Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette. 2

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by robert2420, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jaguarkid02</i>
    <b>i think the vette would win but i need to see so stats first such as: 0-60, hp, and top speed!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well u cant say the vetter would win cause u dont know what vette ur comparing it to. what kinda vette u talkin bout lambo?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

they actually look alot alike<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b>I am sorry but all you American Muscle heads are ignorant.

Dont mean to offend...but everytime a sweet car like this comes about you compare it to a american muscle car..!
    it is totally true.... you are comparing a 1.3L Rotary engine to a 5.7 L V8....ovcourse the 5.7L engine is going to win....why are you people so irnorant....like everything else...

Look at Road And Track Magazine.. I believe it was the Feburary issue where they compared the Z06 Corvette to the Porsche GT2 and it got beaten...you can't compare a Porsche with a corvette...the name porsche is legendary...corvette is GARBAGE..!!!

Then in the next months issue the compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and ovcourse like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....
    and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....
    oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage ofcourse it is going to have more power....

The Z06 by the way is totaly crap like every other american car...this is so true...all american cars make horsepower by displacement....they have a huge engine that makes less then 100 HP\L ...all those muscle cars have pushrod engines...this is a technology that was made in the 1950's....everyother manufacturer in the world switched to overhead cam engines...because they see the advantage....ohh I guess that the whole world is wrong and american manufactuers are right!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I wish people like you would read some of these forums before you post. The whole hp/litre discussion has been exahusted, and it has been shown to be pointless. The build quality of Vettes is great. The handling is great. Read the articles on the Vettes and see for yourself. Look at some SCA auto-x stuff. The Vettes do great. Yeah, they use displacement, so what. Displacement is cheap, effective, and reliable. Compare the Z06 to the GT2 and it is very competitive, for about 1/3rd the cost. Less actually. Whats so bad about that? You can sream HP/Litre when you lose the race, who cares? Someone else mentioned how the Vette loses in the gas milage catagory, and it probably does, but it still gets 28 mpg on this highway, which is incredible. "All you american muscle heads are ignorant." LOL. You dont know sh**. Except what a bunch of imports only types told you maybe. This will do quite well against a C5 yes, against the Z06 no, and that means in the twisties as well. Assuming this is the turbo. That makes sense, you could get one of these for about 30K when they were avail. in the states, and even allowing for inflation, that means much cheaper than the Vette.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MrCarrera</i>
    <b>Actually, the RX-7 Turbo is easily capable of beating a standard C5 Coupe. The RX-7 is on par with the Z06 in every catagory, including acceleration.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Prove it!!! Where do you get your info? what info do you have?

I KNOW! None, wuit talking out your ass.

5. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

Dont mean to offend...but everytime a sweet car like this comes about you compare it to a american muscle car..!
    it is totally true.... you are comparing a 1.3L Rotary engine to a 5.7 L V8....ovcourse the 5.7L engine is going to win....why are you people so irnorant....like everything else...

Look at Road And Track Magazine.. I believe it was the Feburary issue where they compared the Z06 Corvette to the Porsche GT2 and it got beaten...you can't compare a Porsche with a corvette...the name porsche is legendary...corvette is GARBAGE..!!!

Then in the next months issue the compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and ovcourse like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....
    oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage ofcourse it is going to have more power....

The Z06 by the way is totaly crap like every other american car...this is so true...all american cars make horsepower by displacement....they have a huge engine that makes less then 100 HP\L ...all those muscle cars have pushrod engines...this is a technology that was made in the 1950's....everyother manufacturer in the world switched to overhead cam engines...because they see the advantage....ohh I guess that the whole world is wrong and american manufactuers are right!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey dickhead, get a clue, please, for the sake of us all. Here's the American logic for making power: "Let's throw on a few more cubes and get more power all across the powerband." Here's what all the idiot's like you think: "Hey, it's alright our engines suck, we can hide all that with some turbos." Let's see someone stick twin turbos on the LS6 Vette engine, then let's see what happens. Or even better, lets see someone rip out the turbos in one of your beloved and so "technological advanced" four poppers, then let's see how much talk you do at the drag strip, or anywhere else for that matter. So don't start talking crap on our American displacement until you decide to quit hiding behind your forced induction. You do know what N/A stands for, right? Natually Aspirated. That's what the Vette is, it doesn't need anything to boost it above a certain RPM range, it can handle all the power making by itself. And another thing, ever see a car go 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds? Top Fuel Eliminators come to mind. Want to learn something else too, they have the pushrods. They are the fastest and probably some of the most powerful cars ever built. And since you seem so intent on dwelling on hp/L, do me a favor and go figure out what it is for one of those. Let's see, four digit horsepower levels, an enigine around 8.something, you do the math. Thats kinda what happens when you take our engines and jam em full of air like you do with your turbos, they make more power then anything else out there. Yeah, even with the pushrods, which in no way even hinders an engine. So just do us a favor and shut your hole until you learn a little something about cars.

And in response to your "all american cars make horsepower by displacement." How about this: All cars that aren't American just make horsepower by forced induction

And about the "they compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and of course like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage of course it is going to have more power...." Did you ever consider this: "The Z06 is naturally aspirated and the Porsche and NSX are both turboed and have more air rammed down there intakes then would fit between the gap the Vette wins by on the race track....they both have a 2 turbo advantage of course they should be able to keep up.....but neither of them can" Maybe you do have smaller engines, but that's no excuss, because you still have the turbos that you have for so long thought were so much better, so quit crying and learn a little. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

one more thing you bigblock lovers love to quote carand drive find me a test were the vette does over 1.0g on the pad..

7. #7 bigrob, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

hey ferrarri, a couple of things to say to you, not to be a dick, just trying to point some stuff out.

"For example...the higest level of motorsports....Formula 1 3.0L 800-850 HP.....that is like 280 HP\l or so....the viper in ALMS....say...700 HP that is less than 100 HP\L...I like vipers...but that isn't technology...it is just brute displacement that makes that HP...."

Obvioulsy the F1 car would whoop the viper, but the viper is not exactly a shabby car to begin with either. The viper is based off a production car and the F1 not. And i am willing to bet that the viper has a lot more torque. Torque is one the the primary reasons for high displacement motors. And the reason that the F1 motor is so small and compact is because the rules of the league say it must be, and because MILLIONS of dollars go into producing that motor, not so much to the viper.

"Honda for example...they use F1 technology in their cars"

Where? what in there car is F! tech? (just curious actually). And you dont think that GM and Chrylser use what they learn racing in their production cars? I mean hell the LS1 BLOCK is used in the C5R, same with the viper (not the same motor exactly, just the same block and random other components), can honda say that they use the sam block in their race cars as they doo in production ones?

"1.6L 160 HP honda civic Si) .....look at the 2003 viper...they had a 8.0L for 2001 and now they are using a 8.3L to make 50 more HP"

These cars are not really a good comparison, due to one being an econobox and the other a world class sports car, but the viper and it designers enjoy torque, something that most jap car manufacturers that rely on hp?L as a measurement of their engine's worth seem to forget about.

"You talk about forced induction...You are right...there are forign cars with forced induction but not all....now I am not talking about money or anything like that....just stats...
    Ferrari 550 ....5.5L 485 HP
    Corvette Z06....5.7L 405 HP"

Look at the price differenc between these two cars, it is ovver 100,000 dollars. Not saying that the ferrarri si not worth it, it most definately is, but the performance difference between these two cars is not as emence as one would expect from these two cars, and the vette can actually be increased in hp from the aftermarket, I challenge anyone to go find large amounts of aftermarket parts for the ferrarri, i really dont think that they are there. Most people buy ferrarris expecting a car to be as good as it gets, and that is what they get. I love ferrarri, if i got offered both sets of keys my hand would take the ferrarri without a second thought. I dont think that the comparison of these two cars (even though in my opinion they are in the same performance class, not the same prestige class though) is really wise for what you are trying to prove.

"Dodge Neon R\T ...2.0L 135 HP
    Honda Civic 2002..2.0L 200 HP"

Now those stats are jsut wrong. First off the Neon RT makes 150 hp at 6500 rpm (01 neon RT) out of a 2.0 L motor. And second you pointed out earier an intereesting spec sheet for the civic si, well you got it half right there and half right here, that actuall specs for the new civic si (2002) is 2.0L 160 hp. dont believe me? go check it out at this link... http://civicsi.honda.com/
    P.S. and by the way, the Neon RT (or SRTnext year) will be turboed for next year providing the first car in its class EVER to make 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, not even the integra typr R could do that.

"And whoever said that Corvette has more history than Porsche...I dont even know what to tell you....but simply you are wrong...."

Tecnically the vette did start before porsche, but that is neither here nor there. In america the vette has more history and in europe visa versa. I see eaqual history and racing dominance jsut in different parts of the world.

----------

Bro i am not saying any of this to be a dick, and i respect you for coming out and saying that you did not want to start a fight, but as i read your posts i found a great many topics that i wanted to respond to, so i did. sorry if it came across harsh.

8. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Well BigWillman, your dad must be the man that everyone in the world must go to for car knowledge i guess because he has been a mechanic for 30 years and like domestics, man he is god! My dad has been a mechanic for 35 years and is the head mechanic for Lexus and he likes imports.

also HP/l is very important because it shows off technology and efficiency. I mean the "gay civics" you guys hate are highly efficient and produce the HP because of technology. i mean the S2000 is the prime example, it is 120HP per liter. Ferrari 4L V8 400HP, even turbo cars that u guys hate are highly efficient, Supra 3L Twin Turbo 320HP, Skyline 2.6L twin turbo 280 ( really around 320HP ), Evo 6 or 7 Turbo 2L 280 ( again really 320HP ), give these engines more boost in completely stock form can creat massive HP and torque but they simply hold back because it is not needed and it is more fuel efficient. Also HP/L is very important for racing, if a Formula 1 car had the HP/L of a american car it would be like 197HP, but because of technology and efficiency they creat close to 900HP but let me guess that is not good because it is a not a 8L V10. HP/L is always important and u cannot say it is not, well u will because americans can never win in this fight.

In a recent test with the Sun International Lotus elise ( Integra Type R engine 1.8L ) Vs the Mustang Cobra R

HP elise: 192HP
    Mustang: 385HP

Wieght elise: 1700LBs
    Mustang: 3.590LBs

0-60 elise: 4.4secs
    Mustang 5.3Secs

60-0 elise: 119feet
    Mustang: 122feet

Road Course Elise: 1:03.50
    mustang: 1:06.25

skidpad elise: 1.02Gs
    mustang: .95Gs

slalom speed ( 700ft slalom ) mustang: 70.4MPH
    Elise 72.9MPH

and the most important tot he american guys the 1/4 mile

ELISE!: 12.6seconds at 110MPH!
    mustang: 13.5 seconds at 108MPH

So there you have it efficency wins, actually the elise is efficient in every way, its wieght, brakes, engine and handling and don't say oh this isn't an import, oh yes it is and it is partly japanese. And the price issue doesn't come into play because they cost the exactly the price! even in the end all of all tests of skid pad ( all u guys talk about anyway ) and 1/4 again all americans care about, the lotus wins by a wide margin. Face it efficiency if king, i know u will not agree but the facts are there.

Also skid pad tests are decieving because all the tires sizes are different, more tire of the road equals more grip, the RX-7 tires aren't as wide as a corvette put the same size times on the RX-7 as the Corvette and it would pull alot higher numbers that the Corvette, or switch it up put the same size tires the RX7 has stock on the Corvette and the corvette will pull alot lower numbers than displayed. also if u wanna just put up skid pad tests japanese cars easily keep up with the Z06

Supra .98Gs
    Skyline .95Gs
    Evo6 .96Gs
    RX7 .96Gs

or not japanese ( or partly japanese )

Sun International Lotus Elise with Intergra Type R engine
    1.02Gs!

in short imports rule no matter wear they are from!

9. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

I would say the vette on drags and FD3S on winding courses and overall handling.

Vette has torque .. .lots of it.. but FD isn't bad in that area either!.

vette for sure is not as nimble as the FD...
    FD is a better balance between power and handling I think...
    maybe I'm bias.. never a big fan of american cars...
    but Vette isn't bad

10. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<b>BigRob

I am not biased....

But you are the opposite....you make it sound like Vipers and Corvettes are te greated thing since sliced bread....

I dont know..people around me think that american muscle will beat anything.....when a Integra Type R will 1/4 mile faster than a mustang 5.0

haha....and Porche and Ferrari have a very very long resume of success in International auto racing...

not just the US</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->You obviously have not read anything else that i have posted. The reason that i have posted the way i have is because I believe that the corvette is a better car than this, performance wise. I have admitted that i believe that this rx7 will out handle a C5, iw ill continue to admit that, but this rx will not wouthandle a z06. And to top that off, who the **** brought up Z06 anyway? That wasnt the point of this conversation to begin with.

And about your second point, i dont give a F if the mustang loses in a quarter to an integra type R. Couple things about that though, it depends on the year of the stang (early 80's hell yeahit loses that car was lucky to hit a 16 sec 1/4) early 90's though, i think that it would be a pretty damn good drag race, but the mustang would probably win especiall if it were from 89-95 5.0 L mustangs due to the introduction of the HO engine. Once again though i am not a huge mustang fan either. ANd look at the age difference between the cars as well. ANyway, the integra type R woudl also dust 305 ci camaros ffrom the 80's.

This Rx7 to me lies in the performanc eclass between the pony cars and the vettes. It is better than an Fbody in most aspects but then again nota s good as the vette in most aspects. Then again it also costs 5,000 less so it shouldnt be as good.

As for me thinking that vipers ane vettes are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not quite. I do love those cars, but i respect pretty much all cars for their place in the performance food chain. I respect them for what they were disigned to do and who they were disigned to do them for. I love euro cars, and i enjoy jap cars, i just often times think that Jap cars are over rated.

BigWIll, its great to hear you talk, beach-pussyweather! On to the House!!!!!!!

11. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

ya'll is stupid how can ya compare when ya dont know da stats DUMBASS

12. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

They are in the same price range, the are both FR and they are both purpose built performance. If you get too specific, then no comparos are possible, and then Racing is not competitive. That would suck.

But you are right, we just need to keep the diffs in mind, and how they affect the dynamics of the comparo.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

I wish people like you would read some of these forums before you post. The whole hp/litre discussion has been exahusted, and it has been shown to be pointless. The build quality of Vettes is great. The handling is great. Read the articles on the Vettes and see for yourself. Look at some SCA auto-x stuff. The Vettes do great. Yeah, they use displacement, so what. Displacement is cheap, effective, and reliable. Compare the Z06 to the GT2 and it is very competitive, for about 1/3rd the cost. Less actually. Whats so bad about that? You can sream HP/Litre when you lose the race, who cares? Someone else mentioned how the Vette loses in the gas milage catagory, and it probably does, but it still gets 28 mpg on this highway, which is incredible. "All you american muscle heads are ignorant." LOL. You dont know sh**. Except what a bunch of imports only types told you maybe. This will do quite well against a C5 yes, against the Z06 no, and that means in the twisties as well. Assuming this is the turbo. That makes sense, you could get one of these for about 30K when they were avail. in the states, and even allowing for inflation, that means much cheaper than the Vette.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Iam professional "Mechanical Engineer" so I guess that gives me validation to speak in repect to your signature.

Engine capacity does matter! Shit over 5 litrs and thats all the power American cars produce? If you talking about technology. American cars with their big blocks are way behind.

And about handling I havnt seen one car Mag in Australia where I am from that even comes close to validate that good handling of American cars. And we do have American readers for our mags.

<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chevman348</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>

Hey dickhead, get a clue, please, for the sake of us all. Here's the American logic for making power: "Let's throw on a few more cubes and get more power all across the powerband." Here's what all the idiot's like you think: "Hey, it's alright our engines suck, we can hide all that with some turbos." Let's see someone stick twin turbos on the LS6 Vette engine, then let's see what happens. Or even better, lets see someone rip out the turbos in one of your beloved and so "technological advanced" four poppers, then let's see how much talk you do at the drag strip, or anywhere else for that matter. So don't start talking crap on our American displacement until you decide to quit hiding behind your forced induction. You do know what N/A stands for, right? Natually Aspirated. That's what the Vette is, it doesn't need anything to boost it above a certain RPM range, it can handle all the power making by itself. And another thing, ever see a car go 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds? Top Fuel Eliminators come to mind. Want to learn something else too, they have the pushrods. They are the fastest and probably some of the most powerful cars ever built. And since you seem so intent on dwelling on hp/L, do me a favor and go figure out what it is for one of those. Let's see, four digit horsepower levels, an enigine around 8.something, you do the math. Thats kinda what happens when you take our engines and jam em full of air like you do with your turbos, they make more power then anything else out there. Yeah, even with the pushrods, which in no way even hinders an engine. So just do us a favor and shut your hole until you learn a little something about cars.

And in response to your "all american cars make horsepower by displacement." How about this: All cars that aren't American just make horsepower by forced induction

And about the "they compared the Z06 to the new NSX and the porsche 911...and of course like every other comparison the Z06 has a 5.7L and the Porsche has a 3.6L and the NSX has a 3.2L.....and the whole article is about how the Z06 has more power....oh my god it has a 2L displacement advantage of course it is going to have more power...." Did you ever consider this: "The Z06 is naturally aspirated and the Porsche and NSX are both turboed and have more air rammed down there intakes then would fit between the gap the Vette wins by on the race track....they both have a 2 turbo advantage of course they should be able to keep up.....but neither of them can" Maybe you do have smaller engines, but that's no excuss, because you still have the turbos that you have for so long thought were so much better, so quit crying and learn a little. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Man another arrogant American. I havnt read all the threads, but I hope someone put this guy in his place.

PORCHE Carrera = V6 3.6 L Na..tur...ally as...pir...ated
    NSX = V6 3.2 L Na...tura..lly As...pir..ated (Slow enought for you to understand)

<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Marky678</i>
    <b> SHUT DA FUXX UP GUYS!!! Daewoo, Lanos is the best!!! 0-60
    21.34 sec Top speed 90 Mph

(\~~~/)
    ( =_=") PRICES: $9800
    ¥Y___\)~*
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I hope to hell you are kidding.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Godspd</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>

I wish people like you would read some of these forums before you post. The whole hp/litre discussion has been exahusted, and it has been shown to be pointless. The build quality of Vettes is great. The handling is great. Read the articles on the Vettes and see for yourself. Look at some SCA auto-x stuff. The Vettes do great. Yeah, they use displacement, so what. Displacement is cheap, effective, and reliable. Compare the Z06 to the GT2 and it is very competitive, for about 1/3rd the cost. Less actually. Whats so bad about that? You can sream HP/Litre when you lose the race, who cares? Someone else mentioned how the Vette loses in the gas milage catagory, and it probably does, but it still gets 28 mpg on this highway, which is incredible. "All you american muscle heads are ignorant." LOL. You dont know sh**. Except what a bunch of imports only types told you maybe. This will do quite well against a C5 yes, against the Z06 no, and that means in the twisties as well. Assuming this is the turbo. That makes sense, you could get one of these for about 30K when they were avail. in the states, and even allowing for inflation, that means much cheaper than the Vette.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Iam professional "Mechanical Engineer" so I guess that gives me validation to speak in repect to your signature.

Engine capacity does matter! Shit over 5 litrs and thats all the power American cars produce? If you talking about technology. American cars with their big blocks are way behind.

And about handling I havnt seen one car Mag in Australia where I am from that even comes close to validate that good handling of American cars. And we do have American readers for our mags.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I know this is a long post so bear with me.
    I hope you do not think that I consider displacement irelevant. I did not say that. What I said is that HP/Litre is irrelevant. What matters is power. If an engine gets a good powercurve with 3 litres and a turbo or with a 5.7 NA, both are good. The HP/Litre makes no diff, the total power does. Who wins in other words. And yes, American powerplants are not quite as sophisticated as others, but I say that does not matter. In any given system, the more sophistication, the more parts that can expirience failure. Considering that the Vette handles, accelerates and just performs well, I say it is a good car. Does it really matter that it has not got all the tech of an NSX or Skyline? What matters is lap times. The Z06 has damn good ones. Thus I don't think American cars are all behind.
    And the Vette does handle. Motor Trend is a credible mag. So are many others who have rated the Vette. Scca racers have used the Vette and it does handle. And as for other American cars: The Saleen does not handle? The Viper does not handle? The Mosler does not handle? The Panoz does not handle?<!-- Signature -->

17. 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Here we go. This could get messy.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

i think the vette would win but i need to see so stats first such as: 0-60, hp, and top speed!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

its not really far to compare there r no perm. stats but if i had to guess i would say the vette

20. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from v0locity</i>
    <b>well for one yes the viper and vette dont have good handling the only reason why it does have any handling at all is cuz the makes of it gave it big wheels it counter the weight so it can have some kinda handling. the viper and vette isnt a great car either. these cars if you race them you cant drift. like most import cars can cuz of there engine size. the viper is built by mitsubitshi and the engine is from lamborgini and the design is from dodge. but dodge paid them for this so yea i guess its right fully theres</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Whoa! The Dodge Viper engine was tuned by Lamborghini! Not developed by Lamborghini. And the body/interior is designed by Carrol Shelby and Francois Castaing, not Mistubishi. Pick up DODGE VIPER by Daniel F. Carney to get the real story. And as for the Vette and the Viper not being great cars-who keeps on winning Le Mans? And won three years straight? Yeah Dodge. WHo wins now? Saleen or the Vettes. There is no proof that the Vettes and Vipers are bad cars. Give them the respect they deserve, as I give European and Japanese cars the respect they desreve. <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

And guys, if you think the Vette wins, give a reason. You are making the rest of the American Car lovers look bad by giving ill-educated "It just rules" answers. Some of the Japanese car lovers here are giving good reasons, as are some American lovers. Give a good reason, and we will respect the answer. Thanks.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bigrob</i>
    <b>so lambo, what about the many many people who say "RX7 rules and thats all there is to it!!" What about them? You dont mind them? hmmmmmm, it sounds to me that you are just as one sided as the person who you were bitching at! You hypocrite!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No, He's just the one I saw. If I saw somebody saying "RX7 rules and thats all there is to it!!" I would tell them the same thing. Plus, this guy goes around making senseless comments. Sorry for any misunderstanding!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slamb</i>
    <b>CORVETTES KICK ASS!! End Of Discussion!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

don't worry slamb, you right, corvettes do kick ass, and thats all there is to it. so dont worry about what anyone else says. you have freedom of speech. and lambo, you started this frieken forum so dont be telling other people to shut up.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

Man there's too much hated here.

I luv all GOOD cars, but to be honest too many people here TALK SHIT!

Everyone's biased and misinformed.

No offence I like the Z06 (A lot), but this RX-7 is a beast.
    SUre the specs don't look even, but performance wise this special edition RX-7 can keep up with the Z06.

For those people who keeps saying Japan's cars don't have enough displacement...well guess what, the NEW GENERATION of super cars from japan are all upgraded into the V8+ category.

Japan has mastered the 4, 6 cylinders by EFFICIENTLY cranking out Hundreds of HPs over the stock power from there cars.

Now...JUST Imagine what Japanese tuners can do to V8s.

You just have to give credit where its due.

Ever notice that most Import lovers tend to KNOW a lot more about cars in general than just American muscle car lovers?, just an observation, not to mention that most Import car lovers are mechanics and or engineers...again, just an observation (from the people I know anyways)

Fact is, Japanese sports cars are praised because they are CHEAP, easily tuned, Efficient and pushes the boundaries in driving excellence (sounds like a mercedes ad)

Anyways, like I said, I like some american cars, but I'm into Imports and European exotics more.

Bottomline, Japanese cars have proven time and time and time again, that you don't need a V8 to get a performance.

Like I said above, the new era of Japanese cars have been upgraded into the V8+ territory.

If a 4 cylinder car can have 800HP (Top Secret's Supra), then Imagine a V8 engine.

Japan will show the world how to EFFICIENTLY use every cylinder....Can you say 2000HP?...<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: 2002 RX-7 Vs. 2002 Corvette.

I am sorry but all you American Muscle heads are ignorant.

The Z06 by the way is totaly crap like every other american car...this is so true...all american cars make horsepower by displacement....they have a huge engine that makes less then 100 HP\L ...all those muscle cars have pushrod engines...this is a technology that was made in the 1950's....everyother manufacturer in the world switched to overhead cam engines...because they see the advantage....ohh I guess that the whole world is wrong and american manufactuers are right!!!!!