Re: Rather have a Lingenfelter Corvette

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by BugattiEB110SS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. They did dominate, 4 years in succession and 2 world championships

2. The V10 was originally designed to be a truck engine and then they handed it over to Lamborghini to turn into a sportscar engine...then Hennessey turned it into a V10 car to be reconed with!<!-- Signature -->

3. The only viper I like is the 2003 vipers they're cool, but the corvette dominates this, because they have better handeling.

4. Rather have a Lingenfelter Corvette

They both cost $160,000 but the Lingenfelter Corvette has better preformance:

Lingenfelter Corvette
    0-60: 1.9 Sec!!!!
    1/4: 9.??
    Top Speed: 240MPH-250MPH estimated

But I still think that the Viper Venom 800TT is SWEET!!!!!!

5. Yeah I'd rather have the Vette too but we already went over this in another post.<!-- Signature -->

6. I'd rather have made Dad's friends car after he gets his customized supercharger. A clean 1,000hp and faster than that Lingenfelter. If he does I'll get some pics!<!-- Signature -->

7. I'd take the vette also, More class than the viper. The viper is nothing more than an overpriced kit car with a truck engine!

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b>I'd take the vette also, More class than the viper. The viper is nothing more than an overpriced kit car with a truck engine!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yea, an overpriced kit car that can dominate Ferrari's, Corvettes, and almost everything else for a fraction of the cost. You need to spend half-million dollars on a Ferrari just to be faster than this thing, and it only costs 70,000. You are an absolute genius! Get over the jealousy, thats all I can say.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b>I'd take the vette also, More class than the viper. The viper is nothing more than an overpriced kit car with a truck engine!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yea, an overpriced kit car that can dominate Ferrari's, Corvettes, and almost everything else for a fraction of the cost. You need to spend half-million dollars on a Ferrari just to be faster than this thing, and it only costs 70,000. You are an absolute genius! Get over the jealousy, thats all I can say.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Z06 is quicker in acceleration than the GTS, proven many times. you are a dumbass that needs to realize that the Viper is not a good car period

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>

Yea, an overpriced kit car that can dominate Ferrari's, Corvettes, and almost everything else for a fraction of the cost. You need to spend half-million dollars on a Ferrari just to be faster than this thing, and it only costs 70,000. You are an absolute genius! Get over the jealousy, thats all I can say.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Z06 is quicker in acceleration than the GTS, proven many times. you are a dumbass that needs to realize that the Viper is not a good car period</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh, really? Proven many times? Well, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it to me. Now, how fast does the Corvette get to 60, its best time? The 3.9 was with clutch-less shifting, said many times. The Viper GTS, has pulled off a 0-60 in 3.9 seconds 3 times, with using the clutch. Its best was 3.89, rounded to 3.9. So, how does that make the Corvette accelerate faster? And if I was you (thank god I'm not) I wouldn't even talk about acceleration after 60, because the Viper kills the Corvette. In all acceleration and speed aspects, the Viper dominates, and even dominates on the track. Period. It is a good car, its just you seem to be jealous of it.<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>

The Z06 is quicker in acceleration than the GTS, proven many times. you are a dumbass that needs to realize that the Viper is not a good car period</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh, really? Proven many times? Well, then you shouldn't have a problem proving it to me. Now, how fast does the Corvette get to 60, its best time? The 3.9 was with clutch-less shifting, said many times. The Viper GTS, has pulled off a 0-60 in 3.9 seconds 3 times, with using the clutch. Its best was 3.89, rounded to 3.9. So, how does that make the Corvette accelerate faster? And if I was you (thank god I'm not) I wouldn't even talk about acceleration after 60, because the Viper kills the Corvette. In all acceleration and speed aspects, the Viper dominates, and even dominates on the track. Period. It is a good car, its just you seem to be jealous of it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dominates? Please, Which car dominates the GTS category of the sports car championship? corvette, even with viper competition. The C5-R is a far better race car than the dated GTS-R.

12. Really? I could have sworn that the Team Oreca Viper dominated everything it raced against. But I don't know much about LeMans and other races like that, so I won't act like I do.<!-- Signature -->

13. Also, if you want to read an artical that backs up my thinking of the viper being more of a kit car than anything, read Sports car international, the July 2002 issue where they compare the Porsche GT2 to the Viper GTS ACR

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b>Also, if you want to read an artical that backs up my thinking of the viper being more of a kit car than anything, read Sports car international, the July 2002 issue where they compare the Porsche GT2 to the Viper GTS ACR</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yea, that review was absolutely pathetic. I read it when people on the Viperclub forum talked about it. That mag must totally dispise of Vipers. The worst review I've ever seen for any car. I don't know what was wrong with them. I mean seriously, whats so wrong with the Viper? It wasn't meant to be luxurious, it was meant to be an all-out track car with blinding acceleration and speed. <!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SvSi Viper</i>
    <b>Also, if you want to read an artical that backs up my thinking of the viper being more of a kit car than anything, read Sports car international, the July 2002 issue where they compare the Porsche GT2 to the Viper GTS ACR</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yea, that review was absolutely pathetic. I read it when people on the Viperclub forum talked about it. That mag must totally dispise of Vipers. The worst review I've ever seen for any car. I don't know what was wrong with them. I mean seriously, whats so wrong with the Viper? It wasn't meant to be luxurious, it was meant to be an all-out track car with blinding acceleration and speed. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They weren't talking about luxury, They were talking about track manners and the ACR has lack there of!

16. How is the Viper a kit car with a truck engine when dodge had to create a special truck with a Viper engine to compete with the Ford Lightning? I mean.. if the Viper had a truck engine then this truck wouldn't be very special b/c they're just putting a truck engine in it.. right?<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiFan</i>
    <b>How is the Viper a kit car with a truck engine when dodge had to create a special truck with a Viper engine to compete with the Ford Lightning? I mean.. if the Viper had a truck engine then this truck wouldn't be very special b/c they're just putting a truck engine in it.. right?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The V10 was originally designed to be a truck engine and then they handed it over to Lamborghini to turn into a sportscar engine

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>The only viper I like is the 2003 vipers they're cool, but the corvette dominates this, because they have better handeling.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Corvette has better handling? Funny, every test I've seen the Viper is faster around the track than the Corvette, and pulls more g's on the skidpad and has a higher slalom speed.

No wonder everyone hates you and thinks you're a jackass. All you do is make up facts. Whats this, the 6th time I caught you making stuff up?<!-- Signature -->

19. SvSi, you're right on that one, that is a made up fact. The Z06 is only OCCASIONALLY, VERY RARELY faster on a track, which is really a better test of practical handling than is the slalom or skidpad. So, I'm sorry, but the Corvette doesn't really handle better, it does depend on track and track condition, and familiarity with the individual car, but usually, the Viper is quicker.

20. Z06 is equal to the viper in track conditions and it even has less Hp, I wouldn't be so proud of that if I was a viper owner

21. The Z06 is the same as the Viper on the track? I would like to see how you came up with this.

Your ignorance is showing.<!-- Signature -->

22. What tests have you been reading? I read that the viper falls short in traction and braking to the Z06.

23. Traction? Not to sure about that.

Braking? Yes. And No. The pre-ABS Vipers stopped very badly, now they have ABS. And even then, they still beat Corvettes.<!-- Signature -->

24. In that one issue of SCI they rated the Viper brakes as poor, They gave out too quickly and no matter how hard they pushed they couldn't get the ABS to kick in

25. How could the ABS not kick in? Without ABS, the tires lock up easily. Thats why they stop so bad. Of course the ABS would kick in.<!-- Signature -->