One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

Discussion in '1968 Ford GT40 Mark I ‘Gulf Oil’' started by pedern, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This is a real masterpiece! Look at it! uuuuuh, goosebumps!
    The norwegian Martin Schance (Mr.Rallycross) acctualy drove one in Le Mans!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

Why is everyone all of the sudden so in love with the GT40? Everywhere you turn it's on t.v. or some movie, or in the paper, or whatever. I love this car, but it doesn't need to be plastered on everything. Why didn't people figure out before that this car was bad, they had to wait for ford to come out with a new one. Then chevy should come out with the Hemi Cuda or something, a real one. It's like some fashion trend but with a car.What???

3. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

I've always loved this car, the new one is OK.....

4. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

this is an amazing machine. I hope the new one will reflect the success of the old one. it's one of the few american cars I like...

5. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

AMEN

6. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

I agree this car is awesome. The new ones are nice but they will never be as great as the originals.

7. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

hey i realy liked this car BEFORE the 2002 GT40. but i do think that that's what happend

8. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

Even if it wasn't beautiful, 0-100 in 8 seconds would make up for being ugly, because you would never get a good look at it.

9. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

I too liked it before the new one came out.

10. Re:
    One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

I rank it at No.1. No.2 is the new Dodge Viper SRT-10. Then the Corvette Z06. Wierd how they are all American, huh?

11. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

i think this is the most beautiful car ever, the fact that its over 35 years old and is being realesed again shows what a great design this car really is, the fact that it will do 200mph in 'road spec' is an added bonus

12. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

This car is a true classic, but I can't wait until the new 2002 GT-40 comes out.

13. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

i have seen the new one and it hasn't changed much still just as beautiful...unfortunately it had no interior so i dont know what the inside will be like.....beautiful car

14. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

I agree all the way. This car's place in the top ten ranks has been permanently etched in stone.

15. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

this car looks badass in race trim and is very beautiful too...the 2002 GT40 might take its place in the Ford Factory, but it can never take the place of the Original GT40 on the road and in the hearts of car lovers!!

16. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

Yeah but I pick the old GTS over the new SRT-10 any day.

17. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

thats because youre an american too smartypants

18. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

yep its awesome, i saw one near Sinsen in Oslo if you know what i meen

19. Re: One of the TOP10 most beautiful cars ever!

Here's my opinion. You don't ressurect a gt40. Making new models of this beast is destroying it in my mind. It would be like Ferrari reproducing replica 250's or Porsche 550spyders... You just don't. Ford's great idea to battle viper and vette finally, is in my books as weak as ford really is. They had a great idea with the gt90, a futuristic gt40 but then dropped it for 10 years to come up with this.. what a replica, almost to a tee... give me a break. GT40 will always be the american brute that in two years changed automotive history. Not this new generation plastic 50 years later bs. Come on Ford, 50 years, and this is the best high performance car your design studios can come up with.

20. I think it's great that they brought this car back, but pathetic that they gave it the 5.4 L V8 from an F-150. It's not nearly as exotic or exciting as the original.

21. Is the car street legal?