thats a nice car

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98' started by viperownerwannabe, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i wonder wat the speed and everything is<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: thats a nice car

My guess is the top speed is somewhere around 200mph give or take. Accel probably low 3s.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: thats a nice car

Have any of you ever seen pictures of foot long flames coming out the exhaust pipes.
    very sweet pictures

4. Re: thats a nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari Man</i>
    <b>I have a model of this car, the horsepower is more around 600 with out restrictions they put on it for racing. The top speed is around 230 mph, give or take a few(its a Le Mans car, what do you exspect!?).0-60 in high 3- low 4.)This car and the Mercedes CLK-GTR got me into Le Mans style racing, now that, and F1, is all i like. This car looks like a old Porsche racing legend, the 917. Well. at least the long tail. WHY AIN'T THAT CAR ON THIS SITE?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's funny because this car's top speed is about 198mph.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: thats a nice car

dude the mercedes suck mor than macs, but the r390's are good, NOTHING BEATS A GT-1

6. Re: thats a nice car

This is the GT1 that made History in 1998 by beating the McLaren in the 24HR. This is the best car in the world.The #$%#ing HP is wrong, oh yeah #$%# all you #$%#ers that dont like this car. PORSCHE FO LIFE

7. Re: thats a nice car

This is a nice car, its probably the best. But I dont know why this web site doesn't have the Porsche Sportec GT1, its a really cool car, for all you Porsche fans look it up, its #$%#ing nice.
    Sportec GT1
    730hp
    233MPH+
    0-60(3.5)
    now thats a PORSCHE

8. Re: thats a nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>dude the mercedes suck mor than macs, but the r390's are good, NOTHING BEATS A GT-1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The CLK GTR LM won 10 out of 10 FIA Gt1 races and you call it suck????<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: thats a nice car

Is it that hard to comprehend the top speed of this car. It is not 230+mph like you think. And top speed on LeMans is not everything, maybe befor the chicanes on Mulsanne it was more important than it is now but now braking and the driver's line is key. The Toyota's trap speed was more like 217mph btw. Trap speed on LeMans is usually the car's top speed.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: thats a nice car

Actually, the speed trap is useful but TOP SPEED ALSO DEPENDS ON TRAFFIC-ya know there is more than one car on the track at once

11. Re: thats a nice car

speed is important but downforce set up is the key, if you have the right set up and a powerful engine then you should do good

12. Re: thats a nice car

actually suspension, but close.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: thats a nice car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>actually suspension, but close.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah you have a good point there
    the le man winning audi R8s are suppose to have one of the best suspensions on a race car
    but i still stand by what i said