the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

Discussion in '1997 Chrysler Viper GTS-R' started by sachpoe, Aug 9, 2002.

1. they miss informed you.

2. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

been clocked at 237.5mph on a straightaway. plenty of room for improvement, just a whacking great big supercharger bolted on and you're looking at maybe knocking the callaway sledgehammer of the top spot.

3. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

dude ilike your thoughts on super chargers, but i dont think they can use them in lamans racing. but hey, if i ever get one ill be sure to do just that.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

I heard 210.p.h. but that was a while ago-I could be wrong.

5. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

this car's speed is not 225. this isn't the lemans car. its a stock viper with the lemans body stuff and the 10 extra hp from the viper acr.

6. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ambient paper</i>
    <b>this car's speed is not 225. this isn't the lemans car. its a stock viper with the lemans body stuff and the 10 extra hp from the viper acr.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Damn Straight! All you Viper junkies need to get your shit straight. THIS IS NOT THE LEMANS RACER! its just a stock viper with about 10 more hp and some aerodynamic mods (that dont do anything). The angle of the rear wing is zero degrees. Dodge didnt want to give it more downforce since it is a road car. Plain and simple.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

too bad it doesnt go that fast though...

8. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

10 more horses wont make it go 225 mph!! dumbass

this car weighs 1551 kilos!!

9. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

you guy's have no Idea, this is the GT2 car that they sold 100 of, it is barely better than the regular GTS.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

I've heard reports of this car doing 220+. It doesn't really matter, this is still my favorite Viper of all time. Besides, the Vector WX3 does 250+

11. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

this thing does not go that fast, and neither does the race version.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ambient paper</i>
    <b>this car's speed is not 225. this isn't the lemans car. its a stock viper with the lemans body stuff and the 10 extra hp from the viper acr.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would have said it, but he already did. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

13. #13 Vipergt662, Feb 24, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1998@$Dodge@$Viper%20GT2g.html

Oh look at that its called the GT2 the one dodge made for the street, its funny really. And I know Richard can find pictures of the actual street version and not the Lehamns version to put on the right descriptions.

14. #14 alexb29, May 28, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

Dude, do you know anything more than JACK SHIT!?

Look at the picture!
    This car is the Viper Team Oreca GTS-R. The track it is racing on is La Sarthe (Where they hold the 24 Hours race). This is the Turn 6&7 complex they put in to reduce speeds through the back-straight. It's an important track - they don't open it to just anyone. Also, you should note a GT car and an LMP car are racing in the background.

Also, the paint job was mentioned. This was a team Oreca exclusive paint job. No other race car had it. You should also look at the word 'Chrysler' on the windshield, which tells us this is a European-built kit-car. Also note the French flag on the door panel - Team Oreca is based in France.

Go to www.oreca.fr if you have any doubts (hope you can read French, because half of it is in French)

Get it now? Or do you need me to spew-forth more details? So get YOUR shit straight!

15. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

I know!

16. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

You also have to think about ratios and setup. If they minimize downforce, firm-up the suspension and increase the gear ratios, the car will fly! It's all dependent on something else!

17. Re: the real TOP SPEED is 225mph, not 185mph

This is the Racing F1 model the real one tops out at 193.4 mph.

18. Yes it is...

The GTS-R is the LeMans racer

As for the top speed, it varies depending on the gearing. On a track like LeMans with a 2 mile straight, they will gear it much taller to achieve that high top speed at the expense of acceleration, and they will gear it shorter on a slow circuit for quicker acceleration.

As for the Figures, it will probably do a little over 200 on the Mulsanne Straight.

19. What an ignorant tool, unless you're being sarcastic. This IS the LeMans racer, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. End of story.

20. put some thought into what yall are saying. an OHV only 10 more hp over the stock engine being able to do a 40mph increase in top speed. also this version is built with a lot of downforce inducers, which decrease top speed. maybe it could do over 200mph if you take the downforce inducers off of it, but nobody with a brain is going to do so. whoever told you this car could do so lied to you.

21. The top speed could be pretty much anything. Its a race car so accel, top speed, handling are all adjustable. I heard someone claim this was a stock Viper with 10hp and a wing for visuals. That Viper is not GTS-R, its GT2.