Re: fattest sedan ever

Discussion in '2003 Mercury Marauder' started by EricDa Black, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Sorry, something went wrong with the transmission...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Leonard</i>
    <b>Let me see... the people that buy these expensive cars wouldn't modify them. Think appropitely.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

I never said anything about modifying the expensive cars...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Leonard</i>
    <b>The M5 is much faster and better looking.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

True, it's faster, but as far as looks, that's your opinion. Mine is that the M5 has subtle good looks, but it's too bland and it copies the rest of the BMW line. The Marauder is Darth Vader reincarnated as a car!!

<b>AND JEEZ!!! 4 SPEED AUTO??!! THE MERCEDES' 5 SPEED AUTO WITH SEMI MANAUL IS ALREADY A SHOCKER!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

Don't worry, mine will have a beefed up Lightning transmission...

<b>Well looking on the good side, it is rear wheel drive, and American cars are turning front wheel drive. That kinda sucks.

So this will be the only rear-wheel drive American sedan besides the Ford Crown-Victoria.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

All too sad but true. Don't forget the Cadillac CTS!! But there is a resurgence of rear drive sedans in our future; Chevy Impala SS, Cadillac's going RWD, and Chrysler is planning on changing the Intrepid/300N to RWD. Maybe the future doesn't look so bad after all!!<!-- Signature -->

2. #2 hamberger, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    fattest sedan ever

let me first say that i am a big fan of big, fat, fast, heavy american cars (think ford crown victoria police intreceptor).

with that in mind, those who share my opinion will get some kicks out of this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~atomhart/galaxie.htm

3. the BMW M5 and jaguar S type R are both way faster than this car.

4. duh. this thing weighs 4000lbs.

5. Those cars weigh about the same, they just have a hundred horsepower more. They also more than double the Marauder's price. My solution, give this Merc's DOHC the FR500 kit. Bumps the displacement from 281 to 305, or 4.6 to 5.0, and it will have 420 hp. Then bring on the M5's and Jaguar S-Type R's!!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. Let me see... the people that buy these expensive cars wouldn't modify them. Think appropitely.

The M5 is much faster and better looking.

AND JEEZ!!! 4 SPEED AUTO??!! THE MERCEDES' 5 SPEED AUTO WITH SEMI MANAUL IS ALREADY A SHOCKER!!!

Well looking on the good side, it is rear wheel drive, and American cars are turning front wheel drive. That kinda sucks.

So this will be the only rear-wheel drive American sedan besides the Ford Crown-Victoria.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Leonard</i>
    <b>Let me see... the people that buy these expensive cars wouldn't modify them. Think appropitely.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

<b>The M5 is much faster and better looking.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

True, it's faster, but as far as looks, that's your opinion. Mine is that the M5 has subtle good looks, but it's too bland and it copies the rest of the BMW line. The Marauder is Darth Vader reincarnated as a car!!

<b>AND JEEZ!!! 4 SPEED AUTO??!! THE MERCEDES' 5 SPEED AUTO WITH SEMI MANAUL IS ALREADY A SHOCKER!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

<b>Well looking on the good side, it is rear wheel drive, and American cars are turning front wheel drive. That kinda sucks.

So this will be the only rear-wheel drive American sedan besides the Ford Crown-Victoria.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

All too sad but true. Don't forget the Cadillac CTS!! But there is a resurgence of rear drive sedans in our future; Chevy Impala SS, Cadillac's going RWD, and Chrysler is planning on changing the Intrepid/300N to RWD. Maybe the future doesn't look so bad after all!!<!-- Signature -->

8. It did it again!!...One more try...

<b>The M5 is much faster and better looking. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

<b>AND JEEZ!!! 4 SPEED AUTO??!! THE MERCEDES' 5 SPEED AUTO WITH SEMI MANAUL IS ALREADY A SHOCKER!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE ->

9. OK, lets try this...... I never said anything about modifying the expensive cars...

About the auto, don't worry, mine will have a beefed up Lightning transmission...

To your last statement, all too sad but true. Don't forget the Cadillac CTS!! But there is a resurgence of rear drive sedans in our future; Chevy Impala SS, Cadillac's going RWD, and Chrysler is planning on changing the Intrepid/300N to RWD. Maybe the future doesn't look so bad after all!!<!-- Signature -->

10. M5 is no doubt faster, merc AMG cant touch it, 5.4 in the Merc VS 4.6 in M5? M5 still wins in accel, and handling(along with ergonomics and looks).<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b> The Marauder is Darth Vader reincarnated as a car!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HEY!!! in 94 one of the posters put out for the Impala SS(and my personal favorite add for it) was a side shot of the car with the words "Lord Vader your car is Ready." Bring on the Mercury's I'll show them the true power of the Darkside.<!-- Signature -->

12. What are you people getting at? MotorTrend just tested this thing and it couldn't even keep up with a Merc S500 by a long shot. No point comparing it to an M5 or any AMG for that matter.

13. i realize that, what i meant was that plenty of cars can beat the maruder. and the mercedes S-class cars that were compared in Motor Trend were twice as much as maruders would be. yet maruder kept up well in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. its a sports car revival, and these are a modernized car! mustle cars werent luxurious, they were low key, cheap and fast! thats this is(even at $30-40K).<!-- Signature -->

14. MotorTrend says the S-Class' 0-60 is 6.5. I've driven one and I'd beg to differ. The S500 has got a real nice and smooth take off. Its 0-60 is definitely in the high 5s low 6s. The Marauder is going to be a great bang for the buck sedan. It'll definitely be enjoyed by many.<!-- Signature -->

15. good tknow theres a motortrend man here. do you read the articles?<!-- Signature -->

16. you get an Arden kit to the Jaguar and then you pump the displaemnt / stretch out bore of a Jag 4.0 to a 4.4, and you get 468hp, your point?
    has much as i love Mercury, even with greater displacment, it will be no where near the HP, nor the torque levels of the BMW nor the Jaguar. and of course, with that modification your car will now weight more than the Jag and BMW, with less power....
    u wont win. will it be fast? yeah
    fast for a "non-luxury" type car.... though i for one would differ on that label.
    now price on a other hand, you may get a point.
    but remember the Maruarador isn't a cheap Mercury!
    then if you add up all the luxury items that the M5 and the SR comes with, and you get yourself with little discrepincy in price.
    but, ford is doing good in its current trend by adding more muscle to its line of cars!

17. I agree with you JaguarX, and i think Ford should have given people what they want, they should have supercharged it. With a supercharger it would be up to at least a good 390hp, able to compete at least with a jag s-type R. But i think this car is one of the only flashy cars around that actually turn heads at the sight, and sound of the exhaust alone. Especially for the price, and it's one of the few RWD American V8's around at the moment. So it gets my vote.

18. the fact that people will think ur a cop and get the #$%#out ur way makes it cool.