Re: exhaust

Discussion in '1994 Ford Mustang GT' started by 95stangGT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. exhaust

I'm looking into getting the flowmast cat back exhaust system for my stang. Was wondering if anyone here is using it and their opinions. Also please specify what series mufflers your using and 2 or 3 chamber.

Also, anyone know of any cheap HP tricks?

2. don't get flowmaster get Borla or Roush side exhaust..that's what I'm doing to mine....AS for cheap hp...K&N intake system, or AEM underdrive pulleys....or a Cam gear.

3. I was looking at the Borla but thats quite a bit of money for me at this point. Only 18.
    I think I remeber seeing the Roush side exhuast but don't you need to have some side panels painted? Plus I think I would like the dual rear exchaust look.
    Any reasons why not to get the Flowmaster?

4. Well I'm only 17 so I hear yeah.....and for Roush yes you need the side skirts but not for Borla....and you can still get Borla rear exhaust.....As for the flowmater it's just that they arn't the best but arn't the worst either.....I'm going to save and go Borla side....
    but I'd definatly go with an intake they work wonders aswell as pulleys.....but for exhaust you might want to check out STEEDA.

5. on my stang i have 2 chamber flows and a off road h, it sounds soooooooooooooo good, sounds beefy like a big block. i have a few mods done to my stang and i smoke stock stangs.

6. if your looking for performance dont go with a side exhaust even if they were mandrel bent, too many twist and turns slow down the flow of air. if you want some kick for cheap go with the flow 40 series, but instead of the h-pipe they give you exchange that piece of shit for a "bassani x-pipe"

7. 5pnt0 is right the side exausht does sacrifice hp I just found this out so I doubt I'll do that anymore. Plus it's illegal in Canada.
    Mac is coming out with a full stainless system very soon, which will be much cheaper then the Borla stainless, so you might look into that.
    I just bought a Mac cold air kit and man it works and looks sweet!

8. I run 2-chamber Flowmaster Cat-Back on mine, I love the way it sounds and don't have any probs with it. I had a Borla Exhaust on my Camaro, and the pipes rusted so I don't really care for them anymore. I haven't heard a reveiw on the Roush sidepipes yet. They look pretty cool.. but I don't know if they have the side skirts for the 94 model. I thought it was only the latest body style...weird.
    Peace.<!-- Signature -->

9. Ive got A 95 also Im running 2inch High flow cats and flomaster exaust. It kicks ass I love the sound I just dont think you can beat the sound of a flowmaster. I also have K&N air filter that gives it a little more throat it makes it sound deaper. I would say go with that Im happy with it. Go to some persoal shop to get the work done its cheaper and they usually do a better job I got mine done for 280 bucks they did an awesome job. Oh yeah get rid of the "H" pipe it sounds better And still passes emmissions well good luck let me know what you do Gunn

10. well if you buy an exhaust I would suggest stainless steel it costs more but it lasts forever

11. i am getting ready to order my "full" Bassani exahst systemfor my 94 GT....long tube headers....X-Pipe....and Cat back...any of u guys know off the top of ur head if its a different X-Pipe for the long tube headers on the 94??<!-- Signature -->

12. if you want sound and performance than go with the 50 series there louder and give it a better sound the 40 series are the same as the 50 just quiter.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VIPERnXr4ti</i>
    <b>i am getting ready to order my "full" Bassani exahst systemfor my 94 GT....long tube headers....X-Pipe....and Cat back...any of u guys know off the top of ur head if its a different X-Pipe for the long tube headers on the 94??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

wow, yer dishin out the money, thats what i would want, but then i look at the price tag. i wanted long tubes, x pipe, flows, but i dont have the money. bassani is f'in expensive

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerbel01</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VIPERnXr4ti</i>
    <b>i am getting ready to order my "full" Bassani exahst systemfor my 94 GT....long tube headers....X-Pipe....and Cat back...any of u guys know off the top of ur head if its a different X-Pipe for the long tube headers on the 94??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

wow, yer dishin out the money, thats what i would want, but then i look at the price tag. i wanted long tubes, x pipe, flows, but i dont have the money. bassani is f'in expensive</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yes sir but u pay for the best<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VIPERnXr4ti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerbel01</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VIPERnXr4ti</i>

wow, yer dishin out the money, thats what i would want, but then i look at the price tag. i wanted long tubes, x pipe, flows, but i dont have the money. bassani is f'in expensive</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yes sir but u pay for the best</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have to get the x-pipe that is made for the headers I believe because it has to fit and is shorter compared to the x=pipe for the stock headers.

...I have a 96, and that's how it is for the modular engine, can't think of any reason why it'd be different for the 5.0<!-- Signature -->

16. yup bassani makes different xpipes for different headers<!-- Signature -->