Re: Isn't great Porsche 911 could kill this car

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 Cabriolet' started by Priviledge of Speed, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Isn't great Porsche 911 could kill this car

My opinion : BMW arent that great. M3 and M5 only fast cars. Porshe 911 could kick this car, coupe or convertible.

2. My ferrari would kill your geo metro too....
    don't compare apples to oranges!<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>
    <b>My opinion : BMW arent that great. M3 and M5 only fast cars. Porshe 911 could kick this car, coupe or convertible.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Porsche 911 is alittle faster, and alittle more money and alittle less common. For me the decision is more based on the price, in canada the price difference is nearly 40k, so if you have lots of money sure go buy the porsche conv and have fun, however if your feeling alittle less rich get the m3 conv.

4. which 911 are you talking about here, cause not all 911 are faster then the M3.<!-- Signature -->

5. that all depends the M3 will beat the 911 carrera and 911 carrera 4 but the turbo, GT2, GT3 are different stories. and ur forgeting that the top speed is electronically limited

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>
    <b>My opinion : BMW arent that great. M3 and M5 only fast cars. Porshe 911 could kick this car, coupe or convertible.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

WOW! You're really smart! I don't think any of us knew that! Its also amazing because they are both in the same class and price range! And both can comfortably hold 4 people. You jackass, shut the hell up. Don't ever post again.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

7. stupid u dont know shit about bmw if yur telling us the m3 and m5 are the only fast cars bmw has.<!-- Signature -->

8. I do agree. The 911 Turbo would kick the crap out of this car. BUT, however the 911 is lighter, has more HP, and is a little more expensive. But it is convertible. It isin't like comparing apples and oranges it's like comparing Oranges and Tangerines. <!-- Signature -->

9. Yeah, you jackass!

That's the same like saying: "My Jaguar XKR Silverstone could beat your Suzuki Swift!"

Idiot!<!-- Signature -->

10. My Suzuki Swift can burn your Geo Metro!<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LamboOwner</i>
    <b>I do agree. The 911 Turbo would kick the crap out of this car. BUT, however the 911 is lighter, has more HP, and is a little more expensive. But it is convertible. It isin't like comparing apples and oranges it's like comparing Oranges and Tangerines. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No, its totally comparing an apple to an orange, they aren't in the same class. You are completly wrong.<!-- Signature -->

12. 911 turbo vs m3 is such a gay comparrison, of course turbo will win! thats like saying the m3 kicks a civic<!-- Signature -->

13. yes the 911 turbo will beat an m3, and GT2 will totaly own it but both of those cars are a LOT more expensive. The carrera is a better comparison. Here in aus at least the carrera is slightly more expensive then the m3, carrera being 160k(from memory) and m3 being 140k. but its slower around a fairly twisty track.

I wouldnt compare the GT2 to the m3. as it costs about twice. as much. I think more then twice actually. GT2 is in a different league.

For the price, the m3's performance, bulid quality etc is awesome.<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Koenigsegg CC</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>

Hey loser, do you mind providing some evidence. I just love embarrasing losers like you. Here's evidence that the M3 kills the 911; my reference being Road and Track:

0-60 mph times:

M3 Coupe- 4.7 seconds
    911- 5.0 seconds

Braking from 60-0 mph:

M3- 112 ft.
    911- 134 ft.

Price:

M3- $50,000
    911- $70,000

So not only does the M3 outaccelerate and outbrake the 911, but it does it with a savings of $20,000. The M3 also offers more luxury, technology, and 4 comfortable seats.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The M3 does offer more luxury and has more horsepower, but on this site and magazine road tests, The 911 carrera is faster:

MOTOR magazine road test:
    911 carrera - 0-60 5.o seconds
    Quarter mile 14.37

BMW M3 - 0-60 5.0 seconds
    Quarter mile 14.5 seconds

Supercars.net:

911 carrera: 0-60 5.1 for the normal and 4.9 for the new 4s model
    Top speed - 285km/h / 177 mph

BMW M3: 0-60 -5.1 for the coupe and 5.4 for the cabriolet
    Topspeed - 249 km/h / 155 mph

I love embarrasing loser like you too.

15. European Sports Car Magazine (British Mag) recently did a comparison of the 02 M3 Cabrio vs. the 02 996 Cabrio. In acceleration, the Porsche won by a HAIR, and in handling, both cars were deemed different. The 911 was considered more of a track car, the M3 a grand tourer. Ultimately, the magazine decided that each car did in fact fulfill the wishes of different kinds of drivers. I own a 1999 Porsche 911 cabrio and love the car. However, I have to show my respect for the M3, as it is a comparable performer at a significantly lower price. If the E46 M3 had been available when I bought my Porsche, I would have given it a significant amount of consideration. I also own a 1997 328i and know that the 3 series has capable (though not Porsche like) handling and traction. I think it comes down to price and preferance with these two vehicles. Either way, you can't go wrong.

16. Who cares if the 911 can whoop this car? You shouldn't care. Because I do not think that your 10 speed bicycle can beat this car. You are just #$%#ing gay!

Bye Bye

17. first of all the M3 and the 911 aren't even in the same class...Of course the 911 would win...and again its like comparing apples and oranges<!-- Signature -->

18. depends which 911 you are talking about.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>

Hey loser, do you mind providing some evidence. I just love embarrasing losers like you. Here's evidence that the M3 kills the 911; my reference being Road and Track:

0-60 mph times:

M3 Coupe- 4.7 seconds
    911- 5.0 seconds

Braking from 60-0 mph:

M3- 112 ft.
    911- 134 ft.

Price:

M3- $50,000
    911- $70,000

So not only does the M3 outaccelerate and outbrake the 911, but it does it with a savings of $20,000. The M3 also offers more luxury, technology, and 4 comfortable seats.<!-- Signature -->

20. Hey i have that issue. The M3 was second fastest (to the vette, a drag car) and had best handling and luxury. Plus, its an M.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>

This guy is stupid. He has no idea what he is talking about. The M3 can beat a 911, and not just in a straight line, it can also beat it on the track.
    My opinion: This guy is a stupid retard and therefore will be a burden on society. Well, maybe he will be able to work at McDonalds, but a chimp might be more qualified. Do you know how easy it is to train a chimp?!

Angus<!-- Signature -->

22. ok I know what I said pretty much stupid.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Priviledge of the Speed 7</i>

This guy is stupid. He has no idea what he is talking about. The M3 can beat a 911, and not just in a straight line, it can also beat it on the track.
    My opinion: This guy is a stupid retard and therefore will be a burden on society. Well, maybe he will be able to work at McDonalds, but a chimp might be more qualified. Do you know how easy it is to train a chimp?!

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->MOTOR magazine road test:
    911 carrera - 0-60 5.o seconds
    Quarter mile 14.37

BMW M3 - 0-60 5.0 seconds
    Quarter mile 14.5 seconds

Supercars.net:

911 carrera: 0-60 5.1 for the normal and 4.9 for the new 4s model
    Top speed - 285km/h / 177 mph

BMW M3: 0-60 -5.1 for the coupe and 5.4 for the cabriolet
    Topspeed - 249 km/h / 155 mph

And I suggest you come back with a better insult than befor cause it SUCKED!

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M3 ALL THE WAY</i>
    <b>first of all the M3 and the 911 aren't even in the same class...Of course the 911 would win...and again its like comparing apples and oranges</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Well considering the M3 has more horsepower than the 911 and the 911 is still faster

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Corax</i>
    <b>My ferrari would kill your geo metro too....
    don't compare apples to oranges!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The M3 actually has more power if u didnt know