THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Discussion in '2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe' started by AMG CLK55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The 350 definatly! It is the only one out of the two that still has a sproty look. I really hope that Toyota doesn't do something this stupid to the Supra....I REALLY HOPE THEY DON'T!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. i like the front of 350z better, but this thing has a sexy rear end. and the power is about the same, which would u guys choose>?

3. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

This is the 350z! It looks like it but is probably more posh inside

4. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

It's the same car but it was just rebadged with a different grille and different taillight and headlight treatment, even the same engine is used.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The 350Z for me. The styling works more for me on the 350Z. I would say the power question is iffy. Nissan has been messing around a lot with the new VQ35 and has come up with all sorts of power numbers from 240 to a predicted 280 HP. However, the 350Z has only been guaranteed a minimum of 260 HP and Nissan's running out of room to differentiate the HP numbers of higher level cars from lower level ones since many models use the same basic motor with slight changes. Which leaves the question of which will really have more power, i'm sure they'll both have the goodies like limited slip diff, and apparently both have 6 speed manual's, so price and styling will probably be the main issue. However the 350Z should be out first so it will have a head start, plus it is an icon as the carrier of the Z name. I think this G35 coupe is stylistically different enough from the 350Z, though the power seems to close to really ask a lot more for this car. The interiors look very different however, as this one is almost the same as the G35 sedan which is nothing like the 350Z interior. About time Nissan brought some true sports cars to the US. Now, the only question is where is the Skyline R35 and whens it gettin here??? Not to mention a turbo version of the new VQ35 would be nice (TT VQ35 possible in the R35 GT-R if they don't use the Q45's V8). Though a TT VQ35 on the 350Z would be nice(for price reasons), considering the GT-R is probably gonna be one expensive machine, but well worth every penny. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

definitely the Z. more of a drivers car. lighter. better power to weight and undoubtedly more enjoyable road dynamics. i also personally rather the look of the Z. main plus for the G35 is the rear seating, but i don't have a problem with 2 seaters. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The G35. Because I like hard sharp lines. The creeses and lines on the G35 are far more distinct than the lines of the 350Zed. the Zed is nice but too round. I want it hard and sharp. Plus the Rear and front lights are nicer. Obviously the interior is going to be nicer. It will lose a little performance but I don't mine the trade off. I'm not going to race around on a reg. But I would like comfort on a reg.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

One big difference is that the Z is a 2seater and this is a 2+2, seats 4

9. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The Infiniti Models are a Step Higher than the Nissans
    the Pathfinder to the Q-X4
    the Maxima to the I-35
    ----------
    The Infinitis are more of a luxury, I think the I-35 a bit more femme than the Maxima,
    This will depend on once the Car comes out. This Car Might seem better, or seem to...not sporty,, w/e ur taste is<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TPANCe 516</i>
    <b>The Infiniti Models are a Step Higher than the Nissans
    the Pathfinder to the Q-X4
    the Maxima to the I-35
    ----------
    The Infinitis are more of a luxury, I think the I-35 a bit more femme than the Maxima,
    This will depend on once the Car comes out. This Car Might seem better, or seem to...not sporty,, w/e ur taste is</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Are you talkin bout the I35 or G35? G35 to the Maxima? The G35 is better. More Power, RWD, nicer interior. Exterior is a matter of taste. If your talkin bout the I35, I think the Max is nicer. But isn't the I35 RWD? <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The I35 is front wheel drive. It's basically the same car as a Nissan Maxima with different looks and a different badge. Personally, i would take a Nissan Maxima SE because, they're just as nice as the I35 and it comes with a 6 speed manual tranny. <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Order of preference for Nissans:
    1. R34 GTR
    2. S15 Silvia
    3. 350Z
    4. G35
    5. Maxima
    .LAST: 2002 SE-R: FAMILY SEDAN!

13. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

The 350Z , no doubt at all.
    This car is a real beauty , when Renault will decide to import it officially in Europe , under the Nissan brand of course , I think they'll sell a lot !

14. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Infiniti is nissan, but the interiors are much nicer and leather is softer. Except the q45 which i believe is the nissan gloria in japan they are the same. And your talking about the names of the cars Infiniti's names come from the engine. It a letter then the liters. So a q45 is 4.5 and a g35 is 3.5. Thats why the I30 just changed to an I35 because nissan has a new engine the 3.5 v6. Nissan used it for some cars like the 240 and 200 Even datson used it before they became nissan the 280 and stuff. And the 300z is now the 350z and the new japanese model is the skyline 350gt.
    SEE IT'S SIMPLE

15. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

According to some recently released numbers, the G35 is quicker than the 350Z. That means a lot to people like me. Plus, I think that the 350Z is pretty ugly. Nissian should've just slightly modified the 300ZX, because it would've looked a lot better. The G35 seems like a true luxury car, a wouldn't be surprised if it was compared to the Lexus SC430, BMW Z3 2.8, or the Mercedes-Benz SLK320.*

*The G35 is quicker than all of these.:)
    <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

until they turbo charge the 350Z, they are really taking a crap on all the fans of this awesome cars heritage<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jimmywhacker</i>
    <b>This is the 350z! It looks like it but is probably more posh inside
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No, this is different.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

350Z but anyone who is thinking about buying one and you are a preformance minded driver wait to see if they turbo this thing. Hell with one turbo it would probly push 360hp easy with two??? mmmmmm I'm getting goose bumps thinking about it<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: THIS OR THE NISSAN 350Z??

Definately the G35 Coupe.
    Just the Infiniti name sets the car in a higher class + resale value. 2+2 seats, much more trunk space, added luxury... all for a similar price. If I wanted a 2 seater, I would get an S2000, which weighs 600lbs less, and is a lot racier.

Although the G35 Coupe has slightly less power, slightly heavier, and slightly more civilized suspension, you can't beat the practicality and luxury gain. The 2+2 seats and more trunk space alone makes this car practical enough to be someone's only car. Can't say that about the Z.