THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

Discussion in '1993 McLaren F1 GTR' started by tvr rules, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I HAVE HERD THE GTR CAN ONLY REACH SPEEDS OF AROUND 215mph BUT CAN ACCELERACE FASTER THAN THE ROAD CARS. I HAVE HEARD THIS ON ANOTHER INTERNET SITE AND I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE.IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY

2. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

That is about how fast I thought the car was. That is the top speed of the GTR, but that is because of the all the dowforce it is running. That wing and front aero really make this car alot more draggy. But, that stuff creates alot of dowforce, so this car will have tons of grip at high speeds. A normal stock f1 will out accelerate an formula one race car above 100mph, even though formula one cars have 200 more hp and are half the mass. This is because formula one cars are more draggy, but have way more downforce than an f1.

3. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tvr rules</i>
    <b> I HAVE HERD THE GTR CAN ONLY REACH SPEEDS OF AROUND 215mph BUT CAN ACCELERACE FASTER THAN THE ROAD CARS. I HAVE HEARD THIS ON ANOTHER INTERNET SITE AND I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE.IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the things you have heard are just bullshit!!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

Actually that's true. The acceleration is higher because a lighter weight, wings, spoilers and better aeroedynamics, but it is slower in top speed because of drag, and because of regulations it has air restrictors which means less horsepower.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

Are these McLarens actually street legal, they are like #$%#in indy cars!

6. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tvr rules</i>
    <b> I HAVE HERD THE GTR CAN ONLY REACH SPEEDS OF AROUND 215mph</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Only?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

they dont need to go as fast as the roadversion because they cant get topspeed on the track

8. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

It dosen't go as fast because A: It had to be down tuned because of race regulations
    B: McLaren wanted more downforce so they adjusted the aerodynamics and you always get more drag for downforce and vice versa.
    C: There were air restrictors on the intakes.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: THIS CAR IS SLOWER THAN YOU THINK! -JUST READ THIS

This car is not slower than i think. If you would have researched on it you would have found out it does 0-60in 2.0 seconds and 0-100 in 4.2 seconds. I don't consider that slow.

10. there is no true topspeed to a racecar, they always are changed because of the gear ratios.<!-- Signature -->