Re: SS has nothing on the 03 Cobra

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe' started by JESTERFIELD, Aug 9, 2002.

1. P.S. (too all you camaro/firebird ENTHUSIATS who stick your weiners in ur tailpipes daily and rufuse to admit that mustangs are a good car)......JUST REMEMBER.....if ford had NEVER made the mustang.....then gm would NEVER had taken their camaro/firbirds off their assembly line...............i rest my case.

2. Yeah super charge an SS Camaro Z28 and it'll have 400+bhp. So logically with more bhp and less weight it would out perfrom the SVT Cobra R.

3. The Cobra is Faster but it has like 40+more HP over the Camaro SS lets compare the Cobra Vs. Corvette any 03 vette the Z06 or the Coupe and will see then.

4. Think about what these FORD guys are saying. They have a Supercharged car against a N/A car, and it is only 40 hp more??? Lets just leave the math to these guys, supercharge our cars, and wait on them at the finish line. By the way, there is a 120,000 mile LS1 out there with a turbo. The unique thing is they only changed the valve springs before putting the turbo on. That 120,000 LS1 is 800 hp / 733 foot pounds of torque, and running on pump gas with radial tires. Try that with a ford motor.

5. Think about what these FORD guys are saying. They have a Supercharged car against a N/A car, and it is only 40 hp more??? Lets just leave the math to these guys, supercharge our cars, and wait on them at the finish line. By the way, there is a 120,000 mile LS1 out there with a turbo. The unique thing is they only changed the valve springs before putting the turbo on. That 120,000 LS1 is 800 hp / 733 foot pounds of torque, and running on pump gas with radial tires. Try that with a ford motor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy enough to do, the 4.6L SVT engine will support up to 1000 HP on stock internals. I wouldn't want it, where would ya drive the thing, especially in Washington State? I'll stick with spending a couple of grand to tweak it up around 600+ HP and go eat some r!ce burners. I've got a particular 95 RX-7 running 30 Lbs. of boost and making 400 HP in a lightened 2500 Lb. car in mind. I'm gonna run him stock first just for grins and then come back and spank him later. Ya be cool now, ya hear?

6. What do u people mean the Camaro is dead? Havent u been reading up on this? Chevrolet MIGHT bring it back, a Z28 having 350HP, but i dont know what the SS is going to have u Ford people need to stop dissing on Chey because in reality Chevy would rip a new asshole for ford.

7. Oh yeah, did you know that Ford designed the small block 350 for cheverolet in the 1960's?? Ford was running the 427 and NO MANUFACTURER could compete (like the camaros and firebirds that were put out of production)...Chevy went to Lee Iacoca, the president of Ford begging for an engine design so they could at least stay competitive with chrystler. I dont know any times were Ford went to Chevy, or Chevy designed a engine for FOrd...do you.

8. I just read this topic and find it disgusting. This person here is the only one making much sense. First of all using a supercharger isn't cheating, they just wanted it faster, easier, quicker. Personally, I don't hate Ford, but I don't really like Ford. But I would take a Ford over any Jap car ANY day. Muscle will always be the king.

For the people comparing corvette and mustang: In a motor trend article recently the mustang svt cobra (not r) convertible was compared to the corvette convertible. The vette won even though it has 350 horses and the cobra has 385. Don't bother, they are in different leagues. It won because it weighed a lot less. Vette is more of a race car, most mustangs are a teenagers silly dream.

All the cars listed here are great, I drive a '75 nova, not SS, but still fast. Flowmaster on it makes it loud as hell. Got the 350 in it, I love it because it's so simple. Just please listen to this man, its not Chevy vs. Ford, its American vs. Foreign.

9. i think 1 thing every1 forgets about the svt cobra is the mark up price on them.sum of the prices on the lot 4 thme are at 45000.now i no any 1 could try tow work out a deal with a sales man to lower the price but its still a fact that the svt doesnt just cost 35000.also y do people talk bad bout the 350 v8.wats rong with it havin big displacement.it may have 325 at the wheels but alot of people forget about torque and the power band of the motor.in the SS or any other car that contains the 5.7l u no u could find torque and horsepower at any rpm.

10. Its funny because it took Chevrolet to get rid of the F-Bodies before Ford decided to give a Mustang any power. Look at the past 15 years minimum, Mustang has always been behind in the horsepower race. They knew that if they stepped up with Camaro still in production GM would put them in there place once again.

11. you forget that we're comparing a naturally aspirated 5.7 liter vs a supercharged 4.6 liter. i think the supercharger basically negates the displacement difference.
    mustangs can be made just as fast or faster than camaros/firebirds. with both, one can bold on turbos or superchargers and be looking at completely stupid amounts of torque throughout the powerband, and that's just by lowering the compression, buying two junkyard t3's, and getting a set of slicks. you can't possibly say that a turbo camaro will always beat a turbo'd stang, or the other way around...there's always gonna be another 439 winsor powered stang on the spray, turbo'd 351 stang, or even a turbo'd ls1.
    the point is, Ford created an awesome bang-for-your-buck car. very few cars out there can offer 390 horsepower and equal torque for 30k. shit, swap the blow pulley and you can be looking at an easy 500 hp. so basically what i'm trying to say is that both Ford and GM have created some pretty incredible cars. why not take it for what it is: an awesome bargain!

edit: forgot a few words

12. your a dumbass, if the camaro had a super chager then it would take an 03 cobra ne day, it would also have more horsepower cause it has a bigger block

13. ok the 01 cobra is faster than a 01 ss in 0-60 1/4 mile and on test tracks so wheres your ss and the 2000 cobra r is faster than the 2001 z06 in 1/4 mile and on any race track z06 suck at handling and the 2003 ford fr500 mustang with the 5.0 cammer naturally aspired 420 hp rapes the 2003 405 horsepower z06 in every aspect now the 2006 z06 get demolished in every aspect by the ford gt the hennesy 1100 ford gt rapes nthe lingenfelter 427 twin turbo z06 and finally the ss silverado get raped buy the lightning and a kenny bell blower on a 2001 cobra gets 480 horsepower a ss comaro with vortech only get 450 what up now.

14. ok the 01 cobra is faster than a 01 ss in 0-60 1/4 mile and on test tracks so wheres your ss and the 2000 cobra r is faster than the 2001 z06 in 1/4 mile and on any race track z06 suck at handling and the 2003 ford fr500 mustang with the 5.0 cammer naturally aspired 420 hp rapes the 2003 405 horsepower z06 in every aspect now the 2006 z06 get demolished in every aspect by the ford gt the hennesy 1100 ford gt rapes nthe lingenfelter 427 twin turbo z06 and finally the ss silverado get raped buy the lightning and a kenny bell blower on a 2001 cobra gets 480 horsepower a ss comaro with vortech only get 450 what up now.