PLEASE STOP.

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by Gallucci, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Re: PLEASE STOP.

The most powerful production Corvettes ever made are the current fifth generation models. But even then, they can barely do the things a Ferrari 328 can do. Corvette a supercar? No. Unless it's a modified C5-R racing in the Le Mans series!

2. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Somebody up there was comparing the Bugatti Veyron to a tuned Vauxhall. Please get off this site!

3. Re: PLEASE STOP.

VMIFerrari, the most powerful Corvettes ever were the 3rd-gens, the stock 427 was rated at 430hp and the optional L88 has a massive 550hp straight out of the factory...and dont even get started on torque, another big win for the C3

4. Re: PLEASE STOP.

YOU'RE MOM IS A PIECE OF SHIT! I ATE HER PUSSY, AND IT SAGGED AND SMELLED LIKE CLAMS AND FISH!!! DON'T YOU EVER DISS THE CORVETTE! IT MAY LOOK OLD, BUT IT'S STILL GOT PERFORMANCE.

5. Re: PLEASE STOP.

SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO INSULT YOU! I KNOW THE SLEDGEHAMMER CORVETE IS KIND OF UGLY! I DO LOVE THE BUGATTI VEYRON 16/4, THOUGH! IT'S ONE OF MY DREAM CARS! I JUST HATE THESE AMERICAN CAR HATERS WHO THINK THE USA SUCK AT MAKING SPORTS CARS! THEY MAKE MY FAVORITE SPORTS CARS!

6. Re: PLEASE STOP.

DUDE, THE FERRARI ENZO IS AWESOME. THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT IS THE BIG HOLES ON THE FRONT. THAT SHIT IS UGLY!

7. Re: PLEASE STOP.

MAN, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! ALTHOUGH I LOVE AMERICAN SPORTS CARS, THIS BUGATTI IS SO DANGEROUS ON THE TRACK! THIS VERSION GOES 252MPH! IMAGINE IF IT WAS FAST!!!! WHOOOOO, THIS CAR WOULD BE UNFUCKABLE!!! THIS CAR WOULD MAKE PEOPLE SAY "MCWHAT?" INSTEAD OF MCLAREN!

8. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Most powerful? I seem to recall the 1967 L88 putting out 600hp from the factory. Mind you they lied about the engine's capabilities in hopes of keeping them out of the hands of those who didn't quite know what they were buying. As for the new one being the fastest, I'm not quite sure why, unless the performance #s are based on Gms so-called stats for the L88. Only 20 were ever sold, so I don't think there was ever any real testing short of one or two being put on a dyno to figure out the REAL hp.

oh and btw, the Z06 is only a few ticks off the 360 modena, and I would sure call the modena a supercar, wouldn't you?

do you have any numbers for the 328 that would prove that the Z06 is not a supercar? I mean you brought it up, so you must have them. Why didn't you post them to begin with?

9. Re: PLEASE STOP.

the 328 is the Mondial i think, crappy car with 250-260hp or something like that

10. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Yes, I'm not particularly fond of the Mondial series either. But still, 260 hp was a good number for those days.

11. Re: PLEASE STOP.

I know that the Sledgehammer Corvette and the Bugatti Veyron should not be compared. The bugatti has luxury amenities that will pamper your ass till you die. The corvette is nothing but a speed machine that doens't let you have a ride in comfort.

12. Re: PLEASE STOP.

269 actually, I checked supercars after posting. even with it's weight 400lbs less than the Z06, it won't be keeping up in much of anything. I'm still waiting on some stats on it, seeing he seems to think it discredits the corvette from being a supercar.

yeah 269 was a respectable number for the eighties, but I'd like to know the price that it ran for, anyone know?

13. Re: PLEASE STOP.

my bad, I was looking at the GTB model. The GTS weighs in very similar to the Z06, and it costs 67 370?! By today's standards, that's between 90 - 100 000 USD.

not to mention the 0-60 of 6 flat, and the 1/4 in 14.5. I'll give the benefit of the doubt in that supercars is often wrong, but even if it was 5.5s, and 14s, it wouldn't be overly impressive. .83g on the skidpad? This thing has a long way to go before being near the Vette in any performance category.

14. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Ther is only one thing that I have to say about this car

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS CAR IS TOOOOOOO MUTHERFUCKING FATS IF i EVER DROVE IT I WOULD PROBABLY SHIT MY PANTS.

15. Re: PLEASE STOP.

THIS CAR IS TOOOOOOO MUTHERFUCKING FATS IF i EVER DROVE IT I WOULD PROBABLY SHIT MY PANTS.

16. Re: PLEASE STOP.

17. Re: PLEASE STOP.

I would have to agree.

18. Re: PLEASE STOP.

To drive this car at it's limits must require BALLS, so yes, we probably shit in our pants after all!

19. Re: PLEASE STOP.

i have a veyron and ive never tested its limits ive taken it 2 like half and i almost pissed myself

20. Re: PLEASE STOP.

How the hell did you manage to get ahold of a car that's not even produced yet? FOS

21. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Haha. He doesnt.

22. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Actually there were only two L88 produced and sold. I believe both of them were reacquired by the corvette museum. Also it was underrated at around 550 HP.

The Corvette is obviously a supercar and worth to be compared to this. For a fraction of the cost the corvette will perform nearly as well. As for the C5-r, without the restricted intake, it would probably turn laps way quicker than this.

I agree the Sledgehammer shouldn't be compared though. It was all about top end. Top end means nothing unless you live on the salt flats. What matters is cornering and acceleration.

23. Re: PLEASE STOP.

You're joking......right???

if not then this is the worst case of delusionally overrating a car that I've ever seen. Even the C5-r has nothing on this, C5-r MIGHT come close, but it would be very hard pressed to remain within the rearview of the Veyron. Go put yourself out of your (and our) misery and stick your head in a printing press.

24. Re: PLEASE STOP.

Once again little kids look at the 254 MPH and go "Wow, mommy look this car is faster then the MACLAREN (I know its spelled wrong on purpose) F1 and I am going to go buy it"