The world's sweetest car

Discussion in '1995 Ford GT90 Concept' started by EliteWolverine, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The world's sweetest car

BigHary speaks the truth, also have you ever checked out the Camaro ZL1? No turbos, no superchargers, just one badass chevy V8 with 770 horsepower, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. check out my other topic about this car on the specs page. FORD SUCKS! (especially Mustangs)<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: The world's sweetest car

Is that the smell of jealousy in the air.... FORD HATERS, SUCK MY TAIL PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The world's sweetest car

You haters must be stupid. Any car manufactuer can make a car powerful and fast. This car wasn't all about power. It had more advanced features than any corvette ever made and would be a much better car to drive than any chev or toyota.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: The world's sweetest car

i think its pretty f**king ugly, but its fast as hell

5. Re: The world's sweetest car

Dude its not that high tech or that fast. Its just ugly and impractical, like almost all CONCEPT cars. Impractical; The thing has little enough ground clearanceto make a launch ramp out of a speed bump. And those wheels?!?!?! The knockoffs would fly off!!!! The only reason that ford had to put heat resistant tiles on the thing is because it spends all its time on its knees sucking ferrari's pork sword.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from THEmorbidSMURF</i>
    <b>ok um id have to say that the only reaason why Ford might not release this car into production is because of the interrior enclosure. Its insane driving in a car which only has glass or glass-resembling materials surrounding you. Just think of all having to clean up the birdshit that might land on the transparent roof while your out with your honey! Its still a nice car. i wouldent mind having one.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I would gladley clean the bird shit off of it if i could have one!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: The world's sweetest car

This is a #$%#ing joke. Its just a damn concept showcar. It has never ran at any of the speeds claimed. Those are just guesses. Maybe I would be impressed if ford actually made a car that did thoses performance numbers they claim.

8. Re: The world's sweetest car

This car owns everything on the road or on the race tracks!! FORD RULES!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: The world's sweetest car

It doesn't own shit, it has never beat any car on the street or on a track. Its just a damn concept. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: The world's sweetest car

O, I love the design.

11. Re: The world's sweetest car

The funny thing is that the numbers are correct and out in germany has ran speeds in excess of 200mph+ so to u guys who say this car hasnt been tested up urs...the white one was tested in tokiyo before its debew in the show...the driver was scared sh**less for reasons of recking the car when driving it on the wet skip pad testing, and high-speed testing...

Now lets see about the more power statement...that chevy that has 800+ hp and 0-60 in 2.7sec well it never made it into production now did it...ford can make a v-8 pump out more horse power but its exspensive enigine work...ex saleen s7, puts a 427 v-8 7.0L to pump out 550hp and thats still refined a bit

well another note this car was to show fords techonology and nothing else it was to show the world wat they can do with current and futuristic techonology...plus all the super cars run v-12's but dont pump out much more than 600hp max (diablo v-12 6.0 all wheel drive).

Plus more power means more wheel spin when racing and well that means slower times...It already uses massive tires to get this thing to launch at a incredible 3.1sec and less than 11sec 1/4 time

any more and well the tires would have to be bigger more exspensive more body work...blahblahblah

so yes more power can be achieved but for wat slower times...ok :-/

OH YEA LETS NOT FORGET ITS A HYBRID V-12 NOT A TRUE V-12 SO THAT MEANS IT WAS BUILT FROM 2-V-6'S MEANING THAT ITS HITTING 360HP OUT OF A V-6 THAT IS NO BIGGER THAN A 3.0L

Ford damn their good!

12. Re: The world's sweetest car

actually its like getting 360 horsepower out of a twin turbo v6. that isn't something to brag about. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: The world's sweetest car

well some likes repeating wat i say....sorry i didnt take into acount for the zo6 corvette....but then again the cobra r comes really damn close and in the drag test if it wasnt for the cobra having to change gear toward the end it would have beat the vette in the quarter or tied it....so yes ford can make just as fast as cars but see u dont seem to understand that getting a car to launch under that 4 sec mark is really hard...once u hit 4.1 4.0 4.2 getting it below comes down to nit picking...like tenths off gear ratios tire temps sizes altitudes differential stiffness suspension throttle responce fuel flow computer progaming fuel pumps.....on and on and on....4 seconds is hard to get to and i give props to the vette for doing it but then again the cobra with its smaller engine can do the same...so can the saleen s351, s396, so can the roush stage 3 so can the steeda q mustang that can do 0-150-0 in 23.1 seconds....any way i bet if u put more horses in the zo6 vette it times will be no better than wat it can do right now....for reasons listed above and way more reasons that could follow.....

so thats one of the reasons the lambo v-12 6.0L is the fastest in everything and is a production cuz they took the time and did all the nit picking of everything and well to date it is the fastest car that road and track and car and driver have tested in the 1/4 mile on stock tires...it even beats the vipers and vettes that have slicks on to get those times and it does it with stock tires

so dont come here talking about vettes yes their pretty fast but its that .9 seconds that kicks ur vettes as* and when technology comes into hand.....and well that extra 2 seconds the vette takes to do in the 1/4 mile than the gt90, well that also is technology that ford has done and thats why its considered a super car, not a suped up sports car...oh yea in the 1/4 that 720hp takes over and whoops up the vette z06....

so in light of all this shit down shup up and drive a ford...

14. Re: The world's sweetest car

As i have said before, and i will say again. That is quad turbos at LOW BOOST. Yes let us read that again. LOW BOOST. Why not higher? I dont know. I do not pretend to be the creators of the GT90. However, the creators DID state that you could use medium boost and get over 900BHP from the gt90. So contemplate that.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ProJoe959</i>
    <b>OK. Say it with me now: 6.0L QUAD turbo V-12. Only 720hp. This is pathetic! Quad turbos! That's 4 of them. You seem to agree with Ford in saying that this is impressive. With all this displacement and all those cylinders and 4 F@#%ing turbos, all ford can manage to squeeze out of theis engine is 720HP!!!!!!!!

You mentioned the Toyota 6 cylinder. It is a 3.0L Inline 6. In stock twin turbo form, in the Supra RZ, it puts out 320hp. If you took half of this ford engine, It would be a 3.0L Twin turbo V-6 with 360hp. This IS more than the Toyota, but the Toyota is, shall we say, de-tuned, and its not part of a "High Tech" concept.

An example of how much better the Toyota is than the ford: You can buy a used Supra Turbo in excellent condition for $30,000 or less. If you buy just an additional $1400 in bolt-on parts, you can get 460hp out of the 3.0L I-6.

The "High Tech" ford also weighs 3200lbs. This is the same as the $30,000 Supra. Only, the Ford has to use a bunch of advanced materials to achieve this.

As you can see, this car isn't really impressive. With its 6.0L Quad Turbo V-12, advanced materials and vomit inducing "functional" design, it still manages to suck.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

15. Re: The world's sweetest car

How well does this car corner at top speed? driving it on GT2 it sucks at high speed and i can't find any info on the web can sombody help me out?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: The world's sweetest car

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT THIS MAY NOT B ALL AS IT SEEMS - IF IT MADE IT INTO PRODUCTION IT WOULD EASILY WIPE OUT THE XR8 AND MAYB EVEN THE MUSTANG<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from imprezawrx14</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from christofurr</i>
    <b>Honestly?
    This car doent own that much, if it did...how come it never made it into production?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

this car kicks ass, maybe it didn't make it into production because it is too high tech or too expensive to make</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ok this guy ended it all!!
    for all the arguments on all the messege boards on the GT-90 page
    this guy solved em all!!
    and put it in smaller words then i could ever have of

18. Re: The world's sweetest car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BADR</i>
    <b>This car sucks!!!!
    you sucks!!! all of you american car lover!!!

look at the design.. awful.... like feces paint in white!!!!
    now take a look at the ferraris.....
    uncompareable!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Gee. You just said the WORST thing, at the WORST possible time
    Right now, you shouldn't talk anyshit about America or
    any thing american in any bad way.
    America kicks ass, with industrial power

19. Re: The world's sweetest car

And why the hell does everyone think this is high tech?! Wow, it requires space shuttle material in the engine bay to keep the engine from overheating! Overheating?! This thing has no right to overheat with only 720hp out of a large v12 with bigger turbos than pamela lee's juggs! It must be high tech because is has a glass roof! OOOHHH! AAAAAAAHHH! I can get sunburns while driving! Or maybe it's high tech because of its high weight. It takes serious genius to make this thing tip the scales at 3200 lbs! Ford GT90: available in original or extra-crispy. This thing sucks wanker! Just like all the other fords. Except for the GT40. And if they dont put nasa stuff on F1 cars, i think this turd should be able to do without as well. Next time I take a crap, im gonna wrap it in heat resistant foil, and sell it to all you jerkoffs who think this thing owns the road!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: The world's sweetest car

Daytona, I wholeheartedly agree. We should start a company. The profit would be out of this world. So many people are impressed by turds like this that we're guaranteed success. We could call it...the Advanced Heat Resistant Fecal Rocket, or the AHRFeR. Sounds like a certain childrens show...

21. Re: The world's sweetest car

What an argument... you ignorant #$%#s can shut the hell up. ONLY 720hp out of a V-12. Oh, your ZL-1 Camaro has a naturally aspirated V-8? Yeah, a 570 cubic inch V-8. This is a 366 cubic inch V-12, with four Turbochargers. They don't run very much boost out of any of them, so as to maintain exaust flow. This engine is very stable, and the heat-resistant shields are to protect the rest of the light-weight material, in such a small engine compartment. McLaren's do the same. This car is an incredible piece of engineering, and were it to be produced, would be the fastest street car to date. Henry Ford should be very proud of what his brain child has been toying with. So you can eat you Fecal Rocket, the only thing it can outrun is a Honda.

22. Re: The world's sweetest car

How are you thinking that you could roll this car. It's so wide and short their ain't a cahnce it would happen.

23. Re: The world's sweetest car

it should handle quite well given its design, perhaps you just haven't gotten the hang of it, as with real life alot of the really exceptionally handling cars on GT are very difficult to get the hang of.

24. Re: The world's sweetest car

um....actually how about a Toyota with a 3.2 litre V6 with 1000hp at the wheels.

25. Re: The world's sweetest car

Well, considering it would cost them $800,000 to make that would mean a profit margin of $-695,000. Not very bright if you ask me, I'm pretty sure that despite Ford's primitive design sense, they are not that stupid.