SLK 32 AMG or Z3 M

Discussion in '2001 BMW Z3 M Roadster' started by Stookie, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: SLK 32 AMG or Z3 M

guys does it really do 0-60 in 5.3?
    i think it should do more.
    what do u think?

2. Re: SLK 32 AMG or Z3 M

cameros were not made until 1967 and a 40 year old camero would be 1962 camero

3. Re: SLK 32 AMG or Z3 M

I have not tried the AMG SLK, but I have tried the Z3M, or M Roadster as it's also called, and I have tried the SLK 320. To be honest, there is no doubt that the SLK (probably the AMG too) is more comfortable, and easier to drive than its BMW counterpart, but then again, can they really be called counterparts, or competitors, just because they're german and small ? The SLK's auto box is not very sporty, but the 5-speeder on the BMW is perfect as always, and the car has great balance and is fun to throw around. Oversteer is easy to control and feels natural, whereas the SLK 320 groaned and complained under pressure. I agree with what's being said, for people who are interested in getting quickly along the motorway, get a Z06, or a Lancer Evo for back-roads, btw, do you get them in the states ? These cars are as much about posing as being sporty. A more suitable competitor for the M-roadster in terms of engine etc. may be the Porsche Boxster S, similarly priced here at least.