an advantage of the line and in its top end,but get em' both on a track with hard corners and NSX will have the Vette for lunch power isnt everything and besides whats the fun in goin fast in a straight line</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->that is wrong, the cornering speeds i have seen favor a regular C5 over the NSX. The Corvette Z)^ is the CLEAR winner on a track.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

The z06 pulls 1-G plus in corners that is better than NSX.

16. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

You don't just look at how good a car handle by loking at skidpad and slalom. A Mclaren F1 pulls 0.86G, does that mean it has worst handling than NSX? NO WAY, if it has worst handlng than NSX, why would I pay 1 million bucks to get F1? Just for power?? I could easily get any car and make it up to 600hp with less than half a million!!<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

Mario Andreti tested a Mclaren and said it wasnt stable at speed. Perhaps it is posible that you only get lots of horsepower with a Mclaren.

18. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

Who knows, why do people do a lot of things, why buy a Honda 2000 when you get better performance from a Camaro?

19. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

Here's my only input for this forum. The NSX has always been underpowered. Yes, it still is a sportscar, but I keep seeing figures of 260-290 HP. I expect more for a car that costs over $90K.

20. #20 Honda rulez, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supercar GT40</i>
    <b>Here's my only input for this forum. The NSX has always been underpowered. Yes, it still is a sportscar, but I keep seeing figures of 260-290 HP. I expect more for a car that costs over $90K.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Remember?? japanese restriction on car's hp!!

Here's a list of times in nurburgring of the following cars:

1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R- 8:22.38
    1990 Honda NSX- 8:16.15
    1991 Porsche 911 Turbo- 8:08.73
    1992 Honda NSX-R- 8:03.86

All info is from www.vtec.net

You can also download clips for prove.

1/4 mile: NSX Type S- 12.8s
    Porsche 911 S4- 13.8s
    Nissan Skyline GTR- 13.8s
    Ferrrai F355- 13.8s

<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

The ZO6 would win all the way over the
    Nsx if it was stock against stock but
    in they were mods it would be close.

22. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

All you people talk about "if the NSX had this" and "if the NSX had that," that's bullshlt. What matters is the fact the THIS NSX would get its @ss handed to it by a Z06, no question.

23. Re: NSX-R vs. z06Vette? Really what do you think???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b>It's pretty close even they are stock.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That is just not true and you know it. The regular Vette and the NSX are pretty close, but the Z06 is a HELL of a lot faster than the NSX.<!-- Signature -->