S7 vs. GT2

Discussion in '2000 Saleen S7' started by mach7, Mar 17, 2003.

1. im more concerned on which one handles better.

2. Re: S7 vs. GT2

GT2 handles better

3. Re: S7 vs. GT2

any stats that prove it handles better?

4. Re: S7 vs. GT2

The GT2 definately handles better. Le Mans proves that Porsches win against Saleens (although a bit outnumbered).

5. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Well I think the S7 would win. And it would most certainly win the beauty contest.

6. Re: S7 vs. GT2

sorry.......

7. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Close! Don't know for sure.

8. Re: S7 vs. GT2

I think The handeling of the Gt2 will be beter, not because Saleen is bad, just because porsche is super. But I like the Saleen, musch more than a Viper or a corvette

9. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Perfect way to summarize it all up

10. Re: S7 vs. GT2

CLick to Enlarge These Pics, This Car Could Wipe The FLoor With Most Cars

11. Re: S7 vs. GT2

This car would wipe the floor with ANY car.......Except maybe a Bugatti Veyron......Or maybe a Koenigsegg.....yeah, that's about it.

12. Re: S7 vs. GT2

i doubt the Veyron would be able to turn as well as the S7.

13. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Guys...

0-60 for the S7 is 3.6 while the GT2 has a time of 3.6

14. Re: S7 vs. GT2

the s7 definately handle's better

15. Re: S7 vs. GT2

0-60 for the Saleen is actually 3.3, and the roadholding stats from Car & Driver states 1.02g. Now tell me that the GT2 handles better...sorry, you can't.

16. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Ha ha. It's funny because it's true.

17. Re: S7 vs. GT2

Hell no it doesnt. This car has sooo much downward force it hugs the road so well. Besides GT2 is slow compaired to this.

18. Re: S7 vs. GT2

They arent in the same class dipshit. A S7-R would massacre a 911 GT3R

19. Re: S7 vs. GT2

the saleen s7
    pretty close match though

20. Re: S7 vs. GT2

I doubt a vayron can turn.

21. Re: S7 vs. GT2

how do you know that?? the saleen s7 produces the most downforce of any production car ever

also road and track got it through the slalom with a speed above 70 mph which they recorded for very few cars

22. Re: S7 vs. GT2

the manufacters estimates for the new 2004 saleen s7 is 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds

23. Porsches don't win against Saleens. The S7 is considerably faster than any Porsche recently at LeMans.

24. It should have read S7 vs CGT. With all that downforce and such a wide profile of course the S7 is gonna handle better. A more equal comparison is the Carrera GT.

25. The Saleen is lower to the ground and has more areodynamics then the gt 2. Depending on the shock setting and tires the outcome would be different. The S7 also has a lower weight which adds to its advantage.