Re: gto vs. 2003 mustang cobra

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. gto vs. 2003 mustang cobra

Feel free to disagree, but I think the gto would win in a race, because it almost has the same hp. and it isn't supercharged. Also it is more aerodynamic. We don't know the weight of this car, but it will likely not weigh that much.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Feel free to disagree, but I think the gto would win in a race, because it almost has the same hp. and it isn't supercharged. Also it is more aerodynamic. We don't know the weight of this car, but it will likely not weigh that much.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ROFLMAO!!! Do you really believe that? LOL.

1. The Cobra has much more horsepower, at around 425. We've already been over this, it is very underated.

2. How is having a supercharger a DISadvantage? The roots-type blower generates one of the best and flattest torque curves ever.

3. The GTO will weigh 3700-3800#s. The question is, can it beat a z28?<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Feel free to disagree, but I think the gto would win in a race, because it almost has the same hp. and it isn't supercharged. Also it is more aerodynamic. We don't know the weight of this car, but it will likely not weigh that much.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1. The Cobra has much more horsepower, at around 425. We've already been over this, it is very underated.

2. How is having a supercharger a DISadvantage? The roots-type blower generates one of the best and flattest torque curves ever. Making near its peak torque from 2k-redline.

3. The GTO will weigh 3700-3800#s. The question is, can it beat a z28?<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>

2. How is having a supercharger a DISadvantage? The roots-type blower generates one of the best and flattest torque curves ever. Making near its peak torque from 2k-redline.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>

3. The GTO will weigh 3700-3800#s. The question is, can it beat a z28?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->First of all the cobra has 390hp. not 425. Second you don't know the weight of this car. Does it say, no. And third hp. isn't every thing. Finally this will beat the z28 seeing that it has 300hp. and the gto has 350hp.<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>

3. The GTO will weigh 3700-3800#s. The question is, can it beat a z28?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->First of all the cobra has 390hp. not 425. Second you don't know the weight of this car. Does it say, no. And third hp. isn't every thing. Finally this will beat the z28 seeing that it has 300hp. and the gto has 350hp.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>

8. the mustang with the supercharged 390hp i say would win

9. Camaro, we've been over this SO many times. 03 Cobra’s make 365-390RWHP STOCK. With a standard 15% drivetrain loss in manuals the new Cobras are making 425-435 horsepower STOCK. Check Steeda, Bassani, MM&FF, and hundreds of Cobra owners and dyno tuners. They are seriously underated.

The weight is 3700-3800#s, in a blurb found in Motortrend. That is pretty realistic considering how heavy the Holden’s it is based on is.

Let's look at weight ratios:
    Cobra: 8.6 lb/horsepower
    z28: 11.1 lb/horsepower
    GTO: 10.9 lb/horsepower

The Cobra will absolutely kill it. As I said, the GTO is at the level of a z28.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Camaro, we've been over this SO many times. 03 Cobra’s make 365-390RWHP STOCK. With a standard 15% drivetrain loss in manuals the new Cobras are making 425-435 horsepower STOCK. Check Steeda, Bassani, MM&FF, and hundreds of Cobra owners and dyno tuners. They are seriously underated.

The weight is 3700-3800#s, in a blurb found in Motortrend. That is pretty realistic considering how heavy the Holden’s it is based on is.

The Cobra will absolutely kill it. As I said, the GTO is at the level of a z28.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah, but on motor trend the gtos are concepts they look alot different from this and it's not for sure that 350hp. is what it's going to be I've heard from websites that it might have 375hp. Also if they are going to make this 350hp. then it will probably be under rated like the vette. <!-- Signature -->

11. Besides that's what I think you don't have to. <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Camaro, we've been over this SO many times. 03 Cobra’s make 365-390RWHP STOCK. With a standard 15% drivetrain loss in manuals the new Cobras are making 425-435 horsepower STOCK. Check Steeda, Bassani, MM&FF, and hundreds of Cobra owners and dyno tuners. They are seriously underated.

The Cobra will absolutely kill it. As I said, the GTO is at the level of a z28.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yeah, but on motor trend the gtos are concepts they look alot different from this and it's not for sure that 350hp. is what it's going to be I've heard from websites that it might have 375hp. Also if they are going to make this 350hp. then it will probably be under rated like the vette. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It doesn't look alot different. The only difference is the front end, and how do you know that makes it lighter??

The vette is not underated like the camaro, and the camaro is not as underated as the Cobra. In stock form the 03 Cobra makes nearly as much horsepower at the wheels as it is advertised to make at the crank!<!-- Signature -->

13. The new cobra has closer to 400bhp but because last years bhp promises wernt met SVT made sure and kept it at a number that they can for sure meet. And whos to say this car has better aeros than the mustang when the mustang has very nice aerodnamyics. But i do think that the new GTO will give the new stang some good competition but it wont beat it.<!-- Signature -->

14. Well, just take a look at one of the current (July) Ford magazines that tests the Mustang Cobra (390 bhp), against the current 35th Anniversay Camaro (325 bhp).
    Obviously the article is very biased for the majority, but they have to admit at the end that considering the Camaro is losing over 60 bhp to the Mustang, the fraction of 100th of a second time differences between the two on the test track mean nothing.
    In my honest opinion, if this new GTO is going to be based on the Holden 'adrenalin' machine (which will easily beat the Cobra all-round at present), then Ford owners better start relying on more than a supercharger to keep them up in Ford vs GM wars.